Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

A picture Somaliland's unionists hate

Galbeedi and others, adeer, qof wayn tag lama yidha wuxu ku tago ayaa lag tusa.

I don't think you can get any clear message from Southern Politician than that.

The writing is on the wall, if you thought it is Somaliwayn, you should read it closer. It says "Wanlawayn" all over it.

Barwaaqo   

Che,

Silaanyo iyo Saylici oo doorasho ku yimi baa Somaliland xukuma. 3da xisbi gudoomiye eed sheegaysaa waa madax sugayaal madaxweyne ku xigeenkooduna waxay ka imanayaan goballada kale, xukunku waa meerto xagayaga, Riyaale miyaad ilowday?

^ :D

Halkaan ka hadlay iyo waaka Qamaam dhaafay hadalkii!

Salfudaydka beesha Dhexe ayaa lagu xamanjiray laakin maalmahan arinka dad kale ayaa naga dhaxlay. :D

Nimanka sadex ah, waa dhamaan rer Waqooyi, xaq waxay u leeyin in hogaamiyaan Somaliland sida qof kasta oo waqooyi ugu simanyihiin. Nin isagu iska reebay yeelkiis.

Arinka meesha aan soo qoray, sxbyaal ka daaya qalin daarka oo ka hadla. Meesha nimankii reer Waqooyi ee Mogadishu meel ay jaan iyo cidhib dhigeen?

Galbeedi? miyaa ka dhuumatay tan?

Raggii turuqyoda adkaa, tunkoodu libaaxa ahaa

ma talaabo xumo ayaa badalshay?

galbeedi   

Suldaanka,

I was not hiding from the challenge we Somaliland unionists are facing. No doubt both this pictures show a thousand words of tribal hegemony both in the north and south, but let us discuss one at the time.

In Mogadishu, the Somaliland unionists are the most ignored and abused group of politicians . Of course they appoint one important minister among the 30 , and that is about it. You could not find any northern person in Villa-Somalia, the security agencies, police or in the military. Two weeks ago, the president appointed four important military, police and intelligence chiefs. The so called group of "D block and HAG", have divided among themselves. Those same groups have both the president and the prime minister, yet they added more.

On the other hand they claim that the Somali government is based on 4.5. If that is the case one of the security chiefs should have gone to the Northern groups, while the other should have been from Bay region. Their excuse is Somaliland is not here. Well, both Puntland, Galmudug and Jubba have their own parliament, military and government, so the idea that Somaliland want to separate should not deny the Somaliland unionists their rightful representation in the national government.

As long as these two groups dominate the national government, there will not be hope or real closer in Somalia. Deep down , I do believe that all this so called generals that are appointed are either old and obsolete or are not qualified to reform and build a credible force. The last military commander that was replaced was a former Somali special forces member (Danab), and he was from Sool, yet without even considering the job he preformed , he was just fired and replaced with a family member from the president.

The Gedo guys were famous in the eighties to promote generals without merit (way iska xidhan jireen xidigaha) and the HAG group under Shariif Ahmed broke all records. Young men who finished school in late nineties would go to Sudan, get some degree and start from colonel. General Muungaab was one of them. He started from colonel without going a military collage and became a military judge in 2010. Before he left office in 2012, Sariif Ahmed promoted him a general. He was one of 20 he appointed. Not only that, the USC made generals to people who were just law level officers before 1991. How can we expect these kind of people to lead the security apparatus.

Unless we the northern people step up to the plate there will never be a functioning Somali state. Most southerners elites do not even care about those unionists who are the most suffering people. We left our homes and communities for the larger goal of uniting the Somali people under the banner of brotherhood and unity, yet we have been watching for 25 years, the shenanigans of the southern elite. In order to reach that goal , we must defeat these two groups politically. Dalka uga carari mayno magudbayaal ina hor fadhiya 25 sano.

Having said that, what ever was left off the northern bureaucrats that left the south and established the governing system in Somaliland are no longer there.

Seven years of "Habro" led by a Siilaanyo had destroyed what Cigal, Rayaale and others have built. The Somaliland elite, whether they are ministers or party operatives, had became not only the most corrupt people, but they could be bought with few shillings. Tribalism, opportunism and corruption became the norm. Add that to the so called Suldaans who surpassed the politicians both in the media , politicking and extortion. If real change does not come to Somaliland, it could become worst than the south.

Having seen these Somaliland government members in action, I could no longer point the fingers to southern elites and politicians. The big deference is in Somaliland the people care about their future and their peace , despite the evil actions of the politicians. In Somaliland ,you will never see or hear a soldier robbing people or putting a road block to make money even if he were not paid. There is certain dignity that people hold up to.

Finally, we will keep these groups in Somaliland and in the South to be accountable. The time will come when the Somali people will rise up and punish both the HAG and D block for their crimes of corruption and power abuse.

Galbeedi,

I see the Somaliland Unionists as 3 separate groups, which are:

1. Those who want to see a united Somalia with a central government

2. Those who are opportunists and want to carve their own mini clanistan in Somaliland (i.e. Khaatumo, Awdal state, Maakhir etc).

3. Those who would like to see a North + South union where Somaliland remains united as a single administration but forms a union with a Federal South regions.

The proponents of the #1 group are folks of the name like Cismaan Kaluun, Late Nuur Faarax, Jaamac Yare (Jama Ghalib), Ina Samatar etc. This group by all intent and purposes have given up. They have seen the light of the day specially what is transpiring in South which gives them no hope.

The second group #2 were dealt with a severe blow when HSM delivered the death knell announcement that HirShabeelle was to become the seal and final administration for Southern Somalia. This particular realisation is what has driven Khaatumo leader Cali Khaliif Galaydh to finally accept unconditional talks with Somaliland. The view of the International Community is aligned with HSM and I do not see any changes from that path with Farmaajo's government. In fact, if you look at his meetings with the regional administration Farmaajo has done one better i.e. by not inviting the Deputy Prime Minister as HSM used to do.

Opportunists from Awdal diaspora which were making lots of noise during 2014/2015 have all but disappeared.

What you have now is a small group from the #3 option who are still clinging to that idea of re-union with Southern Somalia. A notion which is ever more remote today than it ever was.

All in all, it seems to me that the dawn has set upon the Unionists. Today's few activists have no platform, have no land, and most importantly may have lost the support of the few ears that used to listen to them.

They are excluded from the decision circles both in Somaliland and Somalia. They are no party to the would be talks between Hargeisa and Mogadishu.

My view is that the Unionists have failed because a) they were divided themselves, b) never had a clear message to sell their vision of "unity" and c) the clannish/divisive ones are more vocal among them.

So my question to you Galbeedi, given the above political environment of isolation and exclusion, what is the purpose for a Unionist these days? I am sure they are worth more than empty ceremonial ministerial positions.

As Southern Politicians form a unitary political system in which all Southern leaders come under their Federal Government in Mogadishu, what is the position of those hailing from Somaliland? Surely, the days of claiming representation of Somaliland people is long & gone. And specially when it comes to the 2020 elections which Southern Somalia is aiming to get one person one vote system going, the Unionists will be painted even more smaller corner to explain their existence.

Hadii aad rag kale dabo fadhiisanaysaan oo masiirkiini shilimo yar siisateen, miyaanay ahayn sida Ismaciil Samatar inaad candhuufta dib u liqdaan oo dadkiina baal ka raacdaan?

Waxaad Hargeysa ka wayday walee kama heli doontid Mogadishu. Danta dadka reer Somaliland waxay ku jirta ayago oo mid ah inay la xaajoodaan kuwa reer koonfurka ah sidii loo kala guranlahaa oo walaalo jaar ah loo noqon lahaa.

Anyway, I have made a copy before submitting it anyway...

----------

Galbeedi,

I see the Somaliland Unionists as 3 separate groups, which are:

1. Those who want to see a united Somalia with a central government

2. Those who are opportunists and want to carve their own mini clanistan in Somaliland (i.e. Khaatumo, Awdal state, Maakhir etc).

3. Those who would like to see a North + South union where Somaliland remains united as a single administration but forms a union with a Federal South regions.

The proponents of the #1 group are folks of the name like Cismaan Kaluun, Late Nuur Faarax, Jaamac Yare (Jama Ghalib), Ina Samatar etc. This group by all intent and purposes have given up. They have seen the light of the day specially what is transpiring in South which gives them no hope.

The second group #2 were dealt with a severe blow when HSM delivered the death knell announcement that HirShabeelle was to become the seal and final administration for Southern Somalia. This particular realisation is what has driven Khaatumo leader Cali Khaliif Galaydh to finally accept unconditional talks with Somaliland. The view of the International Community is aligned with HSM and I do not see any changes from that path with Farmaajo's government. In fact, if you look at his meetings with the regional administration Farmaajo has done one better i.e. by not inviting the Deputy Prime Minister as HSM used to do.

Opportunists from Awdal diaspora which were making lots of noise during 2014/2015 have all but disappeared.

What you have now is a small group from the #3 option who are still clinging to that idea of re-union with Southern Somalia. A notion which is ever more remote today than it ever was.

All in all, it seems to me that the dawn has set upon the Unionists. Today's few activists have no platform, have no land, and most importantly may have lost the support of the few ears that used to listen to them.

They are excluded from the decision circles both in Somaliland and Somalia. They are no party to the would be talks between Hargeisa and Mogadishu.

My view is that the Unionists have failed because a) they were divided themselves, b) never had a clear message to sell their vision of "unity" and c) the clannish/divisive ones are more vocal among them.

So my question to you Galbeedi, given the above political environment of isolation and exclusion, what is the purpose for a Unionist these days? I am sure they are worth more than empty ceremonial ministerial positions.

As Southern Politicians form a unitary political system in which all Southern leaders come under their Federal Government in Mogadishu, what is the position of those hailing from Somaliland? Surely, the days of claiming representation of Somaliland people is long & gone. And specially when it comes to the 2020 elections which Southern Somalia is aiming to get one person one vote system going, the Unionists will be painted even more smaller corner to explain their existence.

Hadii aad rag kale dabo fadhiisanaysaan oo masiirkiini shilimo yar siisateen, miyaanay ahayn sida Ismaciil Samatar inaad candhuufta dib u liqdaan oo dadkiina baal ka raacdaan?

Waxaad Hargeysa ka wayday walee kama heli doontid Mogadishu. Danta dadka reer Somaliland waxay ku jirta ayago oo mid ah inay la xaajoodaan kuwa reer koonfurka ah sidii loo kala guranlahaa oo walaalo jaar ah loo noqon lahaa.