Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A Dark Day for the Survival of Humanity

Recommended Posts

Apophis   

Blackflash;964594 wrote:
Of course sleeping with your own sex is abhorrent to you, just as it is to me, but what does gay sex have to do with marriage laws? Unless gays have a warped idea of what constitutes chastity, I don't see how this will have any impact on a gay person's sex life.

Marriage has always been the union of two people of opposite sex. To redifine it in such a fundamental way is to redifine what it is to be human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apophis, thanks for your timely support --today I am in short of support :D . And this of course will solidify our political alliance against the scofflaws of this forum.

 

NN, In my few posts (if you are an intent reader) are profound questions: if we go by mere individual rights or the sentiment of the masses how could we ever exist as a society with bedrock values? If tomorrow one million mothers and sons come out demanding the right to marry how could one object their demands on the basis of individual rights, equality and fairness? Better yet , if these mothers and their sons form a powerful political lobby group and use democratic means to achieve their aspirations , would that make it right?

 

It is one thing to say : hey xiin these are gaaloos, if you don't like what they do , go and live somewhere else. It is another to intellectualize a clear nonsense and argue the abhorrent acts of grown men F*ng each other and want to get a legal certificate for the sodomy.

 

So quoting the GALLUP poll is the stuff a conformist does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tallaabo;964596 wrote:
It is a proven fact that the biggest homophobes are usually closeted homosexuals themselves:eek:

Callin xiinfaniin a gay now, are we?

 

I think you took discussions in the politics section too far, just like a sister I know in these boards did. That is not healthy waryaa :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

Apophis;964601 wrote:
Marriage has always been the union of two people of opposite sex. To redifine it in such a fundamental way is to redifine what it is to be human.

Marriage is a religious institution and you have no business in the religious affairs of any faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

xiinfaniin;964602 wrote:
Apophis, thanks for your timely support --today I am in short of support
:D
. And this of course will solidify our political alliance against the scofflaws of this forum.

Indeed. We're like Stalin and Beria, weeding out the enemies of state :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Tallaabo;964606 wrote:
Marriage is a religious institution and you have no business in the religious affairs of any faith.

Marriage has nothing to do with religion; it has always been a state (society in the beginning) sponsored institution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

Apophis;964610 wrote:
Marriage has nothing to do with religion; it has always been a state (society in the beginning) sponsored institution.

You can't change history with your mere words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apophis;964601 wrote:
Marriage has always been the union of two people of opposite sex. To redifine it in such a fundamental way is to redifine what it is to be human.

If your talking about the natural benefits that come with long term cohabitation, why define marriage to begin with? The ceremonies themselves have no tangible effects. The breakdown of the nuclear family in the west came long before any gay had the gall to pursue marriage equality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haatu   

You know this reminds me of something I heard the other day. Apparently there's a gay Somali MP. How could this be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

Haatu;964618 wrote:
You know this reminds me of something I heard the other day. Apparently there's a gay Somali MP. How could this be?

We should have more of them;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xiinfaniin;964602 wrote:

 

NN, In my few posts (if you are an intent reader) are profound questions: if we go by mere individual rights or the sentiment of the masses how could we ever exist as a society with bedrock values? If tomorrow one million mothers and sons come out demanding the right to marry how could one object their demands on the basis of individual rights, equality and fairness? Better yet , if these mothers and their sons form a powerful political lobby group and use democratic means to achieve their aspirations , would that make it right?

 

It is one thing to say : hey xiin these are gaaloos, if you don't like what they do , go and live somewhere else. It is another to intellectualize a clear nonsense and argue the abhorrent acts of grown men F*ng each other and want to get a legal certificate for the sodomy.

 

So quoting the GALLUP poll is the stuff a conformist do

One you confused me, I thought you were saying that you believed in personal freedom of gays like all other people but that you had issue with the institution marriage blah blah. lol, that would have made more sense, but what read now makes less sense. Gay rights is a train that has left the building a long time ago.

 

am really not seeing the conflict between individual rights and bedrock values, perhaps am not grasping what you mean by bedrock values. as I take it to mean, individual rights ARE the bedrock values of this country, that none sense in the constitution about inalienable rights! as for the masses and their demands, we live in a country, a democracy where the will of those masses is above all, except where it does not conflict with individual rights. So if the majority of the country decides tomorrow they want mothers and sons (completely wrong analogy btw, relation, no relation.) to marry, you dam* straight you will accept it because that is what people in the country live in want. No about what grown adults do in their homes is no ones business but them and their maker. I have no right to invade your privacy Xiin, because I think eating with your hands morally repugnant. Whats more offensive is the idea that you believe you are entitled to impose your ideas of morality and your own values. FYI I stay clear of words gaalo and calling people ajnabi in their own country lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

warsamaale;964615 wrote:
so the state has decided to summarily change it. what can you do about it ?:cool:

The state is there to protect not to change fundamental aspects of the social contract.

 

Blackflash;964616 wrote:
If your talking about the natural benefits that come with long term cohabitation, why define marriage to begin with? The ceremonies themselves have no tangible effects. The breakdown of the nuclear family in the west came long before any gay had the gall to pursue marriage equality.

Early man defined marriage and thus it's not something modernly defined. And I would argue the ceremony has a huge effects. And the so called “breakdown" of traditional family is a red herring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where you people live but there is actually two parts two a marriage. One you go to your musque, church, temple and perform what ever ceremony you like. The other, you go in from of a judge. religious and civil. Marriage started of as a civil act for taxation purposes and the religious aspects were added later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this