Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

NYPD Commissioner: African Americans are being understopped

Blackflash;945437 wrote:
Nope. Brampton has by far the highest petty crime rates out of any city in the GTA. Also, the neighborhood I live in has 6-7 shootings in an average year with 2-3 resulting in deaths. Heck, my little brother and several dozen teens had to witness a homicide at the rec centre two years ago.

Don't let the relative low crime rate of Peel region fool you. I'll look for an article I read in the past which had the disaggregated crime rates all 3 Peel Municipalities. If I remember correctly, Brampton accounted for a disproportionate amount of crime in the region.

"Out of any region in the GTA"

Bro, Toronto has the type of crime rate that would make the Mayor of any American city absolutely ecstatic. Brampton has "2-3 deaths" in an entire YEAR. Toronto has roughly 80 homicides, whereas Chicago has over 500 homicides even though both cities are the same size.

You don't live in the United States, you haven't seen the types of people that exist here. The types of crime we have here. Any visit to a city like Chicago or Detroit would totally flip your entire opinion and you'll realize that most of these violent crimes are committed by these types of men. Young black men who feel like they have something to prove.

This is a fact, and I'm honest enough to admit it even though I myself am a young Black man.

DoctorKenney;945493 wrote:
"Out of any region in the GTA"

Bro, Toronto has the type of crime rate that would make the Mayor of any American city absolutely ecstatic. Brampton has "2-3 deaths" in an entire YEAR. Toronto has roughly 80 homicides, whereas Chicago has over 500 homicides even though both cities are the same size.

You don't live in the United States, you haven't seen the types of people that exist here. The types of crime we have here. Any visit to a city like Chicago or Detroit would totally flip your entire opinion and you'll realize that most of these violent crimes are committed by these types of men. Young black men who feel like they have something to prove.

This is a fact, and I'm honest enough to admit it even though I myself am a young Black man.

My apologies. I misunderstood the context of your post. The motivation behind that reply was to show that Brampton has similar if not higher rates of crime in comparison to Toronto and how forthcoming/trusting their respective constituents are during investigations.

I know about the vast disparities between American and Canadian crime rates. I remember conducting research on homicide rates of major North American cities for a high school project and being shocked at the war-zone-like figures of cities like Detroit and Chicago. Even your safer cities (Seattle, San Diego, Boston etc.) would be considered hell-holes in Canada.

P.S Toronto had 54 homicides last year, not roughly 80:p

Blackflash;945494 wrote:
My apologies. I misunderstood the context of your post. The motivation behind that reply was to show that Brampton has similar if not higher rates of crime in comparison to Toronto and how forthcoming/trusting their respective constituents are during investigations.

I know about the vast disparities between American and Canadian crime rates. I remember conducting research on homicide rates of major North American cities for a high school project and being shocked at the war-zone-like figures of cities like Detroit and Chicago. Even your safer cities (Seattle, San Diego, Boston etc.) would be considered hell-holes in Canada.

P.S Toronto had 54 homicides last year, not roughly 80:p

Its incredible to me how low the crime rates are in Toronto. Even cities such as Edmonton have a low crime rate compared to some American cities. Its a war-zone and I honestly don't know of any solution to keep this problem in check. Everything Safferz proposes is long-term solutions to present problems.

Some of these inner-city thugs really do need to be locked up and done away with. They make life unbearable for the rest of the population.

Living in Toronto is a blessing, that's for sure.

Safferz   

You haven't responded to my point that everything you've said in this thread is premised on your assumption that New York City has high crime rates and that stop and frisk is effective, both of which are false.

If the stop & frisk procedures are ineffective as you say, then I take back everything I said about advocating it. But something definitely needs to be done. The crime rates are not "low" and we need short-term solutions as well as long-term.

Safferz   

DoctorKenney;945515 wrote:
If the stop & frisk procedures are ineffective as you say, then I take back everything I said about advocating it. But something definitely needs to be done. The crime rates are not "low" and we need short-term solutions as well as long-term.

NYC has a low crime rate, one of the lowest out of the major US cities (and so does LA, which you brought up earlier as an example of a high crime rate). And no one is disagreeing with the need for solutions, but racial profiling everyday people and infringing on their civil liberties is not one of them.

^^Yeah, crime fell in NYC because of Guiliani's get tough policies, effective preventive measures. Everyone called Guillliani a racist back then, but his record prove itself.

xabad   

Racial profiling works, safferz, but obviously in your liberal namby bamby world we should cajole shiftless, irresponsible, thuggish cayaala suuq and not profile them. you would probably even give them state handouts somaha. unbelievable.

Safferz   

AfricaOwn;945532 wrote:
^^Yeah, crime fell in NYC because of Guiliani's get tough policies, effective preventive measures. Everyone called Guillliani a racist back then, but his record prove itself.

Also false, there are economists and other researchers who have shown that the role of policing in that drop in crime is negligible. Crime rates dropped across the United States over that period.

Safferz   

xabad;945566 wrote:
Racial profiling works, safferz, but obviously in your liberal namby bamby world we should cajole shiftless, irresponsible, thuggish cayaala suuq and not profile them. you would probably even give them state handouts somaha. unbelievable.

Well, good to see your racism stays consistent across threads, I guess.

Sensei   

Chimera;945392 wrote:
Just tired of having to play bodyguard for my female relatives and their kids who just want to play in the park or shop in peace without these weed clowns stinking up the place. I'm extremely biased, so don't expect objectivity from me, I have no sympathy for them, be they Somali or non-Somali. Thugs are despicable creatures. These are nice neighbourhoods and areas being ruined by groups that dress like the men in that video.

I think more patrols around those areas would be a great deterrent.

Point well taken, but not all black and Latino youth are "weed clowns" or thugs. Stop & frisk is another term for racial profiling, more innocents are frisked than actual criminals. The District, not too long ago, stopped a similar practice after a study suggested there were no real benefits.