Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

NYPD Commissioner: African Americans are being understopped

Wadani;945444 wrote:
This has always been a tactic employed by the dominant power structure. It's akin to the ethiopians use of liyuu booliis in kilinka. A soldier/cop outside the power framework will work tens times as hard and be ten times as brutal to his own people to please his masters, who smugly look on from afar.

I wouldn't call it a "racial profiling", but rather a realistic profiling. Those dudes (latino's and blacks) are targeted because they choose to dress in certain ways, you don't get picked on if you're dressed accordingly. In order to stop crime in trouble areas you have to take precautionary measures....only hippies cry about racial profiling.

some of you guys understand you are the target right? Young black male, thankfully i've never experienced this treatment in my brief visits to new york but I think there is something particularly crazy, unlike the rest of the country in the way police treat young people of color

Chimera   

SomaliPhilosopher;945433 wrote:
Chimera you remind me of Friedrich's
Wanderer above the Sea of Fog
painting. Similar to the man depicted in the painting, you strike me as a man who stands upon a mountain, elevated if you will, which explains your utopian outlook. Your position from the mountain allows you to view life from afar, distanced. Close enough to see the beauty of a cougars face but far enough to not notice the wrinkles. Most importantly what elevates you to this mountain is your egocentrism exempli gratia "those thugs vs little old respectful me". iska xishod ninyahow. humble yourself.

I get it sxb, you feel threatened by my presence, like a beta-male would to an Alpha, You like Safferz in a certain way, and I get that too, hence the futile attempt at a character assassination, but the reference to me being on a distant mountain is quite ironic, and non-applicable. I wanted to character-assassinate you in return, but I really don't know you as a member, never truly read your posts, nor felt the need.

Chimera   

Safferz;945446 wrote:
You brought up the fact that people of colour make up a large proportion of the prison population to justify why they should be profiled on the street by police, and I qualified that by pointing out what you're advocating here - the presupposition of criminality purely on the basis of a person's blackness - is precisely why large numbers of black men are incarcerated. I encourage you to pick up the book I linked to about the US justice system and mass incarceration for a fuller picture, but in short if you are a black person you are more likely to be a victim of police harassment and brutality, more likely to face charges for what young white men get a slap on the wrist or warning for, more likely to be convicted for the same crime as a white person, more likely to receive a harsher and longer sentence than a white person, and more likely to face the death penalty for the same crimes as a white person. I'm just not sure how you don't see the implications of stop and frisk within this wider context of race, policing and incarceration.

Truthfully, my 15 minutes of interest in this subject has expired. Let me exit amicably now, before some of the resident Somali Knights challenge me for a duel that I will surely lose.

Puppy love is deadly.

Chimera;945419 wrote:

While you feel sorry for grown men that were slapped on the wrists, you forget the elderly, women, children and
other men
, who are plagued by thugs and 'wannabes' in their neighbourhoods. These stops and frisks induce a healthy dose of fear for the law.

It's often the geeks from the suburbs that talk all that nonsense about "don't profile the thugs". Tell them to talk to the women, children and the elderly that are witnessing all these BS and live in the hood.

Safferz   

Chimera;945453 wrote:
I get it sxb, you feel threatened by my presence, like a beta-male would to an Alpha, You like Safferz in a certain way, and I get that too, hence the futile attempt at a character assassination, but the reference to me being on a distant mountain is quite ironic, and non-applicable. I wanted to character-assassinate you in return, but I really don't know you as a member, never truly read your posts, nor felt the need.

You killed the thread by getting all serious, Chimera lol. I don't think SP was trying to be malicious.

Chimera   

Safferz;945462 wrote:
You killed the thread by getting all serious, Chimera lol. I don't think SP was trying to be malicious.

He likes you, I don't care, why he sees me as a threat, I don't know. However, his point on me seeing things from afar was insulting, when I and friends of mine had several close calls with these thugs who "search and steal/rape". Its not a laughing matter. The strong presence of police has definitely turned things for the better here.

Safferz   

I think the "seeing things from afar" idealism comment was a direct response to the positions you've expressed in this thread and has nothing to do with me. I'm inclined to agree that your views on stop and frisk are problematic and not held up by the evidence, but I won't get into that again since you've said you're not interested in the topic anymore.

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;945468 wrote:
I mean no harm
:P
. I am a nice guy
;)

lol I know you mean no harm, but Chimera is offended and I feel bad dee :(

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;945469 wrote:
Btw I am afraid
my
Safferz
psychotic obsession
is over. She is all yous Chi. The dhusamareb girl has really grown on me.

:D

Well, thanks for the the character witness. you have tranquilized a potentially messy situation. Maybe as assurance I can call the qalbi police so they can frisk my soul for bad intentions^1 :o ?

Safferz, on a high horse eh? have you joined Chimera on the mountain^2.

Bibliography

1. innocent joke made by SP 5/2/2013

2. Second innocent joke made by SP 5/2/2013

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;945474 wrote:
Well, thanks for the the character witness. you have tranquilized a potentially messy situation. Maybe as assurance I can call the qalbi police so they can frisk my soul for bad intentions^1
:o
?

Safferz, on a high horse eh? have you joined Chimera on the mountain^2.

Bibliography

1. innocent joke made by SP 5/2/2013

2. Second innocent joke made by SP 5/2/2013

I am just trying to maintain the peace in what is a *very* delicate SOL love rectangle (pentagon?) :P