Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Caruurti daqanceliska hargeysa wa waleen

Blessed   

* cringe* I had to put it on silent after 20 seconds, so crass and pointless which is a shame because they do have some 'talent'.

Tallaabo   

I think these boys are no different to those who lived in Somaliland all their lives and spout obscene language on daily basis. These boys are only doing it more artistically:cool:

STOIC   

This reeks of foreign imported daqaan and offensive language.By not denying the artistic and musical merit of hiphop I still believe the curse words and the way hip hop artistic carries themselves has a lot to desire for..I will give credit for the nice camera they used here and at least this shows some sort of normal life in Hargeisa...

Daqane   

I felt my skin tingling with shame and disgust....there is no talent on display here just rhyming around a pre set beat, yaa raabi I thought that the daqan celis have manners when among their kinsfolk hitting the club with hennesy kulaha were among the sand dunes or in the caves of laas geel just a royal WTF ayaa iga soo haadey...

Jacpher   

Oodweyne;939131 wrote:
I do not know about you, guys, but these kids give me a distinct knot in my stomach. After all, these are our future intellectual titans. And by the sound of it, these kids are really not going to be savoir of their country.

That is why I would really advise any Qurbaawi-based Family to send their sons back home - to Somaliland - when they reach in 10 years in age, and then when they finish their secondary schools back home, then bring them to UK/West so that they can do their universities. For, I tell you our boys are really loosing the battle of the future, but the girls are OK.

This is true. People need to realize taking your kids at a younger age, less than 10 years old gives them a better chance and opportunity of adapting to the country, life and learning the culture, tradition and language. By the time they reach high school or college age, they'll do better than if they were taken back in their late teens or twenties. Many in their late teen and 20s that were returned wayba la qabsan waayeeen, forcing their parents to leave them. You are right my friend, we are losing the boys. Alxamdulilaah, the girls are in a much better position.

Sensei   

You cant place your kids in the worst school system a city has to offer, house your family in a semi ghetto dwelling and cry foul later. Take your kids out to the suburbs and place them in the best possible schools you can, and chances are very high that they will take take the traditional route to success. As for the brothers above, I think they have made name for themselves. Let us not pretend that they have enjoyed access to good housing and schools. What you see above is a reflection of their learning in Toronto. War bravo dheh!

P.S. I did not mute, listened to it thoroughly.

Sensei;939244 wrote:
You cant place your kids in the worst school system a city has to offer, house your family in a semi ghetto dwelling and cry foul later. Take your kids out to the suburbs and place them in the best possible schools you can, and chances are very high that they will take take the traditional route to success. As for the brothers above, I think they have made name for themselves. Let us not pretend that they have enjoyed access to good housing and schools. What you see above is a reflection of their learning in Toronto. War bravo dheh!

P.S. I did not mute, listened to it thoroughly.

+1000 on Somalis trying to nickle and dime the future of their children and complaining later that their children have absorbed the culture that surrounds them. On the other hand, they kids are not bad at all, they have two chains and trinidad james for god sake.