Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Somali women and the reverts

Juxa   

Cambuulo for her to marry so soon it means markii horeba meel dheer kama joogin sheekada.

Mid kheyr qabta baad heli ee move on! My ayeeyo used to say if a woman loves you derinta/ prayer matka bey kula seexan

Reverts must be personal choice or alternative life style. I doubt marrying non-Somali is money motivated.

If a Somali woman wants to marry a revert, by all means....do whatever makes you happy.

But to set different standards for Somali men and reverts is disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful.

How can you expect so much from a Somali man yet expect so little from a revert? Men are men. It's a bad idea to start putting men (or women for that matter) on a pedestal simply because they come from a different race. A 20k wedding from a Farax but a 5k wedding from a revert. It seems like this woman has an inferiority complex.

DoctorKenney;934613 wrote:

But to set different standards for Somali men and reverts is disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful.

who are you impressing with this politically correct rant, inaar? :confused:

Wadani   

DoctorKenney;934613 wrote:
If a Somali woman wants to marry a revert, by all means....do whatever makes you happy.

How can you expect so much from a Somali man yet expect so little from a revert? Men are men. It's a bad idea to start putting men (or women for that matter) on a pedestal simply because they come from a different race. A 20k wedding from a Farax but a 5k wedding from a revert.
It seems like this woman has an inferiority complex

And that's precisely the problem. A lot of young woman hate being Somali and everything associated with it as a result of the civil war and the condition of Somalis in the qurbaha.

chubacka   

Would it hurt less if she married another Somali brother for less money? Maybe they just gelled better and she was more comfortable with this revert. Perhaps the girl did not feel that secure in the relationship as she would just tell her family that you could not afford such a large amount.

I really don't like revert bashing, they have enough to deal with adopting a new faith and lifestyle, we should be welcoming into the ummah and if they were destined to marry a Somali sister, what's the big deal?

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;934588 wrote:
research has shown that somali/revert marriages proportionally have higher incidences of domestic violence than a somali marriages.

Sources please.

Wadani;934620 wrote:
And that's precisely the problem. A lot of young woman hate being Somali and everything associated with it as a result of the civil war and the condition of Somalis in the qurbaha.

Yes I understand that as well. Many of these Somalis (men or women) who rush to marry reverts without giving it serious thought end up being badly burned. If these Somalis realized that, we wouldn't have this problem. Marry whoever you want, just don't make yourself look cheap in the process of doing it

Alpha Blondy;934619 wrote:
who are you impressing with this politically correct rant, inaar? :confused:

If it wasn't for the Moderators, I would curse you out.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;934669 wrote:
its based on anecdotal quantitative research methodology.

I'm rolling right now lmao. Say what now?

raula   

Alpha Blondy;934571 wrote:
.......419 scam ex-convict nigerian akhi who found god. ......

:D :D

lol@Juxa..I too is too old for this SH!T (been dying to use this word sometimes....aarrrrrgggghhhh..then breaths...don't do it).

Cambuulo iyo Bun-bro..gabdho mansha-allah wey buxaan. As sensei & other said..take time to heal & you'll find your true one IA. Don't let the past judge the future, be cautious but don't let it hang over your head otherwise you won't move on, its life. IA all the best.

raula   

Apophis, simply-U give, I take :D that's how it is & if you aint ready for that..Don't think of flirting w/any somali girls :D

Somaliphilsopher..like we aint EXOTIC enough :D

Coofle   

She was not your calaf sxb...

People Marriage knows no boundaries especially in this cosmopolitan world,,but there is a rule, Waligaa nin gabadh kaa soo doonto si dhibyar looma celiyo...Nabsi waaye.