Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somaliland :Abaarso’s Mubarik Mohamoud Accepted to MIT, Top Engineering University

Saalax   

7tsbsgA.jpg

Mubarik Mohamoud, 4th year student at the Abaarso School of Science and Technology, has just received a letter of acceptance from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, better known at MIT. US News recently ranked MIT as the top undergraduate engineering school, and the second best undergraduate business school, in America.

Mubarik makes the 5th Abaarso School student admitted to US universities out of this 1st Abaarso School graduating class. This is in addition to the 5 Abaarso students from this graduating class who are already studying in America and 1 in South Africa. It is expected that several more students from this inaugural graduating class will receive international scholarships before this year is finished.

Jonathan Starr, Abaarso School’s Headmaster, said “We are always excited when our students receive scholarships to internationally respected institutions, but what is there to say about Mubarik’s acceptance to what many regard as the top engineering university in the world? Even for this war-torn country, this young man came from the most humble of backgrounds; his accomplishments to date are simply extraordinary. He is setting the bar high for all the students and teachers who will come to Abaarso School after him.”

Harry Lee, Abaarso School’s Assistant Headmaster added, “Mubarik’s offer of admission to MIT proves that Abaarso students willing to work hard enough and demonstrate excellent character can gain access to the best opportunities in the world.”

Mubarik Mohamoud said, “It is a dream come true to get accepted to MIT, which takes the world’s best students. Being invited to the same stage as the top American, Chinese and Thai scholars makes me feel proud of my Abaarso School and myself. No matter which university I end up at, the future is promising and I cannot wait to start my college career.”

Mubarik is still waiting to hear from other top American universities after which he will make his decision as to which one he would like to attend.

Somalia   

Alpha Blondy;927971 wrote:
where is africanown so he could ruin this wonderful news?

Your hatred for the Lion of the East is seething through your comment. We have seen your work in action as you front the reer baadiyo clan to the top seat in order to act as a Illuminati-like clan, fronting whichever clan you want while meeting in Mansoor Hotel.

However, the lion has seen through this, thus your utter despise for his existence is seen. There's only 1 King in the Animal Kingdom, and he will prevail.

Somalia;928003 wrote:
Your hatred for the
Lion of the East
is seething through your comment. We have seen your work in action as you front the reer baadiyo clan to the top seat in order to act as a Illuminati-like clan, fronting whichever clan you want while meeting in Mansoor Hotel.

However, the lion has seen through this, thus your utter despise for his existence is seen. There's only 1 King in the Animal Kingdom, and he will prevail.

these are internal SL political issues, you instigator. why MUST you always make unnecessary comments where your opinions are NOT warranted.

NGONGE   

Alpha Blondy;927971 wrote:
where is africanown so he could ruin this wonderful news?

On his way to MIT by the sound of things. :D

Somalia   

Alpha Blondy;928007 wrote:
these are internal SL political issues, you instigator. why MUST you always make unnecessary comments where your opinions are NOT warranted.

Maybe you don't know me, my voice will and must be heard throughout all Somali lands as far as Oromia and/or Afar border, that means Somaliland as well.

As for the topic, mashallah, good luck to the kid. End.

Somalia;928044 wrote:
Maybe you don't know me, my voice will and must be heard throughout all Somali lands as far as Oromia and/or Afar border, that means Somaliland as well.

oo waayoo MUST your voice be heard throughout all Somali lands....do you know something we don't inaar? :D

Jonathan Starr for the 2013 CNN hero award - I know many will nominate him for his dedication. Awesome news for everyone involved - The school Admin, The students, Parents, and for Somaliland.