Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

Recent Happenings in Kismayo

1- Two TFG soldiers (militias falling under TFG-nominal command) were killed by unknown assailants in Kismayo today. This contributes to rising tensions within the town.

2- The Kismayo 'shir' has yet to be re-opened. The organizing committee announced on Friday that the meeting would be recessed for two days, and then reopened on Monday. But thus far, the 'shir' failed to resume today(Monday).

In summary, it seems the Mogadishu FG is playing an effective game against the Jubbaland project through diplomatic pressure (using the IC community in Nairobi).

Another possibility is: the Kismayo project is so dependent on its Kenyan godfathers that no moves can be made when Kenyan bandwidth is busy with the Kenyan elections. The fact that the 'shir' is recessed for Saturdays and Sundays(usual Christian society holidays) telegraphs the controlling levers of the project.

The Zack   

As a secessionist, you seem to be over-interested and excited about Jubbaland stuff. Do you also follow what is hapenning in the Rift Valley region of Keny?

nuune   

Mintid Farayar;923778 wrote:
The fact that the 'shir' is recessed for
Saturdays and Sundays(usual Christian society holidays)
telegraphs the controlling levers of the project.

The conference took place on Saturday, and important points were discussed such as awood qeebsiga and ergo qeebsiga, and how many ergo would each gobol and tribe would have, all these were discussed on Saturday's conference, as for Sunday, I haven't received any updates, let me talk to my rooxaanteyda bal.

The Zack   

It occured on Sunday too. Maamulkii baa wareejiyay xilka oo ku wareejiyay odayaasha gobolka si ay doorasha xalaal ah u dhacdo.

nuune   

Fiiladeydu si bey kolkaa iligu uga siibmey, bal aan juqeeyo si aan u hubsado in Sunday wax dhaceen, yaa xilka wareejiyey, heard Madoobe ayaa xilka wareejiyey, si that true or is that what you mean!

nuune;923801 wrote:
The conference took place on Saturday, and important points were discussed such as awood qeebsiga and ergo qeebsiga, and how many ergo would each gobol and tribe would have, all these were discussed on Saturday's conference, as for Sunday, I haven't received any updates, let me talk to my rooxaanteyda bal.

Could you confirm that the Conference did proceed on Saturday/Sunday? The major Mogadishu portals are reporting 'wey fasaxnaayeen' during those days. As well as today...

Zack,

Sxb, it's an interesting episode(the Jubbaland issue) that can have wide-reaching ramifications on the whole peninsula.

But don't worry.... We don't currently have a horse in the game ;)

Haatu   

Mintid you're such a miskiin. You're honestly relying on Mogadishu portals to inform you of the conference? Go back to the guesswork sxb :D

Nuune,

Macno Yare updates buu rabaa ee ma siinnaa :D

1- 30 Elders were appointed . 8 from Gedo, 8 frow Middle Jubba and 14 from Kismayo. (DONE) They allocate the constituency assembly (In progress)

2- Each local Isim will provide for what his clan is allocated for (depends on 1)

3- The constituency assembly will convene and adopt Jubbaland charter (depends on 2)

That is for you Mintid Yare...

xiinfaniin;923875 wrote:
Nuune,

Macno Yare updates buu rabaa ee ma siinnaa
:D

1- 30 Elders were appointed . 8 from Gedo, 8 frow Middle Jubba and 14 from Kismayo. (DONE) They allocate the constituency assembly (In progress)

2- Each local Isim will provide for what his clan is allocated for (depends on 1)

3- The constituency assembly will convene and adopt Jubbaland charter (depends on 2)

That is for you Mintid Yare...

Guusha Yaa leh!? Jubbaland!!, Dhulka yaa leh!? Reer Jubbaland!! Cirka yaa leh!? Ilaahay

tumblr_lyrro3TvbF1r9v3eso1_500.gif

nuune   

Xiin, thanks for the update, haduu qancey sxbkeen, and don't forget the maamulka ku meel gaarka ah handed over the power to the mentioned odayaals and ismis as Zack said, so no more Madoobe ayaa meesha heesto iyo wixii kaloo meelaha la wadey.

Mintid, I don't have Mogadishu Portals to support my claim, wa ku kaa dee, I get live feeds from people there sometimes.

Mintid Farayar;923778 wrote:
Another possibility is: the Kismayo project is so dependent on its Kenyan godfathers that no moves can be made when Kenyan bandwidth is busy with the Kenyan elections. The fact that the 'shir' is recessed for Saturdays and Sundays(usual Christian society holidays) telegraphs the
controlling levers
of the project.

Could this be the passage that's got my fellow posters in a fit? Xaal qaata ;)

However, history will have you know: Somalis don't take too well to those riding in on the back of an African/Foreign tank.... we all know where the last one ended up!.

I'm just saying....

Now if you were to be generous and update us;) , I expected better than the 'press release' of 8 Odeys being picked, etc., - created solely for 'feel-good' clan zealots....

So give us the real scoop!

P.S. The bit about the 'shir' being adjourned was from Hiiraan Online. If they're wrong, please enlighten us with proof more weighty than 'I heard it from my grandmother's third cousin removed, etc.'

I'm just saying....

The Zack;923797 wrote:
As a secessionist, you seem to be over-interested and excited about Jubbaland stuff. Do you also follow what is hapenning in the Rift Valley region of Keny?

LOL@ over-interested and excited

Zack ku durduri

Apophis;923955 wrote:
Hiiraan also use the same proof you're rejecting. Only difference is the Hiiran's grand'mas third cousin source is a HAG living in Mogadishu and the other is actually in Kismaayo. Check mate hater.

Fair enough about Hiiraan's sources...

Careful not to fall into Xiin's emotional outbursts. It's simply an exchange of viewpoints across cyber keyboards....

But let me warn your side (since I don't have a horse in the game..LOL), Hassan Sheikh will be bringing overwhelming diplomatic pressure in the next few weeks(primarily Western, without going into specific details). After the Kenyan elections, this pressure will be brought to bear on the Kenyan gov't.

Make sure you have your grassroots elders solidly in one camp b/c there will be attempts to pick off key stakeholders.

Just don't say I didn't warn you.... Was feeling generous again ;)