Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Buuq iyo Sawaxan

Allah knows I love my people. But I get a headache, whenever attend an event organised by them, with the exception of few - these events are characterised by an ever reoccurring features:

1. The noise levels and the late starts

2. Unnecessarily long speeches

3. Q&A sessions always descent into lectures with no question in sight – until the end – and always multiple unrelated questions

4. The claptrap clapping – dhabaq, dhabaq; as if thought in ay canjeero/laxoox qasayaan

5. The need to tell others off in disruptive way

6. Repetition, Repetition, Repetition, Reiteration, Reiteration ,,,,,,,,,, (you get the point)

7. The long introductions, salutations, appreciation of event organiser s etc etc etc ...

8. The guy who stands up and says ‘wax walbo aan dhihi lahaa waxaa dhahay walaalkay’ only to continue ‘balse waxaan ku dari lahaa’ – I feel like screaming – sit down and shut the .... (but I take my own advice :D)

9. Dad ku dhex shiraaya shirka dhexdiisa

10. Constant coming and going whilst the event is still on.

Enough rant – I feel better. – Please when you organise an event for Somalis bring up these issues and tell the people – We don’t want that.

Haatu   

Wax walbo aan dhihi lahaa waxaa dhahey walaalkey, balse waxaan ku dari lahaa, I actually like the unison clapping :D

Jacpher   

Do yourself a favor and don't bother going next time. Every large meeting has intros, long speeches, people coming late, people talking in the back or front, speakers repeating the same point over to emphasize the take home message out of the meeting. And it ain't a locked up cell so others can go back and forth as they please.

Maaddeey   

Sayid, shirkaas maba loo baahno waaye marka hore, ee waa la isku qasbay, dadka gooni u shiraayona waa dad aan dhowaanahaan is arkin oo ka faa'iideysanaya.

wyre   

Sayidka waxaas dhan wuxuu ola dan leeyahay Shirka alpha ee meeluu kasocdo iyo meeluu usocdo la aqoon :D

Sayid*Somal;918309 wrote:
Allah knows I love my people. But I get a headache, whenever attend an event organised by them, with the exception of few - these events are characterised by an ever reoccurring features:

1. The noise levels and the late starts

2. Unnecessarily long speeches

3. Q&A sessions always descent into lectures with no question in sight – until the end – and always multiple unrelated questions

4. The claptrap clapping – dhabaq, dhabaq; as if thought in ay canjeero/laxoox qasayaan

5. The need to tell others off in disruptive way

6. Repetition, Repetition, Repetition, Reiteration, Reiteration ,,,,,,,,,, (you get the point)

7. The long introductions, salutations, appreciation of event organiser s etc etc etc ...

8. The guy who stands up and says ‘wax walbo aan dhihi lahaa waxaa dhahay walaalkay’ only to continue ‘balse waxaan ku dari lahaa’ – I feel like screaming – sit down and shut the .... (but I take my own advice
:D
)

9. Dad ku dhex shiraaya shirka dhexdiisa

10. Constant coming and going whilst the event is still on.

Enough rant – I feel better. – Please when you organise an event for Somalis bring up these issues and tell the people – We don’t want that.

tell me about it....

as the on-going shirweyne in SOL, will attest to, all those things and more have occurred. somalis will be somalis eh? :P

I honestly didn't get what dumaashi and abu-salman are talking about :D

Jacpher - Waxaan u malaynayaa in aad iska heshay waxyaalahan qoray. :D - but jokes aside - These things i described are counter productive to being efficient and productive people and actually people benefiting from these events/meetings.

Blessed - I agree with you it is dhaqan xumo and one of the ways to eradicate that dhaqan xumo is for organisers to perhaps mention these are bad practises and people should make effort to avoid them.

nuune   

How come no one told me about this event today yaa Sayidka, am at Birmingham, maxaa tiri STUDENTS aa, acuudkoow kuma jiro mugaas