Am I Normal? What's Normal Anyway?

I don't smoke.

I don't drink alcohol.

I don't eat Khat.

I don't waste time.

I am intense and focused...

Even in the loo...

My friends think am weird.

They think "every normal man should have a balwad".

The only "balwad" I can think of is my love for music...

and an occasional roving eye, a soft spot for beautiful women...

sometimes gushingly so, I can easily tell a beautiful woman,

"Oh my; you ARE gorgeous" and look at her all day like a silly puppy...

QansaxMeygaag;916684 wrote:
I smoke.

I drink alcohol.

I eat Khat.

I waste time.

I am intensely lacking focus...

Even in the loo...i piss standing up

My friends think am weird....and they are right

They think "every normal man should perform a bowcat".

The best"balwad" I can think of is my love for music...

and an occasional roving eye, a soft spot for beautiful women...

sometimes gushingly so, I can easily tell a beautiful woman,

"Oh my; you ARE gorgeous" and look at her all day like a silly puppy...

+100

you're normal.

I forgot my other balwad, short stories.....

Remember this one?

Should I continue this short story...

She stood there, in all her glory. Full sensuous lips, full figure, tall, dark, hair reaching up to the small of her back, teeth as white as fresh milk against dark gums; the quintessential picture of a true African Queen. Except for one small detail; she was a lady of the night.

She blinked twice and sauntered into the dark alleyway where the red tail lights of a waiting car blinked. Perhaps a client? I was soon startled out of my mind's wanderings by the hooting from the next car. I had stopped in traffic to stare at her as I waited for the lights to change, but completely forgot.

Why are you staring at the Cabiid, my companion asked, Cabiid being the derogatory word Somalis use to refer to other Africans with "coarser hair". Out of a strong sense of racial pride, most Somalis regard themselves as a race unto their own; neither black African, nor Arab, no Caucasian.

We went into the usual routine of me standing up for the Cabiid and of her into her righteous indignation that I should countenance the fact that we were all African, whichever way you sliced it. I went into the usual anecdote of how in the Qurbaha nobody cared for my Somaliness; the white woman across the street always saw me as a black man, out of instinct, the white woman would invariably clutch her bag tighter on my appearance.

For some reason, this particular anecdote seemed to have a more reassuring effect on her today than usual. I wondered why...

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/69589-Should-I-continue-this-short-story...?highlight=short+story

QansaxMeygaag;916690 wrote:
Then why do they make fun of me? They say "oi, here comes the Bishop"!

maybe your friends are bad? i don't know. don't worry too much about what people say. they're bound to say negative things regardless.

QansaxMeygaag;916690 wrote:
Then why do they make fun of me? They say "oi, here comes the Bishop"!

They are just taking the mick, its no biggie. And perhaps they are subconsciously expressing that they would feel less bad about their "balwad" if you (to your own detriment) partook in it with them or also had a balwad. Peer pressure. Misery loves company.

xabad   

a bit melodramatic, qansax, all people on here, the majority fit your bill. just be easy, we are all in this together.

Jacpher   

What you listed above is what you don't do in public. To answer the question, infoormeyshan kala dhiman baan noo sheegtay.

Apophis;916714 wrote:
Your friends obviously don't want to hurt your feelings so that's why they've told you this white lie i.e "you're not normal", when what they're,clearly, trying to tell you is: you're boring.

Of course you can be boring as hell until you're 70, ticking all the right boxes, turning up on time for everything, being a slave to societal norms etc, but that, in my view, isn't what being a man is about.

Aha that's it, they are just speaking in code and trying to say "you are boring, spice things up a bit, have a one-night stand or two, like us, go dance to some trance music and shid".

What's being a man about since you bring up the subject?