Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Puntland: The genocide in south Somalia in 1991 can't be forgotten

^Lol, may be or perhaps he got more money for it. :D

Waryee Wadani lets not compare Mogadishu to the North, people in the north are more or less peace loving and also all the cities in Somalia were predominantly settled historically by a certain clan except Mogadishu.

Wadani;914501 wrote:
There were a few battles, but they were between snm and pro-kacaan clans. Snm never engaged in killing of civilians on account of their clan. All ilma-jabarti were forgiven, this is documented history. We forgave, even though we suffered worse than the usc, with hargaysa and burco being bombed to the ground. I think we deserve some credit for this gobanimo.

The SNM wanted to build a new country from scratch that included all the other clans in Somaliland, why take revenge if you want to create a healthy foundation of a new country.It was the most responsible thing to do when SNM captured from lawyacade to the outskirts of Xingalool, why do you need further clashes than shortly the reconciliation conference for the people of Somaliland Began. Thats how you keep the brother hood it was a wise thing to do and the SNM doesn't need to be given credit for that.

Taleexi   

Wadani;914501 wrote:
There were a few battles, but they were between snm and pro-kacaan clans. Snm never engaged in killing of civilians on account of their clan. All ilma-jabarti were forgiven, this is documented history. We forgave, even though we suffered worse than the usc, with hargaysa and burco being bombed to the ground. I think we deserve some credit for this gobanimo.

Till this day, your militia is raping and maiming innocent people of Kalshaale, LA and Xudun - I really commend and applaud your ongoing systematic ethnic cleansing in the north. God bless Duriyadda. None of us will have his way until our recent past is acknowledged completely.

^^ Taleexi thats bit of exaggeration on you're side the recent conflicts were between an armed group Khatumo and before that SSC and the SL armed forces. It was not a clash between unarmed civilians and armed Military forces. You're description is totally out of context in this case.

Taleexi   

Killing students indiscriminately on the streets of LA, running military vehicles over children and burning them alive in Kalshaale and last but not least raping a teen age girl in the outskirts of Xudun and then murdering her is just a war between two waring groups, Eexda garanaye anshixii maxaa ku dhacay - Your verdict was read loud and clear cause it takes into account all the aforementioned tragic incidents.

Taleexi   

Saaxiib, anna I was implying maxaa gobanimadaa sheegaysid ku dhacay maanta. Taking innocent life and her property was wrong then and it is wrong now ... I believe we see things eye-to-eye ee xoogaa baad is yare xawaashiinaynaysaa -- waxaad tihiin hasha geela cunta ee cabaadda.

Taleexi i don't condone violence against innocent civilians, but you are portraying a very one sided picture afcourse in a conflict between 2 armed groups casualties are a fact no one can deny. But to say that Somaliland armed forces killed students than that is wrong i have not heard about that incident i remember though there was an incident in laascaanood i think in 2011 and riots broke out and police shot at people and one kid got killed and that was unfortunate but he was not targeted because he belonged to a certain clan. The same thing happened twice in hargeysa just 2 months ago and in borama and seylac. And it happened all over Somaliland the only thing we can do now is to prevent it from happening and ofcourse the needed equipment as tear gas rubber bullets is needed in such a situation. This how ever cannot be compared to a war that happened in the south of Somalia were armed groups targeted innocent civilians and that was the whole point.

Samafal   

Real proper reconciliation where real victims and perpetrators not clans take part is needed. The South African type of peace & reconciliation commission comes to mind. We then need to move on. What we can not do is to sweep things under the carpet as Oba & Co are doing. If you suffered under Faroole's clan then you don't need to fear to face justice do you? Peace & reconciliation is also needed in order to learn from the past so as what happened between us never happens again.

uchi   

I lived in Mogadishu up until 1990, and my childhood was taken from me.

Oba, you will need to compensate me.

Somalia   

ala, I am sorry for your loss, they indeed have cuqdad. But I still want my house back and want to know more about this mysterious genocide of 2006-2009.

I was alive during this period in history yet I have heard nothing of it, did it have a name? :eek:

metta   

Thousands of my kinsmen were killed in Mudug and Galgaduud from towns big and small by the Red Berets. Many of my kinsmen were killed in Hiiraan. Many of my kinsmen were killed in Banaadir. Why don't we get an apology? My father's brother was taken out of his home in Xamar, taken outside and shot to death and he was an innocent man. My father's mother's kinsmen in Bulo'barde were massacred and had their livestock destroyed by the people of Somali Galbeed who were given guns by Siad Barre AUN. These are the same reer Hiiraan who welcomed those refugees into their homes and into their lands. And they turn on them and kill them. Why don't we get any recognition for our misery that a one clan military has committed? The military became exclusively one clan after 1988-1989. Why don't we get any recognition from that criminal Morgan and his crimes he committed to my kinsmen after the toppling of Siad Barre AUN?

My people will never whine and complain and that is why I love my kinsmen. We are not a people of whiners and I would not have it any other way. We do not look down on other qabiils, we regard other people as our Somali brothers and sisters and we will still wave the Somalia blue and white flag and we will wave it with our compatriots regardless of what qabiil they are.

If Somalis are serious and interested in Truth and Reconciliation, me and my kinsmen will gladly support it.

But if it will be some clown show and a gathering of angry people pointing their fingers on the innocent people of central and southern Somalia calling them the Somali 'Hitlers, Geobbles and Himmlers', my people will have no part of it.

Respect and love is a two-way street. We are ready if you are ready to accept your own crimes.

Somalia   

Siad Barre regime killed more people in Mudug, Nugaal and Bari than it ever did in areas you described which were the majority of USC, which in turn killed people from those areas who were supporting their overthrow of the government.

I think a statue needs to be erected in every city in Puntland in memory of the the consequences of USC's actions and what were truly the lowest of dugaag who went on a killing spree, to rape, steal and maim their fellow neighbours, civilians and sometimes even families in the name of qabiil.

I turn to all of you to read the new book by Siciid Cismaan Keenaadiid AUN, Xusuus qor which covers 1990 to 1994 killings by USC and the forced evictions from properties, rape and theft.