Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali youth more interested in the Gaza conflict

Wadani   

Wat the mainstream media isnt reporting is that the latest wave of violence wasn't started by rocket attcks from Gaza, but by the killing of a mentally challanged Palestinian youth and a palestinian child in two seperate incidences. The rocket attacks were a retaliatory measure taken by one of the armed groups in Gaza. Isreal then responded by killing Ahmed al-Jabari, even though he was a chief architect and principal negotiator in the upcoming peace talks between Hamas and Isreal.

Maarodi   

Waranle_Warrior;891264 wrote:
Maroodi, actually quite the opposite I discourage Somali youth to be involved in Somali politics or be activists for Somalia. We are a divided community and our youth will learn and become experts in Somali clans and develop very tribal tendencies like our old Somalis should they get themselves indulge in this issues.

Sorry, I was a vague about that. I didn't mean "Somali politics -- past 21 yrs // clan politics" I'm talking about having grassroot participation in Somali issues sans tribalism. That past decade has shown us what that route gets us (death, destruction,disease, and poverty) we got that. Our "diaspora" is a direct result of that kind of involvement and I pity the fool who still holds those tendencies.

However, there are many good people out there fighting the good fight and bringing about positive change. WSSP (World Wide Somali Students and Professionals), Teach Somalia, United Somali Students, Anti-Tribalism Movement, Poet Nation and so on are doing good in promoting Somalinimo and is a step in the right direction. We need to support their causes,and amplify their message because it's a call for greater activism and Somali involvement.

Free Palestine yes, but let's free ourselves from the ignorance and destruction of petty issues (compared to that of Palestinians who I said don't even have a state to begin with).

Maarodi   

Alpha,

Just today I heard that Israel is using white phosphors on the civilian community again as they did in the 2009 attack. It's a deadly chemical weapon that indiscriminately kills people and has devastating lasting effects on the environment (it's cancerous and many innocent people will live with those "side effects" for generations).

This whole "tit-for-tat" is disproportionate and I can't believe you would be on the aggressors side.

Maarodi;891378 wrote:
Alpha,

Just today I heard that Israel is using white phosphors on the civilian community
as they did in the 2009 attack. It's a deadly chemical weapon that indiscriminately kills people and has devastating lasting effects on the environment (it's cancerous and many innocent people will live with those "side effects" for generations).

This whole "tit-for-tat" is disproportionate and I can't believe you would be on the aggressors side.

i don't have an opinion on these matters. please don't evoke my name in your arguments. thank you.

Maarodi   

Alpha Blondy;890593 wrote:
Palestinan are disguising people and merit their harsh existence.

Alpha Blondy wrote:
i do care for our Palestinians brothers and sisters but what can i do? like a status update LOL.

Alpha Blondy wrote:
suicide bombings

extremist behaviour of the absolute worst kind

calling people derogatory names in arabic

creating muslimghetto NO GO AREAS in bradford, UK

beheading daniel pearl

shooting an education activist in the face just recently

cutting off peoples heads

forcing women to wear a little cloth to cover their faces. WTF

Alpha Blondy wrote:
i remember when the terrorist struck the twin towers, many people from s.korea were crying and expressing deep emotions towards the plight of the american people in their time of need and stress. yet 50 yrs before america was a imperial power causing havoc in the korean peninsula using their wicked ideologies to break the will of the korean people.

Do you also remember the Muslim ummah condemning those attacks and people in Iran (aka "Axis of Evil") holding a 3,000 strong candle light vigil for the victims? Just because it wasn't on the news or gets distorted doesn't mean it didn't happen. Here is Hanan Ashrawi - a Palestinian Christian - condemning those attacks on

. Conversely, here is Netanyahu's response: the attacks "have been good for Israel" (Source:
)

Alpha Blondy wrote:
we're expected as a member of the ummah to show sympathy for the self-induced internal issues of the Palestinian. as members of the ummah we should abstain in such collective displays of purported unity.

Alpha Blondy wrote:
i don't have an opinion on these matters

Please specify what you mean when you say "these matters" because I'm getting a little confused if you can't tell already :confused:.

Nin-Yaaban;891413 wrote:
'Dadkii soo joog laga waayo, sii jeeso aa laga helaa'. HaHaHa. ilahan kugu dhaarsay ma saas baad u hadashaa?
:)

:D :D war i said ninkii so joog laga wayo so jiif aa laga helaa

Khadafi   

Oba,. Palestine or (masjidul al aqsa) is a holy and a place of muqadas. Our noble Shaykh, Cabdirxmaan Al-saylaci said in one of his beautiful eulogies recalling the prophetic journey " Yaa daalical samaa fil laylati israa ( oh the one who rose in the night of israa). One of the greatest miracles that our beloved prophet made was that he saw beyond the physical world. He was carried from the deserts of Mecca in a time when he had the deepest enemies and needed comfort. He was carried to quds (jerusalem) and Allah made him the imam of all prophets, from adam to isa (jesus)He then made the journey to God and saw what no man hade even before seen.

He made it to sidratul-muntaha (the blessed tree) and walked so close to god to a destined place that gabriel even could not. We can not even imagine what he saw! But how magnificent it must have been! So the conflict has a religious dimension. [/i]As a muslim somali I do care about them, if godless communists today join the demonstrations for Palestine why should I not as somali muslim? From a humanistic and secular view point. Whats happening in Palestine is today a nation being occupied. So why should we not support the struggle for freedom?

Hatred for some bigoted ignorant arabs should not blind our quest for justice and siding with the oppressed in their deepest hour.

Khadafi;891432 wrote:

So the conflict has a religious dimension. As a muslim somali I do care about them, if godless communists today join the demonstrations for Palestine why should I not as somali muslim?
From a humanistic and secular view point. Whats happening in Palestine is today a nation being occupied. So why should we not support the struggle for freedom?

Hatred for some bigoted ignorant arabs should not blind our quest for justice and siding with the oppressed in their deepest hour.

It's good to see some honesty on this issue.

wyre   

what is going in palestine is 90% different from what is going in somalia, ee dooda badan joojiya ee heestan igula raaxeysta Oba, alpha, apho and the rest who are anti palestine :D

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Rahima   

oba hiloowlow;891324 wrote:
Im talking about hamas the suicide bombers, they would do everything Israel is doing if they had the ability

I'm not going to turn on my Muslim brothers and sisters; and on our holy land simply because i don't agree with suicide bombings. I don't have to agree with every tactic employed by Hamas but as a Muslim i believe it is a duty to support the struggle- and not just because they are Muslim but because they are an oppressed people.

Anyway i must say that i am amazed that a Muslim could side against their own oppressed people, and even worse still on the side of a Zionist state which many in in the International community have condemned for the atrocities they commit against the Palestinians.

Chimera   

oba hiloowlow;890588 wrote:
I am sick and tired of seeing the Somali youth engaging in protests,twittering making fb updates about the Gaza conflict these couple of days they would never support their country and people the way they are defending Hamas and palestinians. smh

I'm not, and I hope the number of young Somalis getting involved in the Palestinian situation increases 100-fold. From my personal experience every single pro-Palestine Somali boy/girl ended up being a great asset for Somalis/Somalia eventually. The Palestinian crisis opens the mind of a potential brain-dead tribalist groupie that you can see crawling all over Somalinet. Instead these pro-Palestine Somali youth with their leaflets, demonstrations and twitter updates slowly but surely realise the importance of 'unity' and understand the significance of 'having a recognised country'.

A brain-dead tribalist groupie only recognises his/her crappy clan-chieftain, and does not understand the 'legacy of sovereignty' that his grandfathers/mothers left behind for him/her, which the Kurds, Native Americans, Assyrians, Chechens, Rohingas, Tibetans and Palestinians can only dream about.

We need more Somali youth to expand their horizons, see the world is bigger than little dusty tuulo they boast to other Somalis. It would humble them, motivate them and more importantly set them on the right path.