Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Haatu   

oba hiloowlow;947750 wrote:
Guys walahi i had the most productive day in weeks today went to school,the gym,cleaned the house,
washed clothes
,bought groceries.

Now i can enjoy my weekend:

tumblr_lw9xxqwdwD1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

For a moment I thought you were saying you had a shower. I was already thinking of naming you Maqabayste :D

SP, nice phrase. I always used to hear from Gran "Ilaahey uunkiis". Such a nice word.

And why on earth were Saff and SP up so late? Xashalillah. Damn waryaada sleep earlier!

Safferz;947759 wrote:
Yes, but you have to clean the dishes sitting in the sink first lol. Finals week, I am a mess
:(

Did you talk to the pretty girl oba?
:)

Your asking for too much ma is tidhi? :eek:

No i chickened out

sadman.gif

oba hiloowlow;947760 wrote:
Jeudi soooooiiiir, my weekend starts today inaar
:D

^ i hear you inaar.

i wish you were here. the setting is perfect. even the qaaci music is on point tonight, walle.

kooshin is next on my playlist...ee sida uula soco.

Haatu;947763 wrote:
For a moment I thought you were saying you had a shower. I was already thinking of naming you Maqabayste
:D

naah inaar i take my weekly showers on sundays

Safferz;947761 wrote:
Hee you got a problem Alpha? :mad:

NO!

its just that i'm in a similar predicament, you know. the maid left about two week ago. i have enough clothes to last for the rest of the month but some of them are not ironed. i couldn't bring myself to ask anyone to wash my clothes, that all, ee sida uula soco. :)

Safferz   

We are night owls Haatu :) I usually sleep around 4am, I get a lot of writing done late at night so I like to work when I'm most productive.

oba hiloowlow;947764 wrote:
Your asking for too much ma is tidhi? :eek:

No i chickened out

sadman.gif

Too bad, the library is an easy place to hit on/get hit on lol. Man up oba.

Haatu   

Oba, once a week! Yikes. No wonder you didn't have the confidence to claim your prize in the library :P

Saff, I like to sleep by midnight latest although I can do all-nighters easilly I usually end up with a headache.

Alpha it is too early to tell! I just had a beer breakfast at my cousins house. Though before arriving in attempts to text the cousin I accidently texted an older turkish fellow I recently met at an event "Beer?". he is a religious fella. he wasnt too pleased

Haatu it is isn't it. Grandma or grandpa? and haatu I only slept for 3 hours last night. its a shame really. i admire your sleep habits haatu, I must learn to sleep earlier.

Safferz   

Haatu;947779 wrote:
Oba, once a week! Yikes. No wonder you didn't have the confidence to claim your prize in the library
:P

Saff, I like to sleep by midnight latest although I can do all-nighters easilly I usually end up with a headache.

I get enough sleep, but my hours are a little different. I'm good with about six hours so I'm usually up in the late morning. I'm a grad student so I don't have many classes, just a lot of unstructured free time to read and write so fortunately I'm able to accommodate my weird sleep cycle :)

Safferz;947773 wrote:
We are night owls Haatu
:)
I usually sleep around 4am, I get a lot of writing done late at night so I like to work when I'm most productive.

Too bad, the library is an easy place to hit on/get hit on lol. Man up oba.

lots of opportunities kale dee :)

Alpha Blondy;927009 wrote:
there is this company owned by my qurbo friend that makes custom designed furniture. i visited their workshop last week and was impressed by some of their work.

i'm hoping to commission some work. prices are negotiable, apparently. this is what i have in mind so far:

modern-oak-tv-stand.png

1. a tv stand

bookshelf-feng-shui.jpg

2. a book shelf

what do you guys think?

Haatu;927030 wrote:
NY, you're a miskiin. Don't believe Alpha's lies. He's not getting a new TV stand, taas anaa kuu og.

Alpha Blondy;927074 wrote:
one word:
jealousy

you're a little saqajaan. why are you spreading baseless rumours about Al. i'll post the pics and then i'll be vindicated. you're going to look like an !diot and not for the first time, inaar, haatuoow.

Haatu,

you little criminal i-door. i told you i was going to prove you wrong, didn't i?

look and weep!

320884_10151570061694250_1385578322_n.jp

p.s- this is the book-shelf and not the tv-stand....ee sida uula soco. although a far-cry from what i initially had in mind, i went for practicality over design....in the end. :P

Safferz;947819 wrote:
What did you say, Alpha? :mad:

Alpha Blondy;933500 wrote:
i.i.door
[i-dor] Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. Offensive and inflammatory tribal slur.

noun

Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive

a) commonly used to refer to a member of the i.s.a.a.c.k clan or a descendent of the duriyada

b) used in a pejorative manner against a member of the i.s.a.a.c.k clan or a descendent of the duriyada

Transliteration
chose-for-me

Origin

the origins of the term is disputed but it first entered mainstream spoken Somali in the 1830s. it was originally used by camel-herders from the south (modern day kilika 5-aad), who were unable to access goods or services meant they were forced to barter (exchange basic goods and services for their livestock) with the more affluent and cosmopolitan coastal people of the North (member of the i.s.a.a.c.k clan or a descendent of the duriyada). hence, the term was borne out of one tribes frustrations and over-reliance for survival on another tribe. the term has become less used in modern times but its historical connotation, all too often, evokes a deep-seated historical rivalry but more particularly a disparaging hatred for members of the i.s.a.a.c.k clan or a descendent of the duriyada by camel-herding long-leggers.

;)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL