Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

do puns exist in the somali language horta?

i went out to buy some stuff at a new supermarket. i always like to try out new shops and see what they're offering. good customer service, adeeg hufan and value for money are the things i usually look for. i went to this shop called barqawo-maal or something. i inquired about whether they had soap and other international standard toiletries.

on the soap - this tent-cladded assistant came forth with new soaps. himayala herbels and vatika were the brands. i asked to see all four colours on display and properly in stock.

yellow - was nourishing LOL

blue - was moisturising LOL

red - was cleansing LOL

green - was soothing LOL

i scrutinised the box and read the directions for use. luckily it was in english. LOL

i then asked for the usual brands i buy - lifebuoy and dettol. she didnt have them in store. she genuinely was sorry. LOL

then she said take the yellow one as it comes highly recommended. really? i thought.....she then proceeded to explain how she uses this type of soap and how its done wonders for her skin..... she said:''its soapy and really creamy and i just love to rub it all over my body....''. how inappropriate, i thought, laughing within.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

i bought all four colours and paid $1.5 for each. i got a discount of $1 after haggling. :D

LOCALS 0-1 ALPHA! RESULT!

Haatu   

The Kenyans love everything English, just as Angolans love everything Portuguese. Africans seem to suffer from inferiority complex. I remember reading that Warriors book written by the British soldier about his experiences in Somaliweyn after WW2. At the time he said that Bantu Africa (as he put it) have an inferiority complex and worship the white man, whereas the Somalis show disdain and open contempt to them. It seems that as a result of the war we've become part of the cadaan caabud world.

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;914926 wrote:
do
puns
exist in the somali language horta?

i went out to buy some stuff at a new supermarket. i always like to try out new shops and see what they're offering. good customer service, adeeg hufan and value for money are the things i usually look for. i went to this shop called barqawo-maal or something. i inquired about whether they had soap and other international standard toiletries.

on the soap - this tent-cladded assistant came forth with new soaps. himayala herbels and vatika were the brands. i asked to see all four colours on display and properly in stock.

red - was cleansing LOL

green - was soothing LOL

i scrutinised the box and read the directions for use. luckily it was in english. LOL

i then asked for the usual brands i buy - lifebuoy and dettol. she didnt have them in store. she genuinely was sorry. LOL

then she said take the yellow one as it comes highly recommended. really? i thought.....she then proceeded to explain how she uses this type of soap and how its done wonders for her skin..... she said:
''its soapy and really creamy and i just love to rub it all over my body....''
. how inappropriate, i thought, laughing within.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

i bought all four colours and paid $1.5 for each. i got a discount of $1 after haggling.
:D

lol I doubt this happened but it's still funny :D

Alpha Blondy;914926 wrote:
do
puns
exist in the somali language horta?

red - was cleansing LOL

green - was soothing LOL

then she said take the yellow one as it comes highly recommended. really? i thought.....she then proceeded to explain how she uses this type of soap and how its done wonders for her skin..... she said:
''its soapy and really creamy and i just love to rub it all over my body....''
. how inappropriate, i thought, laughing within.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

i bought all four colours and paid $1.5 for each. i got a discount of $1 after haggling.

Kkkk. Hilarious. I think she has a crush on you...

Now the truth about soaps - they are all made of two simple ingredients, listen up. Sodium hydroxide and some fat/oil e.g. glycerin, vegetable oil, coconut oil etc. That's the basic science. Nourishing, moiturising, makes your hair sparkle===BSx100

Haatu;914929 wrote:
The Kenyans love everything English, just as Angolans love everything Portuguese. Africans seem to suffer from inferiority complex. I remember reading that
Warriors
book written by the British soldier about his experiences in Somaliweyn after WW2. At the time he said that Bantu Africa (as he put it) have an inferiority complex and worship the white man, whereas the Somalis show disdain and open contempt to them. It seems that as a result of the war we've become part of the cadaan caabud world.

You are talking about Gerald Hanley's book (Warriors: life and death among the Somalis). He had a Somali mistress, a stunning creature as he put it, and he was alluding to preference for white colour....does that mean even the Somalis of that era had inferiority complex?

Also he had stereotypes of the various Somalis working with him, he had some rather nasty things to say about the Garreh for instance as stubborn.

Haatu   

QansaxMeygaag;914937 wrote:
You are talking about Gerald Hanley's book (
Warriors: life and death among the Somalis
). He had a Somali mistress, a stunning creature as he put it, and he was alluding to preference for white colour....does that mean even the Somalis of that era had inferiority complex?

Also he had stereotypes of the various Somalis working with him, he had some rather nasty things to say about the Garreh for instance as stubborn.

Yeah it was that book. In this part he wasn't talking about our preference of light skinned women, he was talking about how we don't worship the white man like other Africans.

He seemed to like the MaayMaay people :D

Haatu;914941 wrote:
Yeah it was that book. In this part he wasn't talking about our preference of light skinned women, he was talking about how we don't worship the white man like other Africans.

He seemed to like the MaayMaay people

Kkk. What is it with white men and Somali mistresses? There was also a Somali mistress in Karen Blixen's Out of Africa, both book and movie, for one of the main male characters.

Looks like we have overtaken Alpha's thread with all this talk of white men and their Somali mistresses...

QansaxMeygaag;914937 wrote:
You are talking about Gerald Hanley's book (
Warriors: life and death among the Somalis
). He had a Somali mistress, a stunning creature as he put it, and he was alluding to preference for white colour....does that mean even the Somalis of that era had inferiority complex?

in out of africa by karen blixen, the somalis fared better against the bantu africans. the somalis, who were personified by farah adan, were seen to be possessed of superior intelligence and culture, apparently. be that as it may, text from the colonial era in africa is now irrelevant. somalis are now slowly beginning to lose their ways, whatever that means..........?

QansaxMeygaag;914944 wrote:
Kkk. What is it with white men and Somali mistresses? There was also a Somali mistress in Karen Blixen's
Out of Africa
, both book and movie, for one of the main male characters.

Looks like we have overtaken Alpha's thread with all this talk of white men and their Somali mistresses...

+

Alpha Blondy;914948 wrote:
in out of africa by karen blixen, the somalis fared better against the bantu africans. the somalis, who were personified by farah adan, were seen to be possessed of superior intelligence and culture, apparently. be that as it may, text from the colonial era in africa is now irrelevant. somalis are now slowly beginning to lose their ways, whatever that means..........?

= great minds think alike. :D

Apophis;914933 wrote:
I don't get you. In your post yesterday you were complaining about the ways the diaspora Somalis try to differentiate themselves from the locals and act important and here you are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about.

After living in this place all these years you still consider yourself a "foreigner" and seem to bask in getting one over the "locals", which in my mind includes you too. You're a local, accept it and stop "othering" your people.

Jesus!!

i think you're being a little harsh here.

i have never made any attempts to differentiate myself from my surroundings. this is my home and i have good relationships with my neighbours and the surrounding area. i'm complaining about those who through conspicuous behaviours and outlandish statements seek to have the upper hand by basking in the glory of their perceived difference. what in text prompted you to accuse me of acting important. please provide examples.

as i'm sure you're already aware, i tend to keep myself to myself and do not seek vantage points against my fellow reer Somalilanders. for our cordial relations, please stop make ludicrous statements.

Apo,

the seminal post above got thinking about how best to respond back. initially, i was going to write two words (F OFF) with an LOL but that would've further implicated me. i then thought of challenging your assertions clinically but that too proved futile. so.....i'll accept your timely reminder and work better to integrate myself here.

thanks,

Al.

POLITE REMINDER TO ALL REGULAR TROLLS ON THIS THREAD

this thread is solely intended for cantarbaqash and trolling.

its not intended for the following:

1. personal attacks against Alpha (absolutely no personal attacks (direct or indirect), criticize ideas, NOT Alpha)

2. idiosyncratic musings in the form of posts or any URLs which are intended to purely inflame or to annoy Alpha.

3. point-scoring type posts with a deductive argument structure

4. any posts which seeks, attempts, coerces or enables the restricting of the sacred value of freedom of expression including the 3 aforementioned rules above.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. i'm out y'all.

i've just received a call from home. will update y'all later. LOOOOL

yeah! yeah! yeah!. that's what i'm talking about. about to leave work in the next hour.

Alpha Blondy;915076 wrote:
first in again

Sunday 3rd Feburary 2013. just another day so far.its misty outside and i'm listening to ryan leslie.

Greeting Alfu-lela-ulela!

Ryan Leslie - ninka magac xumaa dee...