Edna Adan Ismail: a Somali inspiration

NGONGE   

AfricaOwn;876046 wrote:
^^^ Typical response....

Ps. A remarkable Woman, Salut Edna.

Still living of the scraps of others, Africa? :D

Mario B   

Tallaabo;876067 wrote:
I think Ms Edna should be confronted about her remarks in that video. There is no excuse to insult a whole society like that let alone our own fellow Somalis. Speaking abusively about a whole society is unacceptable both Islamically and diplomatically.

Thank You!!

P.s Regarding my previous comments, I take nothing away from her humanitarian work, and may Allah accept her efforts.

STOIC   
First Hadraawi gets an international award and then Edna follows! Something smells funny here. :D

She is getting more visibility.Even Nicholas Kristof of New York times wrote a piece about her hospital..She deserves it.Though we can all see her passion for secession her remarks in the video was in bad taste!

Tallaabo   

Aaliyyah;875392 wrote:
You demand from people to respect Edna despite her degrading clannish remarks because you state the northern culture calls for respect toward elders. By the same token you decided to insult Oba’s whole line of ancestors with your statement “his entire ancestry cannot hope to have accomplished a quarter of what Edna has done”. So you have studied thoroughly all Oba’s ancestors and know for a fact that they combined through many generations have accomplished nothing close to your Edna? You want to take the liberty to insult others but you want to hold those from your clan on a pedestal. Being from the North myself I don’t know where in the north they practice that one-sided respect.So let me educate you the Somali culture calls for respect toward elders regardless of their clan affiliation. However, someone like Edna who put herself in a spotlight and decided to demean and degrade her fellow Somalis publicly then whatever people call her it is something she asked for.

I may disagree with you when it comes to politics, but here you got a point I can support.

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;876089 wrote:
I think Ngonge just said It's okay to insult Somalis...lol

In that context, of course it is.

p.s.

Wiil Cusub's link has buggered this page. It keeps crashing.

Tallaabo   

^There is a virus in this thread I think. Wiil cusub's computer and sol account are probably hacked. The admin should know about this.

Woow,.

I watched the first video and I was fuming ....how could she call all of us Pirates and Terrorist ? And then I watched the second video where it was showing the hospital and the young baby delivered, man that was powerful . Maashallah she is doing a great job and we are all humans we make mistakes.....mind you the only mistake she did was to speak harsh of Somalia, camon we support and forgive worlds who kill everyday and yet we are hitting the roof coz she said some harsh words ?

I think she a great women who deserves a recognition for what she has achieved !

raula   

STOIC;876072 wrote:
First Hadraawi gets an international award and then Edna follows! Something smells funny here.
:D

She is getting more visibility.Even Nicholas Kristof of New York times wrote a piece about her hospital..She deserves it.Though we can all see her passion for secession her remarks in the video was in bad taste!

I guess i will be watching her on PBS's tonight's session on "Half the sky"..Yesterday was incredible. I couldn't agree more..I hope she wishes many poor souls of Somalia's clannish wars (many that she considers vulnerable & in need of her assistance) such foul words not to befell on them but the best. May Allah s.w. forgive us for our transgressions.