Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Edna Adan Ismail: a Somali inspiration

Mario B;875859 wrote:
What motivates her if not naked tribalism. Here you have a Somali woman without shame castigating her fellow Somalis who are victim of terrorism, piracy and famine. Instead of calling for the world to come to the rescue of her fellow humans, here she is actually campaigning for their abandonment. Thank God, rizk isn't in her hand...what a sad creature!

Well it sure not tribalism what ever it is but not tribalism unless all those said terrorists and pirates belong to the same tribal origin? She never singled out a single tribe she only talked about the sad situation of Somalia.

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;875863 wrote:
Well it sure not tribalism what ever it is but not tribalism unless all those said terrorists and pirates belong to the same tribal origin? She never singled out a single tribe she only talked about the sad situation of Somalia.

Xaaji, keep lying to yourself, you aint fooling me.:)

Mario B;875866 wrote:
Xaaji, keep lying to yourself, you aint fooling me.
:)

I am not lying to my self these are facts Edna is far from a tribalist i have never heard her say clan x is that and clan b is that have you.

Mario B   

Che -Guevara;875865 wrote:
I think it's fair to say now that no one is going to convince the other that what she was saying was tribal in nature or not.

Clan is everything:- Ng'onge

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;875868 wrote:
I am not lying to my self these are facts Edna is far from a tribalist i have never heard her say clan x is that and clan b is that have you.

What makes her clannist is her definition of which Somali she thinks is worthy and which is not, at their height they were estimated 3000 pirates in Puntland and Galgaduug and 6k-20k Al Shaabab in south Somalia....now if she was just, she shouldn't have lumped these criminals with rest of the population that is roughly 7 Million.

Mario B;875871 wrote:
What makes her clannist is her definition of which Somali she thinks is worthy and which is not, at their height they were estimated 3000 pirates in Puntland and Galgaduug and 6k-20k Al Shaabab in south Somalia....now if she was just, she wouldn't have lumped these criminals with rest of the population that is roughly 7 Million.

But that still doesn't make her a tribalist whether she generalized the people of Somalia or not she didn't use Clanism to define who is good and who is bad in Somalia.

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;875872 wrote:
But that still doesn't make her a tribalist whether she generalized the people of Somalia or not she didn't use Clanism to define who is good and who is bad in Somalia.

You're still defending this woman, and what's your motivation?

Mario B;875873 wrote:
You're still defending this woman, and what's your motivation?

I am not defending any one Edna doesn't need XX to defend her she can defend her self but i am just correcting you cannot call some one who is not a tribalist a tribalist its simple as that.

Much respect for Edna the humanitarian and caregiver, however Edna the politician is quite crude.

Advice to her supporters: Don't be an uncritical supporter of anyone, have some respect for yourselves.

NGONGE   

First Hadraawi gets an international award and then Edna follows! Something smells funny here. :D

p.s.

I am with Lander on this one. Though, of course, I would not put my argument across with as much anger and confrontation. I mean, all he had to say to Oba was "saca bi saca" really. A meeting about Somaliland will sooner or later mention Somalia. In mentioning Somalia, Al Shabab and the pirates will have to be mentioned. Nothing big really.

Carry on....

Tallaabo   

I think Ms Edna should be confronted about her remarks in that video. There is no excuse to insult a whole society like that let alone our own fellow Somalis. Speaking abusively about a whole society is unacceptable both Islamically and diplomatically.