Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Has the President of Somalia declared war on Puntland ?

Chimera;874243 wrote:
Duke,even if the new PM is not from Puntland, he and the government are still obligated to serve that constituent, and that means access to Federal funds for new roads, schools, hospitals, port-expansions, proportionate share of FDI etc on a scale that the region hasn't enjoyed since collapse of the last central government . Only when Puntland is ignored in all these sectors can we deduce that the President of the FRS has declared war on one of its constituents and that would be a legitimate cause for anger, but this PM ''must be reer-hebel'' bs that is polluting this forum is backwards.

He will be the Prime-minister of Somalia, he has to serve the ten million men, women and children living in hundreds of hamlets, villages, towns, and cities stretching from Zayla to Ras Kamboni!

Chimera, you are a good man, if you were President I would not even worry about Somalia. However what we have is an embryonic state. If his first action is simply to ignore the State of Puntland its many achievements and its contributions to Somalia then there is no choice but to ignore him. Heck if it was not for Puntland and Abdiweli, Xsaan sHiekh Mohamoud would still be an unknown individual.

Puntland and its people remember the last time we took a government and its leaders at face value. Heck it won’t happen again.

Apophis;874271 wrote:
No, the president of the Republic has not, I repeat, has not declared a war on Bari region. The question is absurd.

Puntland is not Bari region adeer. That mentality is what keeps Somalia behind. Puntand is 1/3 of Somalia in both size and population.

Chimera   

General Duke;874253 wrote:
Chimera, you are a good man, if you was President I would not even worry about Somalia. However what we have is an embryonic state. If his first action is simply to ignore the State of Puntland its many achievements and its contributions to Somalia then there is no choice but to ignore him. Heck if it was not for Puntland and Abdiweli, Xsaan sHiekh Mohamoud would still be an unknown individual.

Puntland and its people remember the last time we took a government and its leaders at face value. Heck it won’t happen again.

First of all, I think this news is nonsense, just as the announcement of Farmaajo being PM was yesterday. The new president is not a dumb illiterate man, and I think people underestimate the fact that we finally have someone good in the driving seat. He knows the importance of Puntland, just as he knows the importance of Somaliland, he won't alienate these regions as the highest sovereign in the country, but if he were to select someone not from those regions, I'm 100% sure its not based on their lineage otherwise he would have replaced Abdiweli the first day in office, instead he's currently meeting world-leaders as the highest representative of our country overseas.

Personally, I think none of the regions should allow their leaders to hi-jack legitimate grievances based on a office-position whose job is to represent the whole country not a single clan, city, regional state, etc but the whole republic. This is a new competent government, one that is accountable and one that has the eyes of the world fixed on its way of governance. The FGS can't mess up the way the TFG did multiple times in the past, and no region in this age of information can be neglected without the whole Somali world knowing it. The fresh blood in the FGS want to leave behind a positive legacy and possibly be re-elected in four years time in a nationwide elections. To ignore 1/3 of your country is political suicide, however when the President elects a person for PM based on his merit, its not a good reason for rebellion or cutting off all ties.

We have to focus on progress brother, politics has always been our weakness that has held us back from reaching our potential, while our neighbours are building like crazy. How can we still be the only country in East Africa to have 3 Panamax ports after twenty years of war? How can we still have the largest runways in East Africa after twenty years of war? How is it that we rank in the top 10 in African telecommunications after twenty years of war? How is that our paved road-network is still half the size of that of Ethiopia despite the latter having spend $50 billion in the last twenty years and we $0? Imagine if we never allowed our country to fall, how far ahead of the game would we be today?

Don't play the ignore-game, it will get us nowhere, twenty years was enough. Instead DEMAND new roads, port-expansions, dams, electrification, hospitals and schools. Shame the government if it doesn't respond, shame it in all the halls of the world, but don't untangle the superstructure that is the republic, its what got us into this mess in the first place, and I desperately want us to get out of it. If that means swallowing an indirect 'snub' in the PM selection then so be it, but as long as the funds keep flowing in there will be progress.

Chimera, valid points indeed. The Federal Republic is more important than any individual. Our hopes is that we get a competent leader who will see Bossaso , Borama, Buhudle and Balcad in the same way. What we do not need is for ideologues to be given top posts because of their position on certain clans, or worse in opposition to the very idea of a Federal Somalia.

Infrastructure and economic development should be designed in such a way that it will empower the whole population and engender hope in the average Somali Citizen.

Somalia has failed in the past because realities were ignored and propaganda and ululating for the great leader was the norm. President Xasan Shiekh Mohamoud should not be treated like an Emperor, or a Hero or as if he has a mandate from heaven. He will be judged on his performance in office and how he treats all regions and clans in the post transition era. If he starts to listen to one group over others or starts to give privilege to his over them, it will lead to rebellion and not of arms but States will ignore the Central entity until corrective measures are put in place.

Again I do respect your thoughts. It’s important that we hold our new leaders accountable. I hope the answer to my question is the President has not declared war on Puntland State of Somalia.

raula   

General Duke;874280 wrote:
I hope the answer to my question is the President has not declared war on Puntland State of Somalia.

then what other answer are you desperately seeking? PM post won't be from your region mandhow..so the sooner you realize that..the better for your sanity..Iska iloow.

UZTAAD   

chamira is having good thoughts and high expectations from the new president but as they said t expect the best and prepare the worst. it is every body's hope that the new president will be a great leader who has great vision of saving somalia from its current situation of backwardness and chaos. and his choice of prime minster will shed light the kind of president he is and the direction he is going to lead the country. he can be a great leader who could earn the support and respect of the Somali people or he can be some one who follow the foot steps former presidents who utterly failed to achieve any thing in their tuner . and likes of puntland who have working institutions and leadership are waiting and watching.

UZTAAD   

lol raula , what is the contradictions of my avatar any lexis I have used may be you are seeing other things. any way adigu sijuu baa tahay saa sheegtay marka siyaasadda somalida oo local ah ha ku wareerin ma fahmayside.