Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Has the President of Somalia declared war on Puntland ?

Chimera   

General Duke;874280 wrote:
Chimera, valid points indeed.
The Federal Republic is more important than any individual.

Exactly, that was the gist of my post. Even if a non-Puntlander is chosen as PM, there will still be tons of Puntlanders part of the government, and the latter will collapse as a legitimate entity if it resorts to nepotism and intentional neglect. Neither the President or the PM are Emperors and Kings, they are statesmen serving the people of Somalia. We must respect their title and office but not fear them. Somalia failed because we equated the high offices with individuals and destroyed it in a fit of anger and chaos. This was fatalistic and pure national suicide.

I do not think President Hassan is the messiah, nor do I think Somalia will be picture-perfect in a single term, but we will get there, and come 2016 we will be in a much better situation, insha'allah.

raula;874302 wrote:
then what other answer are you desperately seeking? PM post won't be from your region mandhow..so the sooner you realize that..the better for your sanity..Iska iloow.

Who are you talking to? And why the hell are you hating on your fathers region? :D

This is inline with point I raised on the other thread. Madaxwaynaha inuu dhahayy inuusan kadhigaynin Raissal Wasaare nin kasoo jeeda reer Puntland, I think that's silly and not befitting a Somali President. I hope its not true and that that is not what he said or his position.

Chimera;874384 wrote:
Exactly, that was the gist of my post. Even if a non-Puntlander is chosen as PM, there will still be tons of Puntlanders part of the government, and the latter will collapse as a legitimate entity if it resorts to nepotism and intentional neglect. Neither the President or the PM are Emperors and Kings, they are statesmen serving the people of Somalia. We must respect their title and office but not fear them. Somalia failed because we equated the high offices with individuals and destroyed it in a fit of anger and chaos. This was fatalistic and pure national suicide.

I do not think President Hassan is the messiah, nor do I think Somalia will be picture-perfect in a single term, but we will get there, and come 2016 we will be in a much better situation, insha'allah.

I am a student of history, and one cannot forget the recent dark history of our nation. Abdiqasim back in 2000 came with the same kind of excitement and fervor and he failed miserably. What we need is a strong technocratic government. An able PM who has a good background and a profound understanding of how the outside world works and the forces arrayed against the Somali people. If the government is based on clan wishes and special interest it will be another four years of waste.

Again what is needed is the appointment of a strong, competent, technocratic PM who will put together a small talented cabinet. That will address the main priorities of our nation, including a national census, securing the borders and airspace and bringing basic services to the masses. If this is achieved then we shall all have hope.

Gabbal   

Duke-

What reason has the man to hate you? What reason has the man to hate a clan or a region? Hassan Sheekh from what many people have pieced together seems to be a dedicated and peace civil servant who recognizes the destruction of the civil war and is conscious of the responsibility on him. I do not believe and I do not think you believe he personally has it out for your clan or region. If, however, you are saying by virtue of not getting the PM post then he has declared war on you; then the problem seems to stem more from you.

Gabal, what I am discussing is the statement made by the website and attributed to being the stance of the new President. If this is true and a whole State or 1/3 of Somalia is being ignored and that its candidates are not considered then it’s a violation and an affront to the power sharing agreement in place. Is the President the head of state or the head of the special interest of the clan in Mogadishu? If so then it will fail like all the other instances when regions and segments of society were ignored. Also this is about the future of Somalia and not hate or love. It’s about going forward and capturing the future. To deny the importance and organizational power of Puntland State is not in the interest of the President. He should also take note from History and think of the nation. Even if there were to be a PM from the Gedo region, he should at least be one far more capable than Farmaajo and one who understands that Puntland is an asset to Somalia and not a problem..

The Sage   

Typical puntlanders, they claim they support the democratic process and the end of transition....unless their chosen people aren't selected. How sad.

NGONGE   

^^ They have a point though. It's not about who eventually becomes PM, it's about who is being considered for the job NOW. If the news is true that PL candidates are not even being considered, PL and all its supporters have every right to raise questions. I personally doubt this is the case though. The new president seems too shrewed to make such a silly mistake right at the start of his rule.

General Duke;874176 wrote:

If the news coming out of Mogadishu is true and the President has from the outset made it clear that he will not consider anyone from Puntland. This is tantamount to a declaration of war against 1/3 of Somalia. It actually bodes well for Faroole and the Hawkish individuals within Puntland. They have always claimed that Mogadishu as it is currently will never be a constructive location for restoring peace and stability. I believe that the State and its people will see Xasan Shiekh Mohamoud as no more than an extension of the failed leaders of Mogadishu and will oppose him in every way.

Puntland = SOOL, SANAAG, CAYN, BARI, MUDUG & NUGAAL.. And the clans from those regions vary

:D :D

Gormaa KARKAAR (with its capital Qardho) PL laga saaray? And does that mean the president did not declare war Qardho since it is not part of PL according to you?