Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

Abtigiis   

Upsets are common in Football. It doesn't show anything. Chelsea was lucky last night, nothing to do with Liverpool not playing well. Two corners and two goals.

But I hope Norf now knows what Malouda can do. He was superb last night.

On any other night, Bayern can surprise Barca. It is as easy as that!

Abtigiis   

Fu-Fu,

Saaxib, nowadays with favourite players/coaches changing teams so fast, it is difficult to stuck with one. In late 1980s and 1990s, I was firm Arsenal. Now, I am for Liverpool, precisely because they are the team that plays best, and can deny ManU the cup. It is almost like I am anti-ManU but for no particular one as such. I used to be for Barcelona as well. I use to hate Chelsea, but now that Hiddinik is there, I don't mind if they win something. So, in a way, meel la iigu soo hagaago ma leh. I can understand the zeal of the teenagers and the loyalty though. I used to be like that!!

Nowadays, my loyalties are not that firm for clubs. Where I am fixed is at national teams. I am for Brazil in the world, for Morocco/Algeria in Africa.

Fabregas   

de. I told you guys Bareclona ciyara maha this year; their attack, most notably Messi, is ruthless this year.

oh yeah, luvin the adebayor overhead kick. what an african!

Oz   

Nomads: take back your comments and wait till the second leg. Scousers must hate Ivanovic am sure :D . Did anyone spot Essien the Ghanaian best midfielder marking Gerrard? :D:D

10_163322d.jpg7_163325d.jpga9_162890s.jpg

Thierry.   

OZ I refer back to my comments when the draw was made, if Essien plays he will terrorize any midfield for me he is the most complete midfielder since Patrick viera.

Oz   

Thiery I do believe so too, but the problem with him is once he gets injured he goes for months till recovery otherwise as you said his a COMPLETE player without a doubt.I couldn't find a video on the web of Essien marking Gerrard but I found this image..

michael_essien_1382309c.jpg

Oz   

A huge loss at anfield, I can't seem to understand why Norf,nuune and NG aren't typing on this endz. :D

MZanzi   

lool@oz I was asking the same question myself ..ragu weey wada dhuunteen..this time there will be no istanbul miracle

Oz   

^^ Lol. I myself nearly turned off the TV when Torres scored in the first ten minutes.

Oz   

19:45 UK Chelsea v Liverpool Quarter-finals Stamford Bridge

19:45 UK Bayern Munich v Barcelona Quarter-finals Allianz Arena

N.O.R.F   

^We could have won that if we didn't make so many mistakes at the back in the second half. We put the fright into Chelsea but its now time to focus solely on the Prem.

If Arsenal make it through they will win it.

Thierry.   

^^ What an amazing game for 90 mins I was a Liverpool fan, you are right Norf your back centre backs were dreadful tonight.

Arsenal for the double this season lads.

:cool: