Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

N.O.R.F   

Inter are very average. Their midfielders are both holding midfielders (Cambiasso and Zanneti), their wingers are more like centre backs (Stankovich). Strikers are big and slow.

Man Utd by 2 goals I say.

LFC and Arsenal look good but Chelsea will have a tough task against Juve.

nuune   

What a night tonight will be!!

Benayoun out, Torres out, but still Liverpool lookin for a European Glory, it has to be done.

WingA   

i would love to just watch the game at anfield as a neutral and feel the atmostphare.. good luck liverpool, because i would love nothing other then a Man Utd vs Liverpool final.. yes, another all english final would do me nicely..

Thierry.   

I hope Liverpool knocks out Madrid they are the most boring team in the world.

Gents you all saw Eduardo sublime finish the other day Arsenal are back in the business end of the season, only Barca can stand in our way

NGONGE   

Liverpool walk all over Madrid (4-0)

Chelsea got through by drawing with Juve(2-2)

Bayern are the dark horses (7-1 after winning the first leg by five goals)!!!!!

Torres played like a superstar. The rest of the team were on fire. Only Babel was as rubbish as ever. Grrrr!!

I cheered when Essian and Drogba scored! Could it be the African in me? I truly dislike Chelsea. Heh.

nuune   

I didn't liked when Drogba scored, ofcourse last 10 minute I switched from Liverpool Madrid match to Juve Chelsea, when Drogba scrored I had to go back to the Liverpool match to witness da classic stuff.

Madrid dushoodaa lagu socdey you got dat right.

In my opinion, and as it seems, no more giant Italians teams or Spaniards any more, those 4 English teams will always be there entertaining the collapsed so called giants.

United will win easily tomoro but would have hard time, I prefer Inter to go through, and Arsenal will have easy stuff.

PS: Do you think Bayern can make a come back and show us what they can do as they have done many years ago

NGONGE   

I think Bayern have a good chance. They don't play the same way the Italians and Spanish play. They will at least beat Arsenal. :D

I also wont write Inter out just yet. With Jose as boss anything can happen. He did it before with Porto (and Porto were not the greatest team that year) and he can do it with Inter.

But you are right, it looks like the English will dominate it again. Would love a United/Liverpool final.

nuune   

Foxumo lool, adiga na daa Hull city draw baan la galeenaa, stokena ha naga badiso, taasi waa tactical, watch out United on saturday with Liverpool saa ugu suuxno, ama waala reenaa ama wax aan khaarijineenaa :D

iiga warran kooxdaadi Leeds United :D

I fear Real Madrid will sack this new manager, they always have problem with managers, if u cant deliver, u cant stay

nuune   

Arsenal through after exciting penalties, United through with the worst performance ever.

Porto through as well

Barca on last 8 as well

N.O.R.F   

Did I say Man Utd by 2 goals?

Anyway forget all that, did you guys SEE how we DESTROYED real???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

We haven't done that for a long time. Watch Rafa change things now and bring in Hyyppia :rolleyes:

Arsenal finally had a bit of luck last night. Mr Roma was inconsolable last night. Thierry, is ilaali saxib :D

Fabregas   

nuune, italians are gettin betta though.....they just need more players that can actually run and are not on the verge of 35...

Barca looks good lakin.....if i am not mistake when they lost to manu last season messi was out......markan henry, eto, messi are all on form.............

arsenal is gonna get liverpool in the quarters 3-1 :D

NGONGE   

^^ The only three teams that worry me (as a Liverpool follower) are Bayern, Porto and Chelsea. All the rest are attacking teams and we usually do well against attacking teams.