Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

Abtigiis   

By the way, I like Nuune. He is more or less like the ESPN sport commentator J. Smyth. Kolba qoladda dhalisa ayuu la jiibiyaa. :D

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

quote:Originally posted by Faataa-dhugle 2020:

In fact, history also tells us that stand-in players sometimes do miracles. Yaya Toure will move to the midfield and that is a plus. Buyol and Marquez might be back and Henry will upfront. I think, Man U will be outplayed and beaten. Let us wait and see. Man u are not physical as Chelsea, and Barca can do well with teams that play the ball. Barca's problem is with teams that are physical. So, the worst is over for them.

That is what I thought, and tell me what happened last night?!! Man U have won the premier league by making sure that they beat small teams while others faltered. Otherwise, Arsenal took four points from them and Liverpool beat them home and away. I think chelsea too did the same.

It believe had Alves and Abidal played last night, Barca would have lost. It is this attack-minded players who run off their positions mindlessly and expose the team. The aging Sylvinho and Puyol sit back and denied Man U any chance. Next year, Real madrid with florentino perez in charge will reign again. liverpool and Arsenal will be strenghthened, maybe the Italians. So Man U will have to wait some more years for any glory. I am in the 13th cloud.
:D
lol, that's stretching a bit, mate. Didn't you see Puyol get forward.He could have nicked a couple of goals. Even silvinho came forward on occasions. The game was lost in the centre mid, sxb. I don't know if you've been watching man u lately, but the centre mid can't run, and liverpool, porto, spurs, aston villa, even wigan all gave them a good game. The only guy that can run is Anderson, but he's crap.

Abtigiis   

Al-zeylaci, they did go forward only occasionally, not every miunte like Alves. The game was lost because Barca is technically superior to Man U. If Man U could stop Barca from passing the ball ( as they did in the first 10 minutes when they camped in the 18 area of barcelona) Barca would have been finished. But they give them the space to pass and they were done.

I agree with you on the Man U mid though. Only this morning I was telling a friend that there are only 4-5 good players in the whole ManU team and the rest are covered. The goalkeeper, EVRA, ROONEY, RONALDO and TEVEZ are the good ones. The rest will struggle to find a place in any other team. Meesha waa la isku dhex dhuumanayaa. Rio is not better than his brother in Sunderland if exposed. But he is rarely attacked. Vidic is always turned inside out by all strikers. Oshe is average.

BOB   

Every English football fan and his dog says that Barca have a weak defense yet they don't have the balls to attack...I wonder how they'd expect to expose their weakness while sitting back?

Chelsea were cowards with their 'Lucky Guus' in both legs and they paid the price for it and Man Utd got lucky last season but you'd expect some one like Ferguson to know that lightening doesn't strike twice...but he thought Park, Anderson, Carrick and Giggs could stop arguably the most lethal quartet in Xavi (Maestro) Iniesta (The 2nd Best player on the planet) Messi (Numero Uno) and Henry (He may not have been fit but still managed to remind Rio who used to rule the roots by exposing the average player that he really is) he should've scored it for every Arsenal fan but still we are ELATED for him.

I don't know how many people know that Barcelona really put teams under pressure when not in possession they chase the ball hard and in twos or even in threes and when you have average players in the middle which is something most english teams have there is every chance that you will loose possession...the two goals conceded by United both came from their intense pressure...first they attacked Carrick and what did he do...surrend possession easily and boy did they pay the price for it and the second goal Evra ( Who were the boys last night then?) gave the ball away so cheap that you'd think he was playing for Muufo instead of History...bloody dameer.

I know most people would point their finger at Ronaldo but in all honesty he was by miles Td's best player last night...he was selfish but then again he was their best bet...Alex Ferguson should've played his normal 4-4-2 with Tevez and Rooney up front and let Ronaldo play his normal wing position and last not least Man Utd lost the trophy at the Emirates when Fletcher was sent off ( He would've done so much better job than Carrick, Anderson and the 100 years old Giggs) and Barca won it at the Bridge...Chelsea fans must feel gutted now for thinking that cup should've been ours instead but would their team out played Utd last night...I doubt it.

Congrats to Barca...Thanks for silencing and humiliating the bloody English Pride in front of the world...I Love Football. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

WingA   

^^ your all right, we embrassed ourselfs and the premier league..

United were super confident and so was i. when you got Andrés Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Eto and Henry taking the mickey for 90 min you got be humble in defeat..

We got 3 out 5 titles so i'm happy with the season and we got silverware in the bag so bring on next season..

PS.. WELL DONE BARCELONA FOR THE HISTORIC TREBLE.. BUT NEVER FORGET WHO DONE IT FIRST LADS.. ;)

BOB   

I think I've heard or read somewhere (I could be wrong) that Glasgow Celtic, Ajax and PSV did it before Utd have in 99...!

Peace, Love & Unity.

WingA   

if they took the Champions League too i would be very suprised but i doubt it coz i remember it well from 99 that it was the first time any team won the league, domestic cup and european cup..

I didn't gloat enough of the demise of the so-called 'great' Man U, so let me......ahhhhhhhh!

They've been taught a lesson in every way. From ethos to how the game should be played. Hahahah!

Now, before the Champions League there was a European cup, and it was pretty much the same, but only the name has been changed. So anyone who won it 3 or 4 times before has the record. It is like Eufa cup to Europa league. Part and parcel of the same thing.

Apart from the League cup and the Carling cup, I don't see anything else here. The so-called Club World Championship is a mockery. And beating teams from Japan, weak Latin American teams and Al-Ahli doesn't make you the best team in the world.

Let's get Barca, Milan, R Madrid, the heavyweights in there and see if United do become the Club World Champion.

Barca on the other hand, is definitely more than a club.

This club pays money to charity (Unicef) and have their name on their shirts. Come on. Barca is entirely owned by its supporters and they decide pretty much everything that the club does.

When talking about how Premiership teams are run, Barca President said, 'the English supporters have now become customers, rather than supporters' and that is how things have gone wrong here. If the team's performance is filling up the deep pockets of its owners, it is fine. If not, it is up for sale and God knows what else.

Btw, Man U are £700m in debt. And have paid £69m on interest alone last year on their debt. How long before they become another Leeds?

Sorry, did I mention that there is another United - a breakaway side called FC United. I think they might have a better chance than this lot now. So, reer Man U, bus-ku inta aanu idinka tegin, dabada qabsadha, hee.

WingA   

Now, you talk of demise and a whole lot of nonsense.. United lost the Champions League that they won 12 months ago..

United are premier league champions and they did it 2 weeks before the season finished so if we are so rubbish how was that possible??

United had a mere set back and will bounce back next season as champions going for european glory.. The same way chelsea took the premier league to another level when the special one came along is the same way barcelona have rised the bar in european football..

I have been a catalan fan since the romario days and i wasnt suprised with barca because i watched all season with their new coach.. i was worried before the game and rightly so..

Great teams aways bounce back and i'm not fussed because in football anything is possible..