Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

Fabregas   

OZ;

does Uefa have something against english teams? maybe.

Did Uefa favour and orchestra the game by:

not awarding barcelona two penalities in the first game,

reducing Barcelona to ten men when they were losing.

come on, i am not having that rubbish. that's typical english whinging.

and how the hell did the refree make the game harder by sending off one of chelsea players. come one, sxb, the reason why it got harder was because chelsea wanted to park the bus instead of going for the second goal- but barcelona got their goal, however poor they played.

yeah, refree had shocker, but so have many other refrees and I don't think it had anything to do with being anti english or the refree wanting chelsea to lose as result of some platini conspiracy.

Abtigiis   

NG,

It happened before. Cameroun shut out Argentina with Maradona by putting 7 men after every ball. I don't blame Barca for not opening up. They were not perfect, and Alves's crosses were terrible. 70% possession is not an insult, not a disgrace. What about the team that hadn't seen the ball for 70% of the time at HOME?

NGONGE   

^^ That team had the best of the attacks. Looked the more likely to score and defended well. The ref cost them the game. Barca were utter rubbish and will lose to United in the final.

Abtigiis   

That is a statement and you are entitled to say so as much as you want to say. It may lose or may not lose, this is football. But, I think Barca are better than Man U.

NGONGE   

^^ They are better to watch but history tells us different. Apart from beating Arsenal in the 2006 final (and even then they struggled), Barca have found it difficult to beat English teams (not unless they got help from the ref). Add to that the fact that Barca will be missing most of their defenders in the final and you can easily see what a walk on this is going to be for United.

Abtigiis   

In fact, history also tells us that stand-in players sometimes do miracles. Yaya Toure will move to the midfield and that is a plus. Buyol and Marquez might be back and Henry will upfront. I think, Man U will be outplayed and beaten. Let us wait and see. Man u are not physical as Chelsea, and Barca can do well with teams that play the ball. Barca's problem is with teams that are physical. So, the worst is over for them.

Oz   

^^ I think Man U will try the same sort of tactics as Chelsea due to the fact that anyone who tries to actually play football against Barca, (thus letting Barca play as well,) will get torn apart.

Al-zee, this is bigger than football only those who are up there know what really happened. as for me I believe that was conspiracy against english teams.

Abtigiis   

conspiracy theory that knows Iniesta will strike at the 94 minute???? Conspiracy theories are for the weak. how did the refree knew barca will equalise at the last minute?

Fabregas   

ok, bro, i don't understand. It was a global conspiracy which was orchestrated by the french freemasons- who conducted a magic ceremony at the refrees house.

And just to balance things out they denied barcelona two potential penalities, sent one of their men off and instructed one of their players to score a beauty in the dying seconds. haye.

good day.

nuune   

Too many excuses by the SOLers of britain and its commonwealth buddies smile.gif

UEFA also orchestrated da Lpool & Chelsea match last year!!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by nuune:

UEFA also orchestrated da Lpool & Chelsea match last year!!

It was the same bloody ref!

I will be surprised if Barca beat Man Utd but I will be rooting for them anyway.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

Too many excuses by the SOLers of britain and its commonwealth buddies
smile.gif

Bal ninkan racistaha ah aniga muxuu igu gali awoowgii la jannee...agaa? :D

Nuune iyo Al Zeylaci...ragga sidaas looma foorjeeyo oo ka daba hara markaan or otherwise we will have another hanging like the one in Kenya and you two will be blamed. :D

I swear a friend of mine jumped as high as I have seen any one jump from a sitting position when Barca scored and he was supposed to be a Gooner and after I asked him what he was doing..he replied...I can't stand the thought of Chelsea winning the champs league before we do... :D:D:D

PS. What I would like to remind people who are calling Drogba all sorts of names is...What would've Rooney done in a same situation?

:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

aahh uuhh ihhh, now am back to normality after that atrocious/brutal last minute goal.. jeez!! We do have so many anti-chelski around.

I do understand the frustration coming from Arsenal fans (the fact the can't stand Chelsea fc becoming the UEFA champions before them) but GOD forbid. :D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ They are better to watch but history tells us different. Apart from beating Arsenal in the 2006 final (and even then they struggled), Barca have found it difficult to beat English teams (not unless they got help from the ref). Add to that the fact that Barca will be missing most of their defenders in the final and you can easily see what a walk on this is going to be for United.

Stuff you and your nonsens