Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

NGONGE   

^^ Barca are the weakest team on their side of the draw (don't listen to the hype). They'll get done by Bayern (and if not, they will sure get done by the winner of Liv/Chl). No final for Barca and no final for Arsenal (though they gunners have a better chance on their side of the draw).

Thierry.   

Come on Ngonge

We all know that if you keep it tight against Liverpool for 60 mins they will calm down from the hyper frantic start and loose the game even Fake Madrid got back in the last 20 mins.

Bayern are without their key stricker klose for 6 weeks and Barca play better football than Chelsea who will beat you with Drogba and the man of the moment Essien

nuune   

Full semi-final draw:

Man Utd or Porto v Villarreal or Arsenal

Bayern Munich or Barcelona v Liverpool or Chelsea

The bolded to come to final :D

Abtigiis   

I fancy Porto to upset Man U. Both teams are technical, and that suits the more techincally endowed Portugese. A bit of heart over head too, there.

Arsenal WILL go through. Liverpool and Chelsea (too difficult to tell)- I think it will go to Penalties. I would have said Liverpool, but luck is always with *** Hiddinik.

Bayern will demolish Barca. Barca's defence is useless. I saw that with Lyon.

WingA   

Originally posted by QuadYearUnited:

the draw is friday, does anyone know who will be seeded or which teams that will not face eachother in the quarters?

i dont care who united yet but i do prefer porto..lool..

What did i tell you?? I'm happy with the draw and possible Man Utd Vs Arsenal in semi's man its kool.. i cant wait..

Oz   

Worst draw we could of got. for me they are the best team left in the CL. and , if we do beat Pool, we have prolly Barca waiting for us. way to do it the HARD way! *Sigh*

PS:It will be hard game for both teams their no easy ride!! It will be another tight game in both legs'' Both teams have strong defence.

N.O.R.F   

Well well well. What happened last night? Utd with a banana skin game in Porto and Arsenal look good (if only they would actually believe they coul win this).

Bring on the Blues tonight. 2.45am kick off for me

Abtigiis   

Man U is yet to convince me why I should take them as big team this year. Always lucky in draws, easy goals etc. It is not a good team. I predicted Porto and Arsenal to go through, and they look on course. Liverpool will hopefully do well tonight, and Bayern will pass by Barcelona. Then I will see if the fake moderators like Norf still think I am Pro in Jabadaan and not in football!

WingA   

^^United dont have to convince nobody.. we are having defending problems due to Rio being injured and i know we'll have to on top form to beat porto in the return leg..

dont forget United have played more games then any team in the europe and have used 32 players this season so let the haters do their thing so sit back and enjoy the run-in..

Abtigiis   

Rio Ferdinand is useless. He is very suspect. The only good side of ManU is the attack, which is really good. The midfield is average, and the back hopeless. You will see that if ManU didn't sign new players, they will reach nowhere with the ones they have now. Any team that attacks them can beat them. So far, luck and the fear factor that stopped other teams from attacking saved them.

N.O.R.F   

Didn't see the game but WHAT HAPPENED? Safe to say we are out. We can concentrate on the Prem now. Hope Man Utd make it through and see what it is like to face a fellow English team in the semis (assuming Gunners make it). Mentally tough and tiring.

Bayern will pass by Barcelona. Then I will see if the fake moderators like Norf still think I am Pro in Jabadaan and not in football!

One down (don't bother saying Bayern will turn it around). If Porto don't make it you might as well give up on predicting games/ties saxib.

Faheema.   

The pudlians got trashed last night :Dicon_razz.gif

I was impressed with the Gunners performance the other night, esp. the second half. So I say they have a preey good chance with the home game.

Thierry.   

It was very simple task for Chelsea shut down Gerrard and we will be through and Essien the beast didnt let him breath, Torres was good but received no support in the second half.