Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

BOB   

As a Gooner I don't envy Ronaldo one bit but what I would like to see is Arsene get 'ANGRY' and be bothered when he looses matches like a certain Alex.

I wasn't expecting anything from these boys why? because realistically speaking I knew and accepted that we were NO MATCH for any of the three other semifinalists..be it player by player or in depth squad.

What does it tell you when Man Utd chooses to field the likes of Park, Flethcher and Anderson and leave Barbetov, Tevez, Giggs, Scholes on the bench in Champions league semi-final and still win ridiculously EASY?

Arsene and Arsenal CHOSE not give themselves the best chance possible to win trophies by purchasing young players who lack experience and heart when it breally matters...it's one thing beating the Hull Cities, Man Cities and Stoke Cities and entirely different ball game competing with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd who CHOSE to give themselves the best chance by mixing youth with edxperience.

Arsene I'm sorry mate...but you should've been embarrassed and annoyed when your foe in Mr Fegie defended you out of pity as he realized that you were no longer a threat but a mere joke to him.

Rest In Peace Farsenal...along with Newcastle Utd.

PS. I feel sorry for Gibbs and Almunia.

Peace, Love & Unity.

dont' be so quick to give up on them .. yet, and in all honesty i like it that we have the 'different' team, i.e. no starlets and on fire young-guns (when they bother to draw). but you're right, we need old hags with experience.

My feeling tonight was that there was no one to inspire and lead on the pitch. whether that is the fault in arsen or the team i dunno, but they looked to be suffering stage fright with no one to direct.

BOB   

Man Utd knew if they managed to stabalise Fabregas or Nasri then Arsenal were no threat that's why Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick were so quick to close them down whenever they were in possession...I've never seen Cesc mispalce so many simple passes because there was always one of those three or two of them at once hurrying him up.

Marka fair play to Man Utd for consistently stopping Arsenal from playing because they knew we don't have plan B once teams figure out how to counter our game plan by playing physical game.

Man Utd fully DESERVED to go through...now I hope Thierry Henry will win the only missing medal from his bulging trophy cabinet...he deserves it.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

smile.gif

Nuune...I hate the british press because they are RACISTS and BIAS...how daft is this reporter by accusing Adebayor of 'Disgrace' when he haven't had a one decent pass the whole two legs? Arsenal as a team were DISGRACE from boardroom to players...full stop because football is a team sport and you win as a team and you lose as a team but I bet his drunkard behind believes Ronaldo alone could've defeated Arsenal without him ever needing the help of his other 10 teamates. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

BOB, lool, yeah you can say Patrice Evra is a racist too.

This is what he said right after the game, and would cause alot of trouble as forcasted

"We are 11 men, they are 11 children, this is the difference. We are much more mature and have more confidence." sayd Evra

But true to be told, Adebayor was a disaster for the whole season, ignition ayuu u baahanyahay koronto lagu daaro!

Fabregas   

Arsene wenger is a real clown......... oh boy, don't even get me started on that hip hop wannabe, niko dancing, showboater,mr i love my earings- Adebayor. Wenger should have sold him for the 40 million that AC milan were reported to be offering- as it is clear his heart is not at arsenal. and who is this sonng and jarou and zulu iyo balayo?

but most of the blame must go to mr french fries for selling all the experienced players, having blind faith in youth- and playing 4t9 midgets. the team which had viera, edu, keown, etc, were a bunch of grafters, all 6ft and they had the worst disciplinary record in the league. Arsenal Wenger sold all of them and replaced with a bunch of utz- who are all weakling and too nice on the pitch. give Wenger 60 million and ultimatum of success next season or sack him. simple as that. rant khalas.

Oz   

^^ :D you had so much hope eh.. Man Utd were brilliant tonight, fantastic display, Rooney, Ronaldo and Evra all played really well but the unsung hero for United is Park, good wisdom of Ferguson giving him a new deal.

I also think Wenger is an outstanding manager, and he and Fergie, are rightly appreciating each other at last, as they are BOTH great managers...(rather than this pathetic tit-for-tat slanging match they've had going on for the last few years...possibly sub-consciously egged on by the media perhaps....)

Wenger has an outstanding record of bringing youth through the system and constantly amazes everyone with his ability every year to produce a skillful young team...it's all to do with the stability at the club and it's infrastructure over the years that Wenger (and his backroom staff) have established.

I'm seeing people especially Arsenal fans - starting to make a few rumblings about 'spending' and getting in experienced personnel in to compliment the youngsters jeez..don't ya think he'd love to do that...but due to the financial constraints imposed by moving to The Emirates~his hands are tied HE'S GOT NOTHING TO SPEND!!

It's OK impatient Arsenal fans saying 'They've gotta bite the bullet and spend or borrow more 'but that was always a long term plan. I have to say though that Arsenal did miss Arshavin tonight, though it probably wouldn't have affected the result tonight.

PS: With 38,000 Blue fans behind us we have a very good chance of advancing, bring it on barca.

Ronaldo's freekick.

N.O.R.F   

^will they get free flags again?

Man Utd destroyed Arsenal. Hats off to them.

Arsenal need to realise they won't be playing against Newcastle and Blackburn every week. I predict a walk out in the summer.

Just hope they do better at Old Trafford next week.

Fabregas   

@OZ, yes, wenger has had some money to spend, albeit not at the same level as man utd and chelsea. Ramsey, an unproven 17 year old cost 5 million, Walcott, cost i think more than 10 million, Reyes cost more money, Diaby etc. Samir Nasri cost more than 11 million. And the likes of Henry, Hleb, diarra....have been sold for nice money.

Don't listen to the rubbish that Arsene wenger did not have no money. if he wanted any player, the board would have given him the money like they did with arshavin. But Wenger, being the stubborn man he is, believed his youngsters could win the league and champions league. He actually believed this, despite everyone else pointing out the obvious. hence he let go of Hleb, Flamini and Diarra because he believed the youngsters could replace them. The man could have easily find a nice DM for 10 million pounds on the european continent. he had the money last summer- yet he admitted that he didn't really want to buy any mdfldrs as he didn't want to scupper the chances of players like denilson, song, abu diaby. but this players are crap. not good enough at the top level.

of course people will turn around and say that they are spending all their money on the stadium- but wth is staudium, oz, if fabregas leaves when arsenal fail to win anything next season. you think these young players will stick around after 5-6 or no trophies? Wenger has 2 go or spend some money this season.

(ps. the above was just some friendly banter before the match- realistically i knew arsenal had little chance after their "boys" they were bullied by both liverpool and chelsea in recent games).