Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

Fabregas   

what a game. if only reina had kept Drogbas goal out.......liverpool had them and chelsea were panicking all over the place.

PS.hoos= AT?

Oz   

Stop the "if's" and the "buts" Great game. Chelsea just had that little bit of extra quality.

Liverpool have agreed a £20 million ransom fee with Michael Essien for the safe return of Steven Gerrard.

all in all 'Fair play to Liverpool, regardless of the outcome of this match'.

N.O.R.F   

The commentator made me laugh last night when comparing Liverpool and Chelsea fans.

"The Chelsea fans are handed free flags at the gate but the Liverpool fans bring their own" LoL

Abtigiis   

I knew Liverpool can score 4, and will concede goals but 4 was too much. Luck is with Hiddinik and the refree was compensating for awarding liverpool a penalty. Too many useless freekicks. But again, the mad Mascherano was playing. Liverpool minus Mascherano and Lucas can conquer the world!! All the way with the Reds!!!

Go Gunners for the UEFA champions. I will not support them if they don't beat ManU in the premeir league. It is conditional support.

Fabregas   

OZ, there are no ifs and buts. Look how chelsea were playing before the lucky Brogba goal: all the momentum was with liverpool. Yes, they showed a quality. But it would have been more interesting with 20 or 30 minutes to go and liverpool still only needing a goal, I would have fancied liverpool.

regarding Essien and Gerard, i think the latter is a better and more all around player.

^^ yeah, i noticed the refree was running to give every little tug.

As a neutrol it was a pleasure to watch. Am sure the whole world wanted Liverpool to pull off the impossible, not just to overturn a 1 - 3 first leg loss but to do it all over again once they have gone 2-3 down. Chealsea minus Lampard and Drogba woulld have folded in that game.

Well done Liverpool, am sure Barca wanted to play Chelski.

Oz   

^^ stop whinning yaa NORF!

Outstanding match. Hats off to both teams :cool:

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

OZ, there are no ifs and buts. Look how chelsea were playing before the lucky Brogba goal: all the momentum was with liverpool. Yes, they showed a quality. But it would have been more interesting with 20 or 30 minutes to go and liverpool still only needing a goal, I would have fancied liverpool.

AL zee, drogba's flick was superb,put to bed any notion of Chelsea/Liverpool games being boring, they have been in the past but that was one of the best games I've ever seen and will live long in the memory.

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

regarding Essien and Gerard, i think the latter is a better and more all around player.

offcourse his better.

I expected for you to say : Fantastic game..well done to both teams...cracking advert for the English games :D

N.O.R.F   

This is whats on the mind of Liverpool fans today.

hillsboroughremembered_080409.gif

I was but a 10 year old playing football just down the road when police, fire and ambulances were everywhere. Tragic day.

WingA   

^^ shouldnt you put on another thread mate.. and maybe you can express yourself better..

Lastnights game was great and i didnt care who won the game.. i just wanted goals and drama and that exactly what i got..

Paragon   

Originally posted by Norf 2:

Chelsea are a bunch of divers!

I know. It was evident yesterday, esp. with Drogba. Show off!

N.O.R.F   

^LoL

Winger, I Rio is back for tonight. Should be good. I just Hope Arsenal make it through. They are my CL team on condition they beat Man Utd in a few weeks.

Oz   

Originally posted by Paragon:

quote:Originally posted by Norf 2:

Chelsea are a bunch of divers!

I know. It was evident yesterday, esp. with Drogba. Show off!
Paragon, Drogba was his usual whinging disgraceful self though he was one of the best performers on the pitch for the night.

riberymessi_get500000.jpg

^^^ SEE YOU NEXT YEAR?

The end of the game and Ribery has a word with Lionel Messi. Could they become team-mates soon?