Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Premiership 2008/2009

N.O.R.F   

Waryaara, walee waxaad noqoteen anti-LFC baryahan. Nuune, I expected better from you saxib laakin Ngonge waabu kasiidaray. We play good football but are obviously more defensive minded. 2 good goals on Sat.

BG, join LFC saxib :cool:

nuune   

Norf, lol, sxb I would be happy if Lpool stay on top by the end of December.

Reemeber the next 4-5 games are not big teams, then again Lpool lose to smaller teams always.

Imagine, beating United, then drawing with Stoke, and beating Chelsea then Spurs beating you.

They need to build up and keep the momentum.

Abtigiis   

^ That is called lack of consistency. Trademark Arsenal thing. It is a sign of a team which is average, but has the potential to surprise big teams. Not the otherway round.

Oz   

Losing Flamini was huge for a team with little bite in the middle, nevertheless going in full tilt with all the youngsters would be a highly risky move as they would find the EPL a far different proposition than the Carling Cup with all due respect to their obvious talents. I would be looking to bring in a quality defensive mid (selling Diarra was not a good move) and a top class CB, easier said than done though.

Fabregas   

@Norf, support livepool a? abowe boninga waxa la dela Afrikanka le. ;) Liverpool is supported by every asian I know. :D Arsenal is da team for Afrikaans. BTW, I was a newcastlE supporter until a few years ago. ha ha.

nuune   

^^ He is total disgrace, I don't know who made him captain at first!

And Arsenal will lose to City today :D

nuune   

^^ Arsenal needs English Captain, even the support the wider public had for Arsenal is long lost cuz of the foreign influx :D

Edit: Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City :D

Newcastle earned shared point with Chelsea as it ended 0-0.

And Liverpool drew with Fulham, dissapointin match, final score 0-0

Oz   

^^ So... are you now a blue fan! we wouldn't mind welcoming another pirate to stanford bridge ey :D

Very disappointing not to come with all three points on the weekend. We were clearly the superior team and should have done better, although credit to Newcastle and Shay Given as they came to Stanford bridge for a point and got it.

Good to see the Coles (J&A) back in action and they are sure to be improved by the outing which bodes well for the next few games.

Overall with Arsenal, Pool and ManU all dropping points it wasn't a bad day as it could have been.

nuune   

BBC Sports.

Former Arsenal defender Lee Dixon says William Gallas has no future at the club unless he responds positively to being disciplined by Arsene Wenger.

Gallas was stripped of the captaincy and dropped for the Manchester City game after criticising team-mates.

"As manager you want to see a positive reaction and if you don't get one then I can't see him staying," said Dixon.

"Whether he plays for Arsenal again is down to Gallas and no-one else. How does he react?"

Gallas, 31, trained in London on Saturday as the team lost 3-0 at Manchester City, but he could return to the side for Arsenal's Champions League tie at the Emirates against Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.

Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia took over captaincy duties in his absence but Cesc Fabregas has been touted as a long-term replacement.

Gallas' captaincy has been under scrutiny since Arsenal's match against Birmingham last season where the Frenchman kicked an advertising hoarding and stood in the other half of the pitch as James McFadden scored a last-minute penalty. Wenger said at the start of the season that Gallas was his best choice because he didn't have anybody naturally pushing him for the spot

Lee Dixon

And in last week's outburst he accused some team-mates of in-fighting, insulting behaviour and lacking bravery.

Dixon, who played for Arsenal for 14 years, said that he has spoken to Wenger about Gallas' leadership before.

And while he accepts that Gallas' comments had an element of truth to them, he maintains the former Chelsea defender was wrong to vent his frustrations publicly.

"I asked Wenger earlier in the season about Gallas being captain because I had been critical of him in the past about how he goes about the role," Dixon said.

"Let's not forget he is an excellent defender and I've not got a problem with that, but I just felt as if he was not helping the team and I asked Wenger about it.

"He said at the start of the season when the issue cropped up that Gallas was his best choice because he didn't have anybody naturally pushing him for the spot.

"He also felt that taking it off him at that stage would not be good for him as a player.

"To be fair what Gallas has said is not a million miles away from the truth, I'm sure that privately Wenger is going 'well I kind of agree with quite a lot of it'.

"The area where Gallas has let himself down is coming out and saying it in the press."

606: DEBATE

He must be shown the door now because he will be even more of a disruption now he has lost the captaincy and he knows that the players went to Wenger to complain about him

GoonerRob

Dixon was part of an English core at Arsenal including defenders Tony Adams, Nigel Winterburn, Steve Bould and Martin Keown as well the likes of striker Ian Wright when Wenger arrived as manager in 1996.

But despite questioning the number of experienced players in the current side, Dixon believes that Wenger still values strong leadership in his team.

"One of the things he said when he came into Arsenal was that he loved the mix of English and foreign influence and he liked that English spirit in the dressing room," said Dixon.

"Now he hasn't got that and that's crept up on him but you could say you saw it coming. People say he's anti-English, he's not at all. There are English players in the squad and some young ones coming through but I think the fact that he hasn't got the older English pro in the dressing room is a problem.

"I know he values team spirit and leadership but how it has crept up on him, I'm not too sure. I know him and I know what he likes in his team and to see a team that has not got that is a surprise to me."

I wonder what the Chelski fans are saying now?

That bloody referee, eh' :D

I'm still hopefull of the title - we could be underdogs, everyone has written us off, time to concentrate on beating big and small teams, i say

Com'on Gunners!

Cheers