Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Premiership 2008/2009

Oz   

Originally posted by B_G:

but most teams who win leagues and world cups have the guyz that do the dirty work: the likes Makelele, Keane, Gattuso, and so on and so forth. Arsenal need a Mascherno type players. When Arsenal won titles, they had the likes of Edu, Petit, Viera, Parlous, etc. He(Wenger) sold them all and even got rid of flamini, who was probably the best players last season.

Now you have some attacking minded players like Nasri, Denilson, fabregas, Ramsey, Walcot, who are all good players-but rubbish at defending when under pressure. I have a feeling that Wenger might have realised his mistake and will bring some defensive players in January;otherwise, good bye to the league. And don't get me started on Gallas and the clowns at the back.

A.W knew this, but since his an economists, he'd rather make more money than spending it.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by B_G: Horta, ma la baday what drugz liverpool have been taken this season? That city has a reputation, u know
:D:D

I hear its a Spanish herbal tea.

Oz   

Whoa!! Excellent win and overall great weekend for us. Funny thing this is football, a week ago we lost our home record and top spot, a week later we're smashing 5 past S'land and moving back to the top. Have to thank Liverpool for liberating us to attack at home, blessing in disguise :D:D

Arsenal, that's three losses in 11 games. When was the last time that happened at the beginning of the season? Lots of things for Wenger to contemplate and please no excuses this time for Arsene. This is as low as Arsenal have been in well over a decade.

Spuds beating the scousers :D Pool has been winning a few games with a 1 goal margin. If that's all what the team usually scores, then the defence will have to be tip-top. Your lot will have to put the balls away when given the chances. This is a clear example of how a team can be punished even if they play reasonably well but without scoring enough goals.

You're still depending too much on Stevie G. Pool has not exactly found another player to assume the responsibilities. Stevie G should be playing at about the peak of his career. He cannot be all over the pitch forever. In one or two seasons time he will start to slow down in his playing style. Either you find someone to take over his responsibilities or the team has to share it collectively. True, you have won some games without him but I think that's not exactly on a consistent basis.

This is your best start compared to other seasons. Stay with the pack and you still have a good chance to lift the elusive title. Don't screw it up.

N.O.R.F   

^I couldn't believe it saxib. Typical Liverpool. As soon as November starts we start losing. Long way to go yet but if we are there in Feb/March then we could be in with a good chance.

Oz   

^^ What do you think of the blues Sxb. I know the game was boohring and still they scored 5 goals.

Paragon   

^That 15 touch pass leaving only Gallas out culminating in one superb goal was indeed testiment to Arsenal's beautiful game!

After all things are said and done, I guess the prof. got game...

Sad to report that in Upton Park today the only consolation we had was the 'invitation of Obama' to come watch the game with the hammers, having visited our pitch before :D .

West Ham invites Obama to Upton Park

West Ham are inviting Barack Obama to a match of his choice at Upton Park. The American president-elect attended a Hammers game with relatives five years ago. He is not the first world figure to back a Premier League side - Osama bin Laden and The Queen apparently both follow Arsenal.

Nov. 7, 08:29

Here

Oz   

Fergie came looking for a win and Wenger said "Not in my house!". For the scousers that's what many expected.

Chelsea vs Blackburn. Sunday

Thierry.   

We are still not going to win the title this year but those kind of games is the reason my name is Thierry :D

Paragon with a Westham logo what has the world come to, when the idealist and philosophers become footie fans

nuune   

^^ It is time Paragon shows his real other side, now we know he is a Hammer, wot a world!

Well done Arsenal, I just love United to be trashed, you sleep tight then :D

Lpool doin its kinkies

Paragon   

Thiery.... 'we're blowing bubbles, they fly so high they reach the sky!'

I've always been a hammer sxb...but sometimes all the emotions of losing betrays me to dorn the logo smile.gif . Now it's off lol.

Nuune, the first time I did for Cadaan when he was in Upton Park was to have him take a pic of the stadium in Greet Street. That shows, innit? smile.gif

NGONGE   

Norf, good to see Liverpool are still top but they were as dull as ever, saaxib. Why oh why can they not play like Arsenal or United? Grrrrrrr!

nuune   

It is very true Liverpool don't display classic football, the quality is lost when they play crap and win at the end.

If they want to stay top, they need to work hard, I hope Norf undrstands Lpool weakeness.