Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Quality of quantity?

interesting question... i suppose in many way the old somali thinking of having many is in decline....but what if they die? my personal view is the more children you have the better. but if its gonna make your wife fat and lazy, as is so often the case...i'd rather not, you know. but that can be overcome by marrying a ripe 18 yr old when you like 52.

Tallaabo   

wyre;862316 wrote:
Inaad Qabiil noqoto haddaad rabto cayaal badan dhaaf aw0owe
:D

It would be good if our lifespan was long enough to enjoy presiding over our genetic clans. But what is the use of leaving a whole clan behind when you had already died and forgotten about? Your children and grandchildren may pray for you but honestly how many people remember their great grandfather?

Juxa   

^^ hahahahha, we have to replace those lost at war soomaha

ps: all the men are misinformed. the more kids a woman has, the skinnier she will be as she has to run after them, provide them, cook, clean etc courtesy to stream of usefull (not) men

Having 5 succesful children is possible it all depends on how much time and effort the parents put into all of their children. Stay at home mothers can also have succesful children.

Juxa   

Apophis,

my point is, people do not understand how hard it is to raise children. the women i know have lost weight, not gain. btw gym is pain grrrrrrrrrrr

Blue, working mothers can also have successful children. as you said it is all about finding the right balance and investing time and effort on your children.

Blessed   

^ the trouble starts when she eats their leftovers, all 6 of them. LOL. How is the gym going?

hear, hear@ the right balance and determination. I've just read about a young girl from 'qoys balaadhan' oo heshay 8 A*s and 4 As in her GCSEs, us Somalis just turn these notions of 'cultural and economic capital' on the head, sometimes.

Juxa;862338 wrote:
Blue, working mothers can also have successful children. as you said it is all about finding the right balance and investing time and effort on your children.

I was pointing out that not only working parents can have succesful children as the article was stating but that parents who are not that rich and where the mother is a stay at home parent can also have succesful children.

Juxa   

having children waa full time job, i agree Blue. ama guriga ka shaqee ama banaanka ama both. may allah bless mothers, specially somali ones as majority of them are simply super humans juggling 100 things.

shift is over, salaams

i would also like to add that somali mothers are largely to blame for this new crop of degenerate bad children. she must attend to their emotional as well as physical needs. raising your children right and you are a good mother; raise them bad but don't blame it all on their fathers.

I'm from a family of 7 children and we've managed just fine. All of my closest relatives have families of similar size yet we've produced about a half dozen ivy league graduate students and pretty much everyone has a career of some sort (trades, medicine, engineering etc). It may sound like I'm bragging, but I'm just re-iterating the point that 'successful' families don't have to consist of two working parents with 1 child. We didn't get too many luxuries in our childhood, but we were a strong family. That said, I'll gouge out my eyeballs before I have more than 2 kids :D