Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Ethiopian PM Meles Zenawi dies after illness

tutu   

ElPunto;859100 wrote:
Gaining and maintaing power at what expense - massacres, mayhem, mass displacement, suicide bombings, beheadings, fighting a US backed and funded army in your already ruined capital? What sort of organization are you and what sort of leadership do you have that makes that sort of sacrifice to 'gain and maintain power'? Can you claim moral superiority, Islamic character, justice and peace, working of the interest of the people etc.? Come on.

I

If they truly cared about Somalis then these men wouldn't have acted in this manner. They are nothing more than wolfs in sheeps clothing

Elpunto, I don't think you're getting the argument Chimera is trying to put forth. He didn't say he supports the scrupulous ways the hypothesised Egyptian organisation may resort to after unjustified invasion (you've subtly insinuated that in your above qoute). But the gist of his arguement is if it's post-invasion ways of clinging to power renders it's past accomplishment useless.

Of course the individuals that comprised ICU took different paths after its downfall.

Abwaan   

Maba fahmin waxa looga doodayo ICU. Haddii AY uu ka tirsanaan lahaa ICU, all those who are against them like Mooge, Somalia and Duke waxay dhihi lahaayeen waa mujaahidiin xaq doon ah. Soomaaliya calanka beesha meesha laga lulo ayaa badanaa dad badani aadaan, sheekadu way iska caddahay ...? Likewise dad badan oo support-gareeyey maxkamadaha 2006 qabiil bay ka ahayd. Ma annagaa isku ciyaarayna? Mooge soo saas ma ahan?:D

Somalia   

Abwaan;859134 wrote:
Maba fahmin waxa looga doodayo ICU. Haddii AY uu ka tirsanaan lahaa ICU, all those who are against them like Mooge, Somalia and Duke waxay dhihi lahaayeen waa mujaahidiin xaq doon ah. Soomaaliya calanka beesha meesha laga lulo ayaa badanaa dad badani aadaan, sheekadu way iska caddahay ...? Likewise dad badan oo support-gareeyey maxkamadaha 2006 qabiil bay ka ahayd. Ma annagaa isku ciyaarayna? Mooge soo saas ma ahan?
:D

We don't care about "haddii", we are speaking of facts while you are wondering what if.

LANDER;859010 wrote:
Conqueror,

Do not take for face value what some of these hypocrits like General Duke are writing in here. The likes of him were the biggest cheerleaders to Ethiopia's 2006 invasion of Somalia in the name of tribal pride and actions even the biggest coward would be ashamed to gloat about. Now you see them posturing in here claiming they are ecstatic with the death of the Ethiopian leader. N
one of us may know who's destined for hell but we all know the standing of hypocrits within our deen.

Is funny how Duke loves Faroole, AY and Cade Muse, yet all of those three men I mentioned all glorified Meles Zenawi. Hypocrisy tastes like a crispy chicken for some. :D

Somalia   

Chimera;859082 wrote:
^The old saying:
'Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss

people' seems to apply to you Elpunto. The opening of all those derelict economic assets is a historic fact, it doesn't matter how filthy Indocadde's laundry was, the aforementioned precedents still happened. I cannot dismiss the current TFG just because dubious individuals like Sakin, and others are still clinging on to power. The structure itself - filled with competent patriotic Somalis trying to revive the country - is what I support and this sentiment was the same with the ICU, but not Al-Shabaab, who are unredeemable.

What they became post-invasion has no bearing on the fact that they weren't so in 2006. The ICU was a movement with thousands of members, majority of the courts consisted of various individuals from Somali society, be it teachers, scholars, businessmen, community leaders that are non-existent in the structure of the current Al-Shabaab that is a demonic plague legitimizing its rule through brutal taxation and forced recruitment. A person that disagrees with the invasion that brought Al-Shabaab to the foreground in 2006 and discredited the entire aforementioned societal body is not a 'hypocrite'.

One could negiotate with the ICU, but one can't with Al-Shabaab as various attempts have shown.
The situation in 2006 could have been resolved peacefully through better statesmanship and a visionary approach, but all of that was rendered obsolete the moment those foreign troops entered the country. Now their presence is a reality, and one we have to deal with, but when I point out that the
ICU was a thousand times better than Al-Shabaab, I'm closer to the truth than those that parrot the idea that Abdullahi Yusuf was a nationalist with Somali interests at heart.

The dubious histories of the leaders aside, the organisation itself was similar to those currently in power in Egypt and Libya, and if Israel or Algeria were to dislodge those groups and more extreme versions were to replace them, would the Libyans and Egyptians be hypocrites for opposing those invasions and then accepting reality as it is? No, but they will keep pointing out the differences between the Muslim brotherhoods and the extremists each time someone tries to paint them as one and the same.

Actually no one could have negotiated with them, one could have negotiated with the ARS, which was led by Sheikh Shariif. In 2006 the ICU rejected negotiation.

You believe it was bad to fight them then but good to fight them now even though the leaders of the group are still the same, even though it's still the same fighting wing. Then you by default term this government and Sheikh Shariif to have no Somali interests at heart. Thank you and goodbye.

Mooge   

abwaan reerka abdiqasim waxay u tagerayen ICU because look at the ICU leaders. lol.

abdulahi yusuf dowladnimo inu so celiyu rabey isag siday donto haka noqotee. inuu qabiil la dagalamo ma rabin oo caydiidba hadu helayo inu dowladnimo lagu tagero dagal ma galeen oo madaxweyn bu happy ku ahan laha. ethiopia wuxu AY raadsaday markii dambe oo meshu ku dhumanayey Baydhabo loga daba tegay oo ultimatum la siyey 24 hours inu is dhibo. marku iyagi jebiyeyna dowladiiba kudhufo ka dhaqaq bay ka bixi wayday oo reerki xamar degana iyo xasan xaad ba sida yiri iyo axmed diriye ba halkan ku shiray ba waqtigi ku dhamaday.

bal eeg kuwa cabdiweli malin walba cayaya. cabdiweli meega caruur buu dilay? yuu qarxiyey? waa nin wadanka intuu joogay dadaalay oo shacabka walalihis wax u qabtay. taas ku quus qaado ninyoow oo taas tusaale haku noqoto aad ku deristo somalida siyasadeda.

Somalia   

Abwaan;859144 wrote:
Facts? and You?
Waa iga qoslisey. Goormaad Fact baratayna? xalay?

Oh, I'm sorry I don't speak moryaan lingo.

Abwaan   

So you speak the jir-ri one which is even older than Mo oryaan:D My advice to you? You shouldn't go that route.

And why are you upset? runtu dadka waa ka xanaajisaa.:D

Somalia   

Abwaan, you couldn't argue your case if your life depended on it, so cheer lead people who make it for you, it's in your DNA after all.

No one is upset, I'm simply making my case exposing hypocrites, we've already exposed your support for Qeybdiid but not the TFG, that is munaafiqnimo.

Mooge;859150 wrote:

abdulahi yusuf dowladnimo inu so celiyu rabey isag siday donto haka noqotee. inuu qabiil la dagalamo ma rabin

If Qanyare or Qaybdiid brought 20,000 Ethiopian troops to Garoowe, Qardho and Bosaaso and his supporters said exactly what you said, "Qanyare dowladnimo inu so celiyu rabey isag siday donto haka noqotee. inuu qabiil la dagalamo ma rabin", would you disagree with them or support Qanyare for doing that? Hypothetical scenario.

Abwaan   

Somalia;859155 wrote:
Abwaan, you couldn't argue your case if your life depended on it, so cheer lead people who make it for you, it's in your DNA after all.

No one is upset, I'm simply making my case exposing hypocrites, we've already exposed your support for Qeybdiid but not the TFG, that is munaafiqnimo.

Faanku waa iska dhaqan and why am I even talking to somebody who claims to have born in Galkacyo in 1992?

Somalia   

Abwaan;859157 wrote:
Why am I even talking to somebody who claims to have born in Galkacyo in 1991?

I never claimed neither, you surely do lower yourself but expected given your background... People on this board could confirm my age, but we don't need to divert attention here.

You have a known track record of munaafiqnimo, I therefore hope you start sticking to some principles, I repeat principles, since the word must be new for you.

Editing your comments do not give you a better comeback. :(

Mooge   

conqueror your logic is so silly that it needs no reply ninyoow. go lick whatever you are licking. loool.

equating qanyare with President of Somalia is just being a comedian.