Sign in to follow this  
BoldNewSomali

Bidaar and Marriage

I used to often hear people say "oh no, you're balding, you better get married" to various poor souls out there. I used to laugh and walk away with my full head of awesomely curly hair. But as I invested way too much time into my career and obviously aged over the years, the curse of male pattern balding crept up on me.

Now I'm 29, with an awesome job, a decent education and all sorts of worldly trappings. But I dont have a wife and for the first time in my life I'm super conscious about my look and am paying obligatory bi-weekly trips to the barber to keep a close cropped look up.

Sooner or later the Potemkin Village maintained atop my skull, thanks to these short haircuts, will become untenable as more hair is lost and the hairline races backwards faster than a Jamaican sprinter. The thing that keeps me somewhat happy is the prevalence of 6,7 and even 8-heads, in the Somali populace, instead of the naturally occurring 4-head in the rest of the world :). So I figure, "hey, Im not THAT different".

At any rate, I have a question for our SOL-ers of the fairer sex. How much of a deal breaker is a bidaar, in an otherwise desirable gentleman, when it comes to choosing a suitable mate?

Abtigiis   

Bald New Somali,

Having a bidaar cannot hinder you from marrying a pretty girl; but it will surely stop you from staging a pompous wedding party!! You do not need the scrutiny of her friends in the glare of cameras which pronounce your baldness even mor, do you?

Mooge   

Bidaar is the curse of man. nothing is worse than bidar for unmarried man.

use honey and eggs on head. it can slow down bidar i heard.

Khayr   

Put some fil fil (black peppers) on it too. Just don't mix it with the honey and eggs or else you might lose more hair.

Heck, its a worth a try and if it works send me a message cause I need to patent the idea.

Another word of advice - do not get a line up or a fade any more. That line passes the equator saxib and yes it is true that your choice of the qalanjoos decreases with the biddar unless you go back to Somalia/Somaliland/Puntland/Ina Hiblayo's 5 acres or Habir Cuulosis 20 hectares. In which cases, all that will be accepted is that you have white teeth and make dahab shiil money.

Miyir   

mr bidaar use garlic 7 days do not wash until last day, your hair will grow back better then before. remember no washing capiche?

Ibtisam   

Well if your bidaar does not put her off it will be the 7 day old garlic, fil fil, egg and honey mixture atop your head!!!! That is just disgusting and nasty. uuuufff khaas!!

Most guys with Bidaar just go for the clean shave look- which looks good on some people but depends on your face structure.

In any case- dont you have anything else going for you? personality, other looks etc? if she has something against bidaar, chances are even if you married early- she would've left you once it started to appear.

I hate pot bellies more than bidaar- there is just no excuse to have something like a pot belly which is easily sorted- bloody lazy farah's - particularly now I know all the efforts of garlic, egg, honey and god knows what else just for some hair!!! :D :D :D

Good luck

Aaliyyah   

Abtigiis his nickname is "boldnewsomali" not "baldnewsomali" LOL..but given the topic I can understand how you end up changing his nickname

Back to the topic, Poster dont worry too much of how other people perceive you. Like already said you must have many other good traits focus on those. And no one is perfect in this world, everyone has their shortcoming. And as far as bidaar goes it is something that you have no control over, where your personality you have a power over that..so work on the aspects of your life that you have control over. Inshallah you will find someone who will appreciate you for who you are and not how you look. Take care and best of luck.

Ibtisam   

Aaaliyyah, "Inshallah you will find someone who will appreciate you for who you are and not how you look" that is like a slap in the face nooh? :D :D :D :D no one wants to feel that they are total unattractive- or at least their partner perceives them as ugly but making up for it in other areas! :D

lol ugu ducey one who is blind to his ugliness at least- sorry baldness :P

Aaliyyah   

^ Nah hun. I meant it well. After all, they say " good looks fade but good hearts keep you beautiful". Inshallah he will find someone who doesn't care about petty thing like baldness. Waana u duceeyey inshallah. Mid khyr qabta.

Juxa   

Get married and the bidaar will come they say! Buuqa iyo kheylada any half decent xalimo is enough to chase best crop of Afro

I say bidaar is a deal breaker only if your pockets are empty. Enjoy the hunting and good luck.

Yunis   

Mr bidaar you have a point here and that Xaliimo’s are becoming more n more superficial and shallow, not all course but, most of these girls have been desensitized to search for imaginary companion with that prim and proper look of celebrity in today’s world.

So, don’t change your hunter gatherer tactics, As you mentioned, continue with accumulating as much professional success as you can, increase your personal achievements by translating them to $$ amounts. Nothing delights the material types more than $$. Surely these types of girls find no flaws in money, or would feel less attractive to a guy with a thinning hair, who can upgrade her mother’s dilapidated shack to bricklayer home. In their eyes that empty portion of your scalp will be replaced with a glittering $$$, which she can brag her family and friends.

Juxa   

Seriously guys

If a woman is in to you, she won't care! So don't use the bidaar as an excuse for your other short comings

Taleexi   

Bidaarta iyo dumarka lama kala dhexgalo. Beri baa mid yari iga heshay dabadeedna waxay igu tidhi macal asif waqtiga waa kula riixi lahaa balse bidaar ma lihid habeenkii danbe bidaar man made ah baan la shir imi waxaanna ugu sheekeeyey awalba waa lahaa, oo burukaa iigu jirtay wixii intaa ka dib dhacay halkan kuma soo dhejin karo.