Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

My Ex-convict Friend's Dilemma

four years ago i was arrested and received my first criminal record for rape. at the time it seemed like the world was over for me. then i became a new-born somalilander and there was some hope over the horizon. coming to somaliland has allowed me to reinvent myself. but imagine if you're the victim of miscarriage of justice in Somaliland of all places, would you care too much for your loss of face? the pickering and backbiting? and the public shame. i suppose in many ways, if truth be told, this is worst then having a criminal record outside of somaliland. WHY? because of the humiliation, the infamy, the notoriety and the public crucifiction? its a thousand death sentences, its the waiting of lady luck, its the self-doubt and the questioning of your very essence and moral values. in societies like 'ours' honor and respect are derived from our community, once you break the set perimeters and standards, you'll be ostracised. even this morning, i didn't want to meet him for the fear of being associated with the criminal.

but if it was really a miscarriage of justice as was presented, which i really doubt, then maybe one should have the self-awareness of not telling everyone who'll listen that you've been made a scapegoat and that you're 'really' innocent. instead, like Alpha, you should accept the facts of your case and move else to reinvent yourself. my only real concern now being that i'll never be able to return home, a luxury my friend can enjoy.

2 strikes n r uf! 3 strikes n r out!! is my law....give him 3rd chance....Its like big Ben charm...once 3rd chance bangs, that means he is sol!! just like this forum!! lol.

How can u even be friends with a rapist. Ur friend should've atoned for his first crime rather then running away. Just out of curiesty, what is the crime he is accused of in Somaliland? Hope it's not rape.

Carafaat   

Alpha, are you ashamed to be seen with your friend who is an ex-convict?

Are you that superficial, that you care what others think? Your friends deserves a better friend!

Cawaale   

^Hooray, It seems to me that Nin-Yaaban has just got one more inmate in his Somalis Behind Bars Thread. This time our very own reggae legend. On serious note, I hope in aadan Kufsi ku kicin.!

Carafaat;843331 wrote:
So what did your friend do to get convicted in Somaliland

inaadeero, arafat,

this man use to drive an imported range rover vogue in the dusty streets of hargeisa and still has the audacity to do same despite his grave misgivinigs lol. the man use to wear Armani and pierre cardin suits not to mention that he lived in the most opulent house, for where i was guest of honour several times lol. then......bang....he goes down. it was always coming laakin.