Sign in to follow this  
Mukulaalow

Our Universities in Pictures.

ElPunto   

Carafaat;842063 wrote:
Primary education and secondary education levels doubled of tribled in most parts of the country(its all relative afcourse). And still increasing. The biggest issue is the lack of vocational and technical institutions, not all student can go to University.

That primary/secondary education has improved is clear - although most of these schools are fee based and if you can't afford it you're out of luck. But according to that stats you referred to - more than half of eligible kids are not enrolled in primary education. Let's please focus on that as a society instead of post-secondary institutions.

Blessed   

^Hmmm. So, what do you purpose for those who have completed basic education? It's not as if you're going to always have a cohort of young pupils, they get older, move through the education system. These universities are producing the current crop of doctors, teachers, nurses tec. back home today. Development of the education system is needed at all levels.

Juxa,

That's a fantastic idea, hon. Talented orphans ama caruurtaan loo maqnayn. Look into it..I'A

I'm confused, what are the programs offered at these universities? Are they technical/trade schools? I doubt they have the intensive curriculum or funding required for any research, so why are they called universities?

Blackflash;842138 wrote:
I'm confused, what are the programs offered at these universities? Are they technical/trade schools? I doubt they have the intensive curriculum or funding required for any research, so why are they called universities?

as far as I know most of them offer BA awards and few like MU offer masters, yes there are short comings but these UNIs produced some very good talents e.g Banadir which was producing future doctors before its set back where most of its professors and doctors were slayed in 2009 Hotel Shamo massacre. These unis are doing what States should've been doing but because there is no functioning state they are doing fine in their difficult situation. What they should consider is each Uni adopting a Poli-tech school to produce the next generation of vocational skills. In terms of research funds, why can't we help them and start here by setting a FUND raise Thread by solers. I hope admin takes this idea seriously and I will be the first one to send my monthly contribution.

Nice pictures and good to see that there still is higher education after all those years. These students are the future of Somalia. It's brave of them to be able to study further after the rough time they been through in the past.

University of Somalida: This uni is different from traditional unis....n here is why?

In this uni..u go are the world, learn the culture, knowledge, what u love 2 do to for live and then u come back to your country, at the age of 50 and share your live experience.

I do believe in the age of internet where u can learn 24/7, old traditional uni methods are out of date, and are already obsolete. So take your pack-bag, travel and then come back to your country and share your knowledge. U game?