Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Sillyland: Buug Ka Sheekaynaya Isirka Somalidu Xagay Kasoo Kala Jeedaan Oo Qorihii Buuga Xabsiga L

Saalax   

People are not interested in false rumours but solid proof. Both of the said sub clans he accused and individuals

were being mentioned in the 19th century for who they are by the colonials and earlier in 18th century by historians. So it is clear the dude actually deserves being jailed for

trying to publish a non reality based slander book in Somaliland soil kkkkkk.

Qandalawi;838616 wrote:
There must be a limit to everything, the man has crossed the border and must be tamed. This is more like a blasphemy, no less than a life sentence should do.

Nagadaaye:p

Carafaat   

Coofle;838634 wrote:
Aniga ayaa u joogay iyada oo maalin Qabiil Qabiil kale lagu darayo adeer,,,,and it was in our beloved hargeisa,,,Khayaaliga ha la iska daayo oo runta aan iska sheegno, I can count 50 subclans with rumors saying that they were part of another clan and then changed sides...

Malaha aniga ayaa imika baxar ku jira,,,Carafaat , I blame you for making me speak here, I was silently watching it before...

Coofle, good for speaking up. You have been silent the whole time. Silence will only benefit ignorent.

I am dissapointed in OdaySomali. He choose to silent on this issue. Unfortuanate.

The man wrote his book to offend not to enlight and since his motives were questionable he should be taken to a long trip to Mandheera. Claiming that the over all suldan of Somaliland a man who is well known is from Puntland based on coffe shop cat fight is a crime. The book isn't about Somali origion the book is about who is who in somali clans, he divided them into Turks, Oromo, Indians etc. all based on his whims. Based on his claim:

1- Qawdhan Ducaale

2- Xuseen Xasan

3- Xasan Tarrabi

4- Nuur Dhagacun

5- Bare Jaajaale

6- suldaan Guuleed

7- Suldaan Faarax

8- Suldaan Xasan

8-Suldaan Diiriye

9-Suldaan Cabdilaahi

to the current sultan are all from Puntland?? based on what, nothing he just wanted to offend these people

Che, I'm serious Sxb, I don't believe in the theory of 'One should have the right to offend', that's a western lie you are forced to believe. I'm a man from the East, I don't believe a man should have the right to offend everyone or all. A limit should exist to restrict one's freedom and not be limitless at the cost of many or all of the people.

Garnaqsi   
He might be wrong, but it's historically well documented that Somali tribes were formed along the lines of what he appears to have been arrested for. As someone has remarked, the idea of 'baptising' a certain group of people into a particular clan is not unheard of.

bilan   

Well DR Gaboose is a perfect example of someone who was clan X, then became totally different clan.

^^ Dr Gaboose is an Ethnic Somalilander his subclan moved to Mudug long time ago and lived in Mudug for a few centuries but never lost his identity, the guy who wrote the book was just bored his intention was just to insult the tribal families of Somaliland.

Qandalawi;838829 wrote:
Che, I'm serious Sxb, I don't believe in the theory of 'One should have the right to offend', that's a western lie you are forced to believe. I'm a man from the East, I don't believe a man should have the right to offend everyone or all. A limit should exist to restrict one's freedom and not be limitless at the cost of many or all of the people.

How does questioning Somali origins be offensive? And in all seriousness, do you honestly believe these silly stories of Sheikhs coming from Arabia. If someone is attempting to shed light on origins of Somali tribes, s/he should be welcomed.

Garnaqsi   
By the way, I've once read an amazing book which exposed all those ridiculous Sheikh stories and myths of Somali tribes. It was written in Somali too. Taariikhda Soomaaliya: Dalkii Filka Weynaa ee Punt -- Muxamed Ibraahim Muxamed (Liiqliiqato).

^It's always amazed how sincerely people believed in those stories. And there's political aspects to these stories as some are used to justify one's standing within the Somali political structure. In fact, they attach certain qualities to each story.