Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Sillyland: Buug Ka Sheekaynaya Isirka Somalidu Xagay Kasoo Kala Jeedaan Oo Qorihii Buuga Xabsiga L

Aaliyyah   

you guys might be interested in looking up a Polish-Israeli intellect by the name of Shlomo Sand. He wrote in "Israel" a best selling controversial book called "The Invention of the Jewish People" which questions the legitimacy of the Israeli State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shlomo_Sand

http://inventionofthejewishpeople.com/

p.s he has not been arrested. Still a free man lol

Che -Guevara;838963 wrote:
How does questioning Somali origins be offensive?

If it was OFFENSIVE, would you still allow him to offend all these people or snatch his rights to be offensive to others.

NGONGE   

Carafaat, many people will miss your thread because of the silly title. Shame on you warya. :D

As for the topic; the awful Kulmiye government strikes again! Had the man written a poem instead of a book, would they have arrested him? Surely, if he be a criminal then every last SL poet (dead or alive) who wrote poems disparging other clans or people should also be regarded as a criminal.

With every passing day I dislike this Kulmiye government more and more.

Almostt 90% of the world's clans and clan founders are full of mythologyies, be it Saxsons or the 12 Jewish tribes, and yet they do exist and function no different then real history. So for these somali kids armed with couple books and som Afro-centrism give it a damn good rest, all somali clan founders and their mythologies are part of the somali culture, they have existed for almost a thousand years,

If you believe them or not it changes little in reality, clan founders and patriarches serves a good purpose and unifies the interest of various groups, wether the man en-tombed in Maydh or in Haylaan exist or doesnt it amount to nill,

Qandalawi;839054 wrote:
If it was OFFENSIVE, would you still allow him to offend all these people or snatch his rights to be offensive to others.

I would defend him mainly I myself don't believe in these stories. Take for example the story D-block Shiekh up on tree refusing to come down unless he lands on someone-very offensive and no history to prove such man existed.

He couldn't defend himself, I just finished listening to his interview, he said he made a big mistake by including Maxamed Hiirad's articale of 2010 in Wardheernews.com, he said i should have known better then quote Maxamed and take his articale at face-value.

He knew he made a big plunder and he couldn't back-up his claim, the man has less knowledge of writing then a pimpled faced grade 9, how can a Ph.d holder write a book and includ such things without even checking their validities?? he damaged his 214 page book by including 2 pages from wardheernews.com, now the rest of the 212 pages will be used as toilet paper.

Che -Guevara;839347 wrote:
I would defend him mainly I myself don't believe in these stories. Take for example the story D-block Shiekh up on tree refusing to come down unless he lands on someone-very offensive and no history to prove such man existed.

Adiga hada hagalin bad kale, yaan lagu xirin ee ukaadi.

Also you are stack with this particular story and I'm speaking in general. Rules should be applied to everything whether its something you personally agree/disagree with or not.

^But what is offensive to people no matter whether be it, religious slander, denial of the Holocaust, or as in this case wild claims of Somali genealogy and other things (the list is long), is offensive to people and have a global phenomena.

One should not be allowed to exercise the right to offend above and over the right of others not to be offended.