Sign in to follow this  
genius pauper.

Sol politics

SOL, is a respected site, with a useful Somali literature. it has a huge number of 'young' educated Somalis. but one thing is out-standing. The section with the highest number of threads/ posts is the POLITICAL section. ever thought of what is discussed in those threads? i wish you don't.

unfortunately, the common members who debate in those threads, are mostly unprincipled and sway from side to side, based on their personal/regional interests. i am saying mostly.

one will blindly support his enclave, even if he preached else where his opposition to such stance.

ideas and opinions are shaped on this board depending on who said and not what is said. members have formed alliances, that build support fabric for the Somali issues. be it what, there's nothing politics about clan/region. we are eroding the intellect of some, by our extreme 'political' positions. ain't it significant, how we end up attacking each other in the name of discussing? significant, of-course for the wrong reason.

it is fair and noble to always support the good, irrespective of who denies it. our truth/sincerity meter reads too low. simple because we don't honestly share our hearts.

yakheey, if the educated lot are rounded of to the nearest nationhood, zero point(0.) is the figure.

i would never wish some/most sol members to be citizens of Somalia.

I've been lurking for about 6 months (joined a couple weeks ago) and I agree, based on what I've seen the most vocal members tend to be on the extremes, but that goes for pretty much any topic in the world so I'm not too worried

about it.

Greetings: Well this section has really become the trash king-bin of sol. And the reason being, all clan-cheerleaders post any crap that they see on the internet about their god forsaken piss-hole. I hope that u dont expect much from a basement floor living mom's boy and an afmiishar whos scratching some1's back for a daily bread.

I never expect any support from any one in my life. Even when the tough days come, i just ride it with a surf board since its my fault. Tomorrow is something that all should plan for it. I never seen this idea in sol-poly clup though. Its all about yesterday.......Wow back to the past is the whole ishbel in the section. And the said part about it is that, as somali men, which most are in the area, they dont feel no shame about their ill fated very feminine behavior!

Remember the famous saying: Ama buur ahooy ama buur ku tirsanoyoo! I will be happy for them if any of those somali-diids have risen or at least reached the same levels of somalia pre-wars in terms of economics or power today!! I really would have really clapped for them. But just whats happening to them. In all these lands all u see is, few supper rich n the rest oo waliy gal galanya in the dirt and Ethiopia (somalis natural enemy) oo hogaaminayeesa!! What a shame to kiss that raw-meat eating, smelly gob!! Nacalad baa idiin ku taala.

Ogeeysiis! I have decided to host Somaliyween independece in la this year!! lol......All somalis r wc! However, it bfns!! i.e., Bring food n share is the theme. Happy 1st of july walaalayaal iyo walaalooyin! peace

Liban   

uchi;837733 wrote:
To be honest, It's the clan section, Politics sub-heading is just a cover.

Bingo, I completely agree with u.

Wadani   

Even though there are some commentators in the politics section who i consider to be unflinching patriots that have transcended petty clan politics, they are unfortunately in the minority, with their voices being drowned out by shameless chest beating worshippers of 'tolka'. SOL is a venue that attracts the cream of the crop of Somali society, but if they are motivated by qabiil and regional self interests like a geejire from the hawd, what hope do we really have as a nation and as a people?

Wadani;837979 wrote:
what hope do we really have as a nation and as a people?

The success rate for the current lot of aqonyahano, is incredibly low. even though education has the primary role of emancipating the masses from the shackles of ignorance, our education is playing the opposite role.

if some members of sol are the replica of the populace in Somalia, then we better relax till rational maturity clicks our heads.

at times, you will fail to realize whether Somalis have any common interest denominator. someone will argue against oppression, torture, killing, etc etc ONLY when directed towards his enclave, if otherwise, he/she is least bothered.

i believe if documented, the posts of some, will warrant life imprisonment or even face the firing squad.

Putting the petty qabyaalad aside, the politics section cracks me up. I mean where on this whole wide web can you find a character like Xaaji Xanduf. Priceless. :)

There is nothing wrong with the politics section except the oneliners trollers. What most of you mentioned is what keeps this section thriving, the diverse, extreme and somewhat clanish politics we witness on a daily basis. But that is the reality of Somali politics. You cannot honestly talk about Somali politics without any referral whatsoever to certain things such factions, regions and administration - that stand for clans or perhaps are mainly supported by certain clans.

And the buzz word here is HONESTY.

Qandalawi;838521 wrote:
There is
nothing wrong
with the politics section except the oneliners trollers.

you condone tha clan politics kolka, sow ma ahan? keep on dude.

honesty entails sincerity in your talk, not a free license to sideline with factions, regions, and administration. there's a broad line of difference between mentioning an administration and boldly/blindly supporting it. if only our support/hate is defined by variables such as economic prosperity, good governance, higher HDI, community welfare, etc etc etc, rather than clan/region/greed/ etc etc

i believe, if the talents in sol are channeled towards the right avenues, then something valuable can be achieved, at least.

^Saaxib, I take you are well meaning and good heart-ted individual. But go and talk about Somali politics without clan mention.

Allegiance to the clan or Admin is different from abstaining clan talk in Somali politics.