aero

Going Outside Your Comfort Zone

Showqi   

wyre;826303 wrote:

qof sol kujira oo Hilib doonfaar cunay ma idinku jiraa
:D

:D:D......Cagga-Yare waa xaaraan looma dhowaado kaa, waa Ufffff

I often eat Thai food (quite tasty and spicy) and love most of normal dishes. Comfort or not, I wouldn't try any insects, reptiles, and rats. Or anything that deem not Halal. Anything under the salt water, rocks!!

wyre;826303 wrote:
Faarax mamba cought from webi muu ahaa mise from Badda,

A friend of mine told me "Once I was prissoned, They used to give us hilib doonfaar" So long I had no other choice, waan iska cuni jiray buu yiri,

qof sol kujira oo Hilib doonfaar cunay ma idinku jiraa

Mamba from Webiga. (Tana River).

As for Cagga Yariisow, Every1 in the west,at some point or another,may have tasted it unknowingly. Geedku dhanaan badnaa! :)

Narniah   

I've always been a picky eater nothing changed. I generally won't eat anything that my family or close friends haven't made unless I see that person prepare it myself. I think I'm slightly OCD.

Foods I will eat besides Somali Foods are:

Turkish

Arab

Korean

Malaysian

Italian

Greek

N.O.R.F   

I have been guilty of only eating what I know. Somali, Lubnaani/Shami/Gulf, Indian and at a stretch Thai (only a few dishes). Oh, and good old fish and chips. You can keep the rest.

Spent a week in Malaysia and only ate Arab food :D

wyre   

Showqi;826305 wrote:
:D......Cagga-Yare waa xaaraan looma dhowaado kaa, waa Ufffff

Yeah, Adoo og ma cuneysid dee waa lagugu sirayaa, You see Faarax says He tasted it :D

Faarax-Brawn;826309 wrote:
Mamba from Webiga. (Tana River).

How did you eat it knowing that it is not xalaal??

Wyre, the other option was to starve.

N.O.R.F;826317 wrote:
I have been guilty of only eating what I know. Somali, Lubnaani/Shami/Gulf, Indian and at a stretch Thai (only a few dishes). Oh, and good old fish and chips. You can keep the rest.

Spent a week in Malaysia and only ate Arab food

I am not too fond of Arab foods niyo.

Coofle   

Waxaan ku cuninba waa la cunaa.....Anything that doesn't kill you make you stronger...

Wixii Xalaal ah ee iga soo horbaxayba Waan cunay, I cannot list them.... If I am going to choose something beside Somali dishes,Ethiopian and Arabic would be my choice....

Dhalinyarooy wax ha la cuno waa maalmo kooban dunidye.....

wyre   

Ok Faaraxow

Yes Coofle, I forgot to mention Canjeero Ethiopian is my No.1 choice, though aanan cunin more than 3 years

Blessed   

I once had that raw Swedish fish in vinegar, maybe Malika knows about it. Didn't like it but my friend literally stuffed it in my mouth. I'd try anything, xalaal and cooked.

Asian food (SE & Far East) is probably my most favourite, Indian my least (too spicy).

By the way, Vietnamese and Cambodian food are quite tasty.

Most exotic food...mmm....would probably say shell fish. Mussels used to creep me out until I ate some - pretty macaan. I also used to think raw fish was yucky until I had sashimi. It blew my mind.

Valenteenah.;826418 wrote:
Asian food (SE & Far East) is probably my most favourite, Indian my least (too spicy).

By the way, Vietnamese and Cambodian food are quite tasty.

Most exotic food...mmm....would probably say shell fish. Mussels used to creep me out until I ate some - pretty macaan. I also used to think raw fish was yucky until I had sashimi. It blew my mind.

I am guessing the sashimi is a type of sushi?

Unagi or eel, was my first sushi over 11 years ago and still my favorite, I like Philly rolls as well, there is something about cream cheese and smoked salman. Tried ostrich meat and thought that it was almost like beef. Maybe this is tmi but frog legs (yes like chicken). Those two are something's that I like but other Somalis think is weird, anchovy pizza as well. All Asian food is good though, in fact Somali food is mostly Asian as in Indian food itself. Last but not least Yemeni and Moroccan are my fovarate Ethnic food but they are not that far from Somali especially Yemeni food.