Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Marrying a new convert to islam ?! Share your thoughts

Batuulo   

A/ wr wb

-Lateafha good Question sis maasha allaah//

personaly I'll marry If I met, as long as he's true Muslim , Does't matter his race.. Muslim Is Muslim... and if you got one Go for it ;) realy they are the nicest persons when they took the shahada, kindfull, respectfull and more... :cool:

Blessed   

Latefah sweets!

I think Nur, Yacquub and all the nomads gave you good advice. so whats left for me is to wish you khair and barakah!

Personally, I view all muslims as one. However, there are cultural barriers that you would have to overcome.. but that's not that much of a deal - every couple goes through a period of forming. Hook him up with Somali brothers though- might help!

Best wishes ;)

ASRA....MashaAllah...glad to have u as my brother/sister in Islaam

everybody has given all the pro's and i dont disagree ,i agree with them 100%

but im going to try and show u the otherside!

ok,,,,

1-how long has he been a muslim and how well is he practicing?

i heard that a few converts, revert back to their previous faith after hangging around non-practicing somali's.

2-how does your family feel?

dont give a damn about other somali's and their opinions sister even if u married the best man on earth, some would complain and u cant please all. but your family has to be happy, if they aint your marriage will start off on a bad note and could end up pair-shaped.(this is not only to with converts but in general)

3-if you moved from the west,,would he concider somalia?

this one bothers me alot, simply because other somali's worry about going to the north or south, because of racist violence. if the brother is white and from a non-muslim country, they are usually more open minded to what Islamic state to move to. but some brother from other muslim countries or jamaicans that are bale to live happily in their country and practice their new faith, would not concider somalia.

4- could you seriously handle your children being seen as different by other somali's, are you strong enuff to handle the gossip and bull-shit that other ppl give u.?

this last one walaalo, is about ur strength. somali's are very racist people and will give you alot of grief, u shouldnt care, but alot of sisters do. i have spoken to sisters that have married white, they are very happy, but if only others would let them stay that way.

these are just a few issues that you have to talk about, concider.

would i marry them?

hell yeah! i think they cute, they pationate about Islaam, and the culture that they were baught up in has alot of respect for women and children(unlike our fellow mali's).

if u2 can communicate well, u serious about your deen, and u can handle a couple of old ladiese chatting shiit, and your family is happy,,,,,what you waiting for?

hurry up ,and dont 4get my envite for the wedding!

HONEY-D   

salaam

What an interesting question to ask i just hope some of the people's opinion on the issue doesn't put you of. i think so long as the brotha is a good practising muslim you've got nothing to worry abt. the past belong to the past no one can change that and besides if allah almighty forgives him who are we to question his past. the other thing to consider is are you a practising muslima if not are u willing to do everything in ur power to be a good practising muslima so that once u married to the brotha he doesn't get confused to why u wouldn't cover yourself or pray. I have heard so many stories where a non muslim asks to marry a somali woman and she refuses to accept his marriage purposes for a religious reason. he'd promise to convert to islam and after while they get married here is where the problem comes in he'd get up early in the morning to pray salad fajir while she sleeps.

anywayz follow ur heart if u think he's the one then go for it may allah make everything easy for u. dont forget to let us know if u suceed ur mission. ;)

biG mOm   

Asalaama calaykum wa rahmtullaahi wabarakaatu

Wooow.. Suga bal maandheyskoow :D Bal U kaadiya.

-Lateafha It's ok to marry a new convert to islam if he has a strong Aqeedah,

-repliers thnk you for your good Advice and your greet time, I hope this is enough, she want to know if you can marry or not, she don't want to compare somali and new converter to islam,

I just wanted to know what you people think of Marrying a white convert to islam. I hear so many things ( mostly negative )like, All converts have been criminals, Converts don't deserve a pure

Muslimah. Yes it's very shocking ( and i don't believe in that myself. All i know is that Islam binds people together on the `Aqeedah'; that is the belief of Allah (swt) and His Messenge(saw).

I don't really want to go into too much detail...but hopefully you get my point.

if yes tell the reason you can marry, If no neither one.. Once Again thank you All

-Silent Sister , veryy funny - xalwada wax naga soo gaarsii lol ;) /// Forgive me If I make you Mad, It's Just My Opinion, I love All of you for the sake Of Allaah..

BIG MUMMMA....lol, if i was getting married, u sure will be the first to get the big peice of the xalwaad, infact, u can cook it!

hehee,,,,,and i love u aswell for the sake of Allah! muaah! and i dont get made easily!

Mujahida   

Salam's family

Ameenah, Batuulo ,biG mOm, My Sistas in Islam thank you!

Oh your all so sweet and awesome walahi. smile.gif Jezekelah kheeran I truly appreciate all the advice from the bottom of my heart. Jezekelah kheeran.

Originally posed by :

the other thing to consider is are you a practising muslima if not are u willing to do everything in ur power to be a good practising muslima so that once u married to the brotha he doesn't get confused to why u wouldn't cover yourself or pray.

I am no where near perfect but I do consider myself a very Practising Muslimah. smile.gif Alhamdulilah. May Allah always keep us all on the true path ameen.

silent-sistah smile.gif You really are a precious sista. Jezekelah kheeran ya ukthii, luv you!

Sista He has been a muslim for almost 3 years now & He practises it too MashaAllah. I'll definitely let you all know how it all turns out InshaAllah thats a promise. We still have a few months to go be4 the big day InshaAllah. smile.gif

May Allah's protectiob be with you all!

Masalama

Miriam1   

I do agree with everyone, but i always wondered if my family would accept him. THat is if i decided to marry a reverty( thats wat we call them). I wouldnt want to be treated differently by the people i grewup with and loved..and put everyone i know in an awkard situtation. Yes i would want them to be open minded and understand that its his conduct as a muslim that matters more than anyting, but naturally the reality is that few of us have such open-minded family members. I wouldnt want him to be exculded from all the family events, I would want him to be a member of my family and for him to be taken as a son by my father and my mother.

This is my honest opinion,

--At the end it depends on the strenght of your feelings for him, and if they will be able to withstand the natural critism you are going to get

Peace smile.gif

salam

ok uve heard most of the peoples insights all positive..now let me add my lil 2 cents to this aight.

whatever suits u dear lateafa sure hes a muslim and all thumbs up for that my problem here is when sisters aka" muslim sis"bashes us brothers somali man and i quote her " im sure they are better than somali man" lol enough with the low blows aight. how manny somali man do u know huh to put us all in the same bag? wheres ur reasonning girl? u carry a great nick but live up to it please cant be sayin such things ud be insulting ur intellect without anyone else insulting it for u. im sure that comment doesnt reflect u and if thats the case sucks to be u sorrowful should be ur nick now enough said about u.

as a djiboutian im familiar with white folks lets just say my views of white folks is not all time high, yap i think of them as vultures death eating scums of the earth. true cant generalize but usualy generalization is true.

my question is: whats the real motive behind this,lets not hide under the his muslim umbrella

if ur attracted to white folks or any other race wy not just come clean and say so?u dont owe no justification to anyone.

want a muslim? lol whatever happened to ur kind?

"Hypocricy is the only evil that walks alone except to god alone" my own

the world is sufering cuz of the white men

Rokko   

Let me ask ya beautiful sistas who gathered here a question on this issue of marriage.

Talking about Aqeedah and Islam, how many of ya would marry a nice, pious, devout Somali guy from one of the "enslaved, ostricized, discriminated" Somali tribes?

Who would come first? A pious, nice Somali or a convert black/white guy?

Do I make sense?

Runtaa fiican in laga hadlo. lol

salam

lol mobb-deep good question bro lets ask them...oops by the way who are those enslaved, ostricized, discriminated somalis? not sure i bet they are the midgaans they happen to be just like us. i at time claim to be a midgaan just to see other peoples reaction primitive or not.

anyways every other tribe has been bad mouthed

"somali woman the prettiest of all woman" only they rock my boath

"Hypocricy is the only evil that walks alone except to god alone"

Blessed   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

Talking about Aqeedah and Islam, how many of ya would marry a nice, pious, devout Somali guy from one of the "enslaved, ostricized, discriminated" Somali tribes?

Who would come first? A pious, nice Somali or a convert black/white guy?

Runtaa fiican in laga hadlo. lol

Honestly,

A Somali (whatever tribe) would come first.

A muslim is still a Muslim - wether society considers his tribe to be an outcast / or an enemy!

I prefer marrying a Somali brother cos I think I can relate to him more - but i don't rule out inter racial and respect those in it. Alxamdulilah, my parents don't watch qabiil - !! But some of my friends parents discourage them from other tribes - i mean sub tribes - thats sick!!

Latefah!

Your welcome walaalo! Your a sweetheart yourself ;)

GM   

Lateafa, i would be waiting for my invitation on the big day. You may invite few Auzies like Mizz lexus and Muslimah as well. I will represent the nomads here and relate the story to them like they had thier story in another forum. The only difference this time will be a story about new era of Somail marrying white muslim. waw! you can imagne how this will attract all the nomads. What do you think, good or bad idea?

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikujm Wr Wb

What I was going to say our sis’s/ bro’s said it

Sis Lateafha all the best, Ilahay hakuula garabgalo, Ilhayna ha ku waafajiyo sida qeyrka leh. Just make lots of du’a. know one thing marriage is a gamble whether u marry a Somali or not. Ilahay un talo saaro & u will be fine Insha Allah.

This newly convert marriage is becoming very popular in our community nowadays. From being a very strong cultural person whom used to convince some girls not to marry a convert Muslim or non somali now I am the opposite, Walaahi I think I am becoming a fan of this inter racial marriage. ;)

MD   

Salam Interesting question

As some of the you said if he's a muslim then that's it no need to question his past or what he's done cause once he says the shahadah "he begins his new life as a muslim"

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep

Talking about Aqeedah and Islam, how many of ya would marry a nice, pious, devout Somali guy from one of the "enslaved, ostricized, discriminated" Somali tribes? Who would come first? A pious, nice Somali or a convert black/white guy?

I would go for a somali simply because it's much easier..wouldn't have problem with him communicating with my parents.. The one thing usually most couples have problem with reverts/converts is the culture difference..But at the end i would want my parents to be happy with whoever i pick..

P.S. Good luck Lateafha :D