Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Marrying a new convert to islam ?! Share your thoughts

My thoughts on this topic...Since my name was involved... :rolleyes:

I think since he is muslim, I would marry him.

Forget about whether we are a convert or not!

I still marry him. But I wont marry him if he was black, For example, African-American, Jamican, Ethopian, etc. WHITE-->MUSLIM--->YEAH

BLACK--->MUSLIM--->NOT A CHANCE.

Lateafa, i would be waiting for my invitation on the big day. You may invite few Auzies like Mizz lexus and Muslimah as well.

GENTLEMAN...Good to see ya...Not icon_razz.gif

If this invitation is for a Kiwi wedding then count me out~

Mobb_Deep

Talking about Aqeedah and Islam, how many of ya would marry a nice, pious, devout Somali guy from one of the "enslaved, ostricized, discriminated" Somali tribes?

Who would come first? A pious, nice Somali or a convert black/white guy?

Do I make sense?

To be honest...I would marry the convert insteed of a guy from a discriminated somali tribe simply because of my family and the safety of my future children. And I could never live with myself if my family through me on the streets for marrying a somali guy from a discrimanated tribe.

Ladiif   

^^^^^^"-->MUSLIM--->YEAH

BLACK--->MUSLIM--->NOT A CHANCE"

Pls tell me you were kidding!!! you can't be serious can you?

GM   

Mizz Lexus... girl you have been so elusive with your many names ...lol. what name shall we call you by?

Mizz..Auzies are w/come to kiwi weddings, besides didnt you know that we are going to jion to form one nation. I really dont like the idea becaue I dont like Auzies but i think it will be economically significanct for the two to join.

I thought you were giving a good advise to the sister until you said you wont approve marrying BLACK MUSLIM. Why? This somehow proves why Auzie are rasist but i didnt know somalis too have been infected by the disease. please tel me why you will mary a white muslim convert but not a black Muslim convert if my statement above is not true. Do you believe the white is superior to the black? Suproir in the sense of inteligence, status, and in the eyes of Allah etc...And what colour are we somalis? i will be waiting to hear your answers to that.

Iffah   

Salaams,

oh I missed this topic. Maasha Allah, you've received great advice from our bros/sis. There is nothing more to add.

Lateafha: My dear sis, I wish you all the best. smile.gif

how many of ya would marry a nice, pious, devout Somali guy from one of the "enslaved, ostricized, discriminated" Somali tribes?

I'd choose the Somali guy of course! A Muslim is a Muslim, but one that shares your language and culture is easier to get along with in marriage. Personally, I can't imagine not speaking Somali at home, or making shaah with just the right amount of sugar (lots)..somali style. :D ...

This is not to say I don't approve of interracial marriages...I'm all for it. But it's just something I can't see myself getting into. But Allah knows best.

W/Salaam.

Mujahida   

Salam everyone, smile.gif

hey i never expected the topic to be this long. Thanks to those that were so supportive and understanding and for all the amazing advice. May Allah's protection be with with you all. smile.gif

And no need to hate Mob_deep & Thought_Control, You'll never know when love is gonna hit ur heart. Thats not a matter of deciding who you wanna fall in Love with. All i'm trying to say is, Allah can make you fall in LOVE with anyone regardless of his/her skin color. Your skin color is just the first layer of your body & it also happens to be very thin too, anything else beneath that makes us all the same. What you aslo need to know is that we're muslims. All slaves of Allah. Allah is not gonna look at your skin color at judgement day. It's your deeds & Imaan.

Munfia , Sista, I don't wanna tell you what to like or anything. But the believe you hold about Black converts is just wrong. And remember that your not that white urself either. ;) i guess, So no need to hate, esp when your just backfiring at urself. No Offence! ;)

Wa/Salam , take care

Mr.Gentleman you can call me Wonder_Woman...

And what colour are we somalis?

Black without a doubt...What kind of question is that, even my baby brother knows the answer to that :rolleyes: Maybe you didnt know the answer to that yourself (".)

Next question...

I thought you were giving a good advise to the sister until you said you wont approve marrying BLACK MUSLIM. Why?

Mr.Gentleman I think you missed the point to what I said~ I would marry a white muslim convert rather then a black muslim. This is what we call "your own opinon" redface.gif

In this case LATEAFHA (Another Kiwi like ya) is talking about a white muslim convert, Not a black but I decided to include a black muslim convert coz I felt like it.

This somehow proves why Auzie are rasist but i didnt know somalis too have been infected by the disease. please tel me why you will mary a white muslim convert but not a black Muslim convert if my statement above is not true.

Aussie are racist but not as much as Kiwis.

You should have known but this age Mr.Gentleman that somali people are racist. And dont say that is not true, because it is. Somali people discrimainate against their own people because of the fact that someone else belongs to a different tribe. Why would I marry a black muslim convert when I can marry a white muslim convert, what's the difference? Just the skin colour. Anyway why do you really wanna know who I would like to marry? :confused:

LATEAFHA...

Munfia , Sista, I don't wanna tell you what to like or anything. But the believe you hold about Black converts is just wrong. And remember that your not that white urself either. i guess, So no need to hate, esp when your just backfiring at urself. No Offence!

I am not offenced, I dont get offened that easily... :rolleyes:

I dont have anything against Black Muslim Converts but I wont marry them. It really depends on what nationality there are! Nothing else.

GM   

Wonder Woman? Wonder girl sounds more polite to me, now its better you have settled with a name. care to shed some lights on your new name?

you partially answered the questions, however your conculsion was "as Somalis we are recist (i differ with you on this generalisation) and me Wonder girl is a racist too and given the choise between a white and black muslim i will only marry a black Muslim...oh sorry i meant white muslim, even if the balck muslim had the best akhlaq.'' Not only this was predictable but funny. i dont get it, we claim to be a muslim and come from a black race (surprisingly you were even brave to admit this, rarely other somalis would say we are black)why is it hard to marry a black muslim. People can you choose between two muslims and if so on what grounds? Brother Noor would be helpful to enlighten us here.

Nur   

Walaal Gentleman

There is no crystal ball of right and wrong in personal choices.

The Prophet SAWS did not like to eat desert alligators known as ( DABB), although it is halaal.

Based on the above, it is desirable to make a room for tolerance to different opinions and personal preferences as long as it is not hate based. And accordingly let us give Xusnul Niyah ( Benefit of the doubt) to both sisters for their respective choices of two different colors from the color spectrum of the beautiful creation of Allah SWT, because every human is different, to each their choice within the halaal limits.

Needless to say that I am really upset that neither sister chose Nur as possible a consideration or a candidate. Little do they reaize what they are forgoing, because I am an excellent cook, great homemaker, I love kids and I understand how women think, so I do not cross thier space and time boundaries, how do I know all this? partially, I read abook called " Men are from Merka Caddey, women are from Burco " . So to get even, I better look for a Chinese Muslim sister , a Yoruba, Hawsa, Fulani, Kazakh, or a Malaysian sister. Do you know how to greet a Yoruba Muslim sister from Nigeria? you say "Baa wuni?" and she would respond with a big smile "Koobaaj". That is cool, isn't it.

Allah SWT says: We have made you nations and tribes so you may get to know one another ( with the only criteria of) the most honorable in the (eyes) of Allah (and hence ours should be) is the most obedient (to Allah).

Nur

GM   

Thank you brother Nur.

I read in another thread where you described the four things or qualities on which you base your mariage as a muslim. Among this was Akhlaq of the person and this is considered the best of the choises to go with if the other three fails.

I have no problem with choise. For example if the sister says i dont want to marry the brother because he is not very handsome is understandable but is it acceptable for a muslim to neglect marriage to a brother just because the brother is coloured? I fell this is absolutely predujicial and wrong for a muslim person to entertain.

offcourse i am not calling for our somalis sister to sart marying the black races but if you chose to mary a brother because he converted and became a muslim then you should not chose him based on the skin of his colour rather his intention and akhlaq.

Nur   

Walaal Gentleman

Well said brother, the important thing with Somali women is to be gentleman as your name reads, and I must be very honest, some Somali sisters out there believe when it comes to be gentle and caring, White Muslim brothers to be more caring and gentle than fellow black Muslim brothers. Until we close that image gab, our own Somali sisters will dumb not only Africans, but also Somali men, so we better get our act together, it is a competitive times, being mediocre is not a blissful trait. For that reason, Somali men must re-envent themselves anew and market themselves with a more polished image. That is why I offered special services such as cooking, homemaking, babysitting and brakefast in bed, for a raving response, I may even entice my potential spouse with a gentle foot massage after a tiresome work day ( at home of course). And that is not all of my arsenal, I leave the rest for her imagination.

Nur

GM   

''.....it is a competitive times, being mediocre is not a blissful trait. For that reason, Somali men must re-envent themselves anew and market themselves with a more polished image.''

You are funny brother. Things are turning exactly as you said. The stakes has been set high, Ilaahey haunaxareesto the faraxs.

''That is why I offered special services such as cooking, homemaking, babysitting and brakefast in bed, for a raving response, I may even entice my potential spouse with a gentle foot massage after a tiresome work day ( at home of course). And that is not all of my arsenal, I leave the rest for her imagination.''

I can do that too brother Nur if it means wining the somali lady lol.

Nur   

Gentleman Br.

I am glad we've finally figured out where the problem lies. Now, like I proposed on another discussion board about a similar social problem facing Somali men, I propose an extensive image enhancement online course for Somali men who like me and you feel rejected by Somali women. If we can get enough members tosign up with the same problem, we can even create a support group and an association in which we exchange what works with our Somali Sisters and how to compete for their admiration.

Instead of pointing fingers toward the siters, we can come in terms with our own incompetence in a far different world than the one that we were raised in. I, for one, can take care of the training seminars, or webinars, and if all goes well, word will be out and the sisters will be looking for you regardless. So what do you say walaal?

Nur

GM   

You are not serious about this Nur, are you? I have read your propossed course in Somalinet and the long argument that followed, never the less i think it would be a desired learning experience for some few faraxs. I dont think i am one of the faraxs brother, and right now my long time engament angel sends me rose flowers and love letters writen in pink ink everytime, she is just so beautiful i cant wait to see her this coming summer when we would get married.....lol. Brother noor thanks for the kind offer but my lady tels me you dont need such course, and i am just fabulous and GM. What do you think i should do?, i wouldnt mind taking your class for the fun of it though.

But i came to think of this- you are a brother, how would you know and teach us what exactly our sisters want unless you are the single male in your family lol. isnt it more appropriate for a sister to run such course, a sister who knows the real thing. let us nominate the sister that is capable to run such seminar for the faraxs. I nominate Muslimah, Hibo and Silent sister. Why Hibo, i dont know but she looks descent and upto date girl. Oh wonder girl could run a similar workshop too but i dont think she can be as competent as the other three because.....she :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nur   

Dear GM

That is good to hear brother, a marriage in the horizon, that is one less unhappy Somali couple in the southern hemisphere.

By the way, the suggested Somali Men Improvement course will not work without sisters as volunteers. After all as the Business Development and the architect of such institution, I am planning with the goal mind, the goal being that Somali men gain acceptability by Somali Sisters again. As such, the school will hire part time and full time distance-learning female instructors who will provide online mentoring to the clumsy Somali men to perform their domestic duties to an internationally acceptable level.

But GM, Let me warn you that you are making a mistake by not signing up for the course, just because you are in the seventh heaven in love does not avail you of the sisters observation, someone told me that when a shy Somali sister looks down, she is in fact checking out how clean your shoes are, so be careful brother, if I were you, I would take special crash courses just in case.

Nur