Carafaat

The Somalia-Somaliland talks Thread

NGONGE i am not sure Wadani might have started as a weak opposition but when the likes of Dr Gaboose joined i am not sure, if the government can pull it off. By the way the Somaliland and Somalia talks is a separate road map, should not be confused with the conference. Also Sultan Faisal ali is unpredictable.

President Siilaanyo

“Markii horena Somaliland xoriyadeeda bilaash laguma siine’ xoog ayay kula soo noqotay”

“Wada hadal wax kama qabno loo siman yahay oo ay Somalilland gooni isu taageeda iyo qaranimadeeda ku muujinayso”

“Somaliland way leedahay ciidan ku filan oo xoriyadooda ilaashadda”

Somaliland/Somalia: Gulf States Orchestrating a Presidential Face to Face

From%20left%20Presidents%20Silanyo%20%20

Monday, 11 March 2013 18:33

Presidents Silanyo & Hasan: one to oneBy: Yusuf M Hasan

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Gulf States are fronting for a consensus between Somaliland and Somalia prior to the planned May conference in London.

Through ongoing diplomatic orchestrations by The United Arab Emirates-UAE and Qatar the consensus is expected to be reached at a meeting the two Gulf States are fronting between presidents Silanyo of Somaliland and Hasan of Somalia later this month.

According to reliable information availed Geeska Afrika newspaper and somalilandsun the plans were floated to, and accepted by the Somalia president during his just concluded visit of the Gulf States.

Though the planned meeting is yet to be made official our sources indicate that president Silanyo has been briefed through both gulf based diplomatic channels and a number of underlings.

The Somaliland president who is currently on an official visit in Turkey is reported to have received an invitation for talks with Gulf officials before he meets with his Somalia counterpart.

Despite having returned from a tour of the two countries recently president Hasan is said to have concluded plans for a second visit which shall coincide with the presence of President Silanyo both in the UAE and Qatar.

The two decades divorce of Somaliland and Somalia which had received lackluster attention from the Arab league prior to the Arab spring is set for good tidings as per new impetus from the Gulf States.

The desire by the Gulf states in ensuring that the Somaliland/Somalia talks are jumpstarted from the very successful stage reached between the Hargeisa administration and the Transitional Federal Government-TFG of Sheikh Sharif is further proof that the over 20 years Union Vs. Sovereign debate shall come to an end amicably.

So the Qataris or UAE will be the mediators i think the Qataris. So are the qataris honest mediators i heard they wanted to mediate between Eritrea and Ethiopia and it ended in failure , i think i prefer south Africa to be the mediating country, and maybe the host country.

Well we heard that President hassan wants the Qataris to mediate and its not certain if president siilaanyo will visit Qatar, i wont recommend Qataris i dont think they're Honest mediators. The Brits do not want to mediate i think we should look in Africa Kenya South Africa Maybe or perhaps the french themselves.

Xaaji Xunjuf;926252 wrote:
Well we heard that President hassan wants the Qataris to mediate and its not certain if president siilaanyo will visit Qatar, i wont recommend Qataris i dont think they're Honest mediators. The Brits do not want to mediate i think we should look in Africa Kenya South Africa Maybe or perhaps the french themselves.

Fuuck the Brits and the French, we should not look to our former colonizers to "mediate" our domestic affairs. Qatar is also useless as they have expressed very little care for us over the past twenty years.

Perhaps a shir under a tree consisting of northern and southern elders would be more appropriate.

The french can be neutral on this case, i think we should give it a try

The qataris are in effective, as for the geed stuff its not ano issue between two clans or sub clans or a small domestic issue

Its about the furure of our childeren. By the way we need outside mediation we cannot agree just by ourselves its not going to work.

By the way the french did not colonize somaliland or somalia so they can do the job

The french did not colonize Somalia nor Somaliland, but they did colonize Djibouti, which makes them a former colonizer of Somali lands. Xaaji, I take it you are from Somaliland. Would the traditional compensation of geel make any significant difference in making peace? Perhaps collecting geel from all the southern regional states in attempts of showing solidarity and paying war contributions from the past. I ask with the utmost seriousness.

SomaliPhilosopher;926264 wrote:
The french did not colonize Somalia nor Somaliland, but they did colonize Djibouti, which makes them a former colonizer of Somali lands. Xaaji, I take it you are from Somaliland. Would the traditional compensation of geel make any significant difference in making peace? Perhaps collecting geel from all the southern regional states in attempts of showing solidarity and paying war contributions from the past. I ask with the utmost seriousness.

I am waiting for your response, Xaaji

They did colonize Djibouti , but Djibouti is not Somalia nor Somaliland so they can be honest brokers, when it comes to talks.I think its a bit more complicated than how you put it. Somalia and Somaliland started on the wrong foot since the beginning of the Union and that needs to be corrected when that is corrected i think no compensation is needed from the Koonfurians. We just need to find the right mediating team and than we are good to go.

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;926252 wrote:

Who ever isn't for succession is NOT honest in your books right?

No they dont have to support secession nor union they just need to be fair and balanced and neutral. When they do that than i think they are right guys for the job.

A_Khadar   

This whole concept of Somaliland/Somalia talk is piece sh*t. The right term should be a talk between Somalia and the triangle clan, beesha cadhootay. XX come again and talk about honest and fairness when in fact you are favoring your clan's agenda to be the consensus and agreed fate of entire clans of what is known British Somaliland. This should ring the bell of "Hypocrisy".