Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Abdullahi Yusuf in the eyes of true Somalis

Abwaan   

lol...Maaddeey...I am little busy now but I will read everything later and comment on that Insha Allaah.

Somalia we need evidence when you accuse them of being the so called clan courts using Dukes terminology of back in the days.The other point you mention is they were naming other people in other regions i don't see a problem if that's done,unless they are not welcome. Mogadishu was a peaceful city warlords were cleaned from Xamar not by the Ethiopians or the so called exiled TFG but by the Islamic Courts union.

Bottom line is that the ICU needed some reforms a grassroots administration was destroyed by Somalia's arch enemy for its own interests not for Somalia's interests. You can call Sheikh hassan daahir aweys many things hard headed and being stubborn but not a tribalist doesn't he and sheik sharif and abdiqeybdiid and gacmadhere and indhocade belong to the same tribal family why doesn't he support the TFG they would love it if he supported the TFG.

Sheikh Hassan daahir aweys is a principled man he said it himself Ciidamadi xabashida iyo ciidamadi shisheeye aan ka diiday cabdilahi yusuf ka aqbali mayo Sh sharif war cad weye. Colonel Abdilahi Yusuf and geedi under the command of Melez zanawi and general gabre disrupted the peace and stability in Somalia they made thousands of people homeless and refugees in neighboring countries and in ceelasha biyaha.

Somalia   

:D "We need evidence".

This is why we can't agree. The warlords BECAME Islamists, that's the underlying point. When they saw that a government was established they counted this by starting a fake Islamic organization.

The reasons it was fake I have already stated and you didn't seem to counter them, whether it be the reallocation of properties or hiring known criminals and warlords, and the worst fact of them all, the man fighting for the ICU in the name of Jihad took the seat of the man he was fighting only to continue his legacy.

Sheikh Hassan daahir aweys is a principled man
he said it himself Ciidamadi xabashida iyo ciidamadi shisheeye aan ka diiday cabdilahi yusuf ka aqbali mayo Sh sharif war cad weye. Colonel Abdilahi Yusuf and geedi under the command of Melez zanawi and general gabre disrupted the peace and stability in Somalia they made thousands of people homeless and refugees in neighboring countries and in ceelasha biyaha.

Abdullahi Yusuf was the recognized leader of Somalia, they didn't want to own up to the fact that he was from another clan so they used religion to further their political goals.

NEVER has this happened before, who uses religion to further political goals like that? Sending poor kids to die for nothing. All of those people died in vain because we are now doing the same as before.

I mean, I have simple evidence that the man fighting the cause is now in Abdullahi Yusuf's shoes, how this is debatable I do not understand. And the thousands of people that died are on the people who fought the government just like now it is on Al-Shabaab.

Yes Cabdilahi Yusuf was the recognized leader of Somalia appointed president by warlords in a pig-farm in Kenya he destroyed the little peace Mogadisho had with the help of Ethiopian mercenaries,so much for legitimacy he was living for 2 years in exile in Kenya doing absolutely nothing. Still you haven't proved that Hassan daahir aways is a tribalist and that he was against colonel Abdilahi yusuf for clanish reasons?

Somalia   

He was elected by the people who were in control of Mogadishu before the ICU took over, he couldn't have gotten elected if it wasn't for those people all hailing from the same clan. Mogadishu's peace was avail when their agenda was revealed, why did the ICU go for Galkacyo? I would like to know that, it's a city governed by others, peaceful yet they went for it.

Also, Hassan Dahir Aweys has a track record as Al Ittihad in the early 1990s tried to take Bosaso and expand into Puntland. In fact Abdullahi Yusuf was captured by AIAI men and Hassan Dahir was also there, when he ordered the killing of Abdullahi Yusuf but he wasn't killed because the AIAI men realized why he wanted him dead. Dahir Aweys was in contact with Aideed during the USC's expansion.

I just want you to acknowledge something;

- Do you agree that your support for the ICU or partly your support is clan based and was because it might have been more favourable to the secession of Somaliland?

Sheikh hassan daahir aweys supporting Al itaxaad doesn't make him a tribalist

The people you mean the warlords the likes of Indho cade and qanyare and Cismaan Caato Muse sudi Yalaxow Salaad cali jeele Maxammad dhere they selected him in a foreign country in a pig farm to be precisely. Why didn't they invite him to Mogadishu if they selected him,why did he had to live in exile in Kenya for 2 years i mean we are talking about as you said it the legitimate president of Somalia.Kismayo was also governed by a peaceful warlord called Barre hiiraale under the protection of the JVA. Never ever was Sh Aweys in contact with General caydiid where do you get those stories from just because they hail from the same subclan that doesn't mean they were allies.

Sorry and i don't support entities or political parties based on clan nor were the leaders of the ICU from my clan, and the ICU never supported Somalilands quest for statehood so i don't see the logic behind that question.

Somalia   

It does make him a tribalist, AIAI wanted to conquer other parts of Somalia while its leader aligned itself with USC during the civil war.

Dahir Aweys has had many instances of clan references apart from his actions. Also lets look at the facts here, they are in exile for a year and a half, they get elected by the warlords themselves whether it was in a pig farm or not isn't relevant, I don't know if it was but connotation to it makes you seem at a lost to respond genuinely without irrelevant additions..

As for Kismayo, Kismayo wasn't the capital. Mogadishu was unsafe but all in all, it is summed down by this quote from WardheerNews.

If the Mogadishu warlords are rejecting Mr. Abdilahi Yusuf Ahmed's government, it does not come as surprise. The simple fact that he is for peace is why they reject him. The anti-peace, anti-democratic, slave-owners of Mogadishu warlords rejected the governments before this one,

Also, Aweys and Aideed were in contact, you ought to listen to people who were there, I mean you even deny that SNM and Siilaanyo wanted to push for secession from the get go but I know people who were there in person during meetings in the early 1980s. During the fighting of Al Ittihad, SSDF didn't know who they were up against, they found out later by accident.

As for your views, the ICU was largely made up of a clan sympathetic to the secession of the northern regions and would have been more favourable than the current TFG, that's a logical way to look at it, seeing that facts aren't getting through your skull.

Al itaxaad wanted to Conquer other parts of Somalia that doesn't make them tribalist they wanted some sort of Islamic-state in Somalia not a bad thing.So now its other itaxaad members having links with USC and not Daahir aweys we are getting some where. I am not sure about clan insults, if Daahir aweys support his clan he would've supported his closest clan cousin Abdiqasim salaad boy. So wait a minute the warlords they selected him and than rejected him again what does that mean for Col Cabdilahi Yusuf not a legitimate president since the warlords selected him denounced him again. SNM never wanted independence when we exclude the first chairman Axmed Jimcaale but Siilaanyo and tuur were not for independence during the struggle take that from me. Its strange though a group of warlords select a president he lives in exile he comes in has no support on the ground and uses Ethiopian mercenaries to destroy the capital.

Somalia   

The leader of a group is in contact with another as he conquers land belonging to another clan in the name of Islam and it isn't tribalist.

wlEmoticon-sarcastic_2.png

I am not sure about clan insults

:D

f Daahir aweys support his clan he would've supported his closest clan cousin Abdiqasim salaad boy

We are talking about his history in 1990s, then there wasn't any sub-clan alliance, at least assure me that you know that? Cabdiqashin isn't relevant concerning Aweys. I mean Aweys was controversial from the beginning which is why he wasn't promoted to the top and the face of the ICU, even they knew not to go that far.

So wait a minute the warlords they selected him and than rejected him again what does that mean for Col Cabdilahi Yusuf not a legitimate president since the warlords selected him denounced him again. SNM never wanted independence when we exclude the first chairman Axmed Jimcaale but Siilaanyo and tuur were not for independence during the struggle take that from me. Its strange though a group of warlords select a president he lives in exile he comes in has no support on the ground and uses Ethiopian mercenaries to destroy the capital.

Mogadishu was deemed unsafe, even to the point where 7 people died on May 2005 when the PM was giving a speech in 2005. Some warlords were keeping up to the promise of pacifying the capital, even to the point that some withdrew forces. The Islamists took advantage of a weak government that was shuffling around Baidoa and Jowhar and seized power. Haha, who destroyed the capital? Seriously though, "to destroy the capital" as if it wasn't already destroyed. Wow

As for Somaliland's independence, you may push that line but the truth is known. The working of the secessionists quest for independence has been in plan since independence, let alone the failed attempt in 1962. People who were there attest to it, so leave out the bit about where they actually tried to overthrow the government in the 60s.

Abwaan   

I only disagree with arrinta gaalnimada....taas Ilaah baa garanaya oo nooga aqoon badan....Waxyaabo kale oo Maaddeey ka hadlay waa ku sugay.

let him rest with his god pple. As the somali saying goes...nin dintey kabihiisa dama!! Lets talk about the current living warlord morons that we have to deal with, like Sil'o, middle-finger, shiekh hotel etc.,

kabiish.

Though I disagreed with many the policies of late president Col Yusuf, but the unqualified criticism by certain fanatic is unwarranted and highly objectionable.

Whether one loved and loathed, Col Yusuf has passed away. At least we should have the decency to leave the old man alone.