Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

What if Somaliland does unify with Somalia?

samjamaa   

I agree with that point but the chances of success for any sort of unification relies upon both parties being equal. However, the South Somalia is getting slowly better and instead of watching they fall back into anarchy - Somaliland and any other peaceful, Somali-controlled, states have a duty to liberate their Somali brothers and sisters from this material hell while we still can. Honestly Somaliland and Somalia are interconnected once Somalia settles down and becomes a peaceful place is better to unify together. Some Somalis want Somaliweyn? Other wants Somaliland at the same time? Simple solution! A 'Federal Republic' Where each region can govern their own affairs. Personally, i believe in unify will make somali strong.

Sister Im not sure if you are up to date with Somali politics. SL is a region that is part of Somalia like any other regions in Somalia, it still is an integral part of the country and united under the Somali republic. SL politicians in Hargeisa are seeking secession from the rest of the country which has not happened yet but they have local administration that's based in Hargeisa.

ANWAR   

Puntland having oil and south Somalia in peace, who needs Somaliland ??

I'd rather unite with Somali Galbeed cuz They have oil and much more Somali history!!!

*ANWAR*;788101 wrote:
Puntland having oil and south Somalia in peace, who needs Somaliland ??

I'd rather unite with Somali Galbeed cuz They have oil and much more Somali history!!!

Well said

somaliland is Tastíng its Own Medicine whichs what you see today khaatumu stat,e and awdalland republick and coming years burcoland republic. and so on.

as koonfurain person actually iam for 100% somaliland to stay away, somaliland and qaldaamiins is just dhibaato socoto

but i will say also somaliland must let those people who does not want to be part of somaliland. somalia was not muqadas to be divided therefore somaliland is not either muqatas to break part of several new republics.

every clan in somalia( from unity of 1960) must have its own republic.

bilan   

do you realize SL is a clan based entity, and they are still part of Somalia, so there is nothing to unify, so i do not know how you want one clan to save a country, but how can we ask them to save anything when they are the ones who burning down cities??