Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

A. I. Samatar Says He is Against Khaatumo

why are you guys hating on the man for..because he rejected khatumoo...a 4 year old with any sense knows khatumoo is a joke..from birth, to name to structure, to everything its not viable...What Samatar said was its better for Somaliland to be whole then further divided...i thought as unionists you people would agree with him considering its easier to put a state back together in two large pieces then 12 dozen pieces...logic right. These unionists are funny...all talk no brains or plan...kolba dinac u caraar...khatumooo......................awdaland..............khatumooooo......people just look at reality...with everything aside politically the underlying question is has Somaliland been to the benefit of its people?? The honoust answer is Yes...

Somaliland has created peace between cities and peoples..they trade and has even extended this development and its cash eastward investing in las canod, building water infrastructure and hospitals something not even done under puntland or siad barres regime who never really cared about las canod till Somaliland got a hold of it...now its tolllaaaahiyooo waa ina lagu jihaaadaaa...give me a break...:D

peasant   

I personally think Prof Samatar is not very realistic and the utopian Somali state he envisions is far from reality at this time and day. Today It is very unrealistic for Somalia to have a centralized government, that is because lots of tribal groups are still wary of each other and they need sometime to develop a mutual trust between them. The prof probably left somalia in the early years of Siyad's rule when Somalia was a great nation and still thinks that the civil war did not change somalis very much which is not true.

As for his education, I would say he ought to be respected but of course that respect too has it's limitation and people should be able to object his views if they have reasonable grounds for it. After all, he is not a Nabi but just a learned man that can not be free from faults.

To me i think he objects far too many people in Somali politics than he embraces and his hiil qaran xisbi is no different than the over hyped, diaspora built admins that never materialize. That is just my two cents.

Abtigiis   

Common sense dictates that there would be too many things to object to in Somalia in the last two decades. It would be helpful to give examples of things the Professors objected to and to judge them on a case by case basis rather than resorting to generalizations. I personally think they have been nearly always correct on all of issues including objecting to Khaatumo and Awdal State.

I also think the feeling that old somali sentiment is dead is too simplistic. I think diaspora people like peasant actually gauge things by the polarization they see where they live. I see the communities in Somalia from time to time and I have no doubt that it is not difficult to revive a new wave of somali nationalism. It just needs a bit of belief and work.

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;778912 wrote:
Common sense dictates that there would be too many things to object to in Somalia in the last two decades. It would be helpful to give examples of things the Professors objected to and to judge them on a case by case basis rather than resorting to generalizations. I personally think they have been nearly always correct on all of issues including objecting to Khaatumo and Awdal State.

I also think the feeling that old somali sentiment is dead is too simplistic. I think diaspora people like peasant actually gauge things by the polarization they see where they live. I see the communities in Somalia from time to time and I have no doubt that it is not difficult to revive a new wave of somali nationalism. It just needs a bit of belief and work.

Agree.

The proffesor so far objected to:

-Ethiopian invasion in Moqadishu. failed.

-TFG construct from the beginning.failed

-Somaliland secession and int recongnitionso far failed

-Clan based states all failed.

(Puntland become a regional administration(Bari, Nugaal and half of Mudug) rather then

the clan based State it was as the original intention was in 1998. )

-Al Shabaab failed

-Khaatumo, Awdal State, ?

-

Abtigiis;778879 wrote:
Let us be honest. Professor Ali Khalid Galayr has a dubious past, mainly in relation to corruption at mareereey sugar factory. Should the Samatars write about him in foreign land, maybe not. But they sure have a better CV in terms of integrity.

Again, none of the people who are commenting here have 1/4 of the knowledge the two professors have. So, they should know their limits.
This doesn't apply to Duke andthe punties. In that land, the day you enter grade 11, you buy a reading glass (no matter your age), tie the glass-holder small bag at your waist, firmly attached to your suun, carry a briefcase and that is it: you are a Professor
. The place has a misguided sense of self-confidence which is beyond impudence. It borders foolishness. So, these naturally-born professors can critique the samatar professors.

There you go again, attacking a whole clan out of envy. This is becoming quite a routine for you. Now how on earth are confidence and ambition a bad thing? Let me remind you that Abdi Smatar attacked not only Galayr but also Mohamed Farmaajo with regards to his education and lack thereof. However he could not utter a single word against Dr. Abdiweli when he was appointed. Again Abdiweli has better credentials and experience than the Smatars’ for the top job not to mention he attained this at a younger age.

I await your next installment of insults towards the clan of the North East.

A_Khadar   

Abtigiis;778879 wrote:
Let us be honest. Professor Ali Khalid Galayr has a dubious past, mainly in relation to corruption at mareereey sugar factory. Should the Samatars write about him in foreign land, maybe not. But they sure have a better CV in terms of integrity.

Again, none of the people who are commenting here have 1/4 of the knowledge the two professors have. So, they should know their limits. This doesn't apply to Duke andthe punties. In that land, the day you enter grade 11, you buy a reading glass (no matter your age), tie the glass-holder small bag at your waist, firmly attached to your suun, carry a briefcase and that is it: you are a Professor. The place has a misguided sense of self-confidence which is beyond impudence. It borders foolishness. So, these naturally-born professors can critique the samatar professors.

Wait a second.. Awoowe what did you say? Corruption at Mareerey Sugar.. Any proofs other than Siyad Barre accused him where he did anyone who opposed him?

I live in same place where both Samaters and Galaydh lived, Minnesota, and closely followed their differences. Abdi Samater never provided any evidence to what he accused to Dr. Galaydh when was offerred the job @UofM and the proof was that the dean of Humphrey Institute proceeded to hire him after he consulted with those knew Galaydh from other universities he worked for and also the State Department. Abti, don't bring that issue here now unless you have tangable proofs.

The argument here is Samater has beef with Galaydh rightly or wrongly, but opposing Khatumo and Awdal and asking to keep s/l united when in fact s/l wants to succeed from somalia is totally conflicting stance and makes no sense by one arguing somalia's unity. BTW, I am still waiting anything that these Samaters ever support. They always against everything..

I recalled once when he bad mouthed about some of the somalia's universities and called it one "meel cariish waa laga dhisi karaa" and can be called a university. This was at a student's conference where he was inviting to encourage the community to support somali's education.

Taleexi   

Abtigiis:

Are We comparing Dr. Galaydh and Prof. Samatar or are we debating his selective justice in here: That is; Let SL be and Awdal & Khaatumo not to be. I myself see clan states are not viable but there is inconsistence in his stand. In the case of Dr. Galaydh's alleged wrong doings - I've neither substantiated evidence to back up nor free of guilty reason to believe otherwise therefore I leave that in there. But thing is for sure, Dr. Galaydh (Win or Loose) has served more in his country than Prof. Samastars did. And what has Dr. Galaydh's past do with Khaatumites destiny? Amankaag.

Abtigiis;778879 wrote:

Again, none of the people who are commenting here have 1/4 of the knowledge the two professors have. So, they should know their limits. This doesn't apply to Duke andthe punties. In that land, the day you enter grade 11, you buy a reading glass (no matter your age), tie the glass-holder small bag at your waist, firmly attached to your suun, carry a briefcase and that is it: you are a Professor. The place has a misguided sense of self-confidence which is beyond impudence. It borders foolishness. So, these naturally-born professors can critique the samatar professors.

Professor Abtigis, you too forgot to disclose the fact you belong to the same political party as that of Samatars. Your speedy defense for the Samatars even when they are clearly wrong and shortsighted is therefore understandable :D.

If you care the rebirth of Somali nationalism and territorial integrity, support Khatumo, and Awdal states. This is the most practical political approach and the best way to inject some needed sense into the political discourse of Somaliland region. To stand something is not cheap and does indeed require some hard choices. The Samatars have tendency of being on the right side on many issues; they defended Somali community many times on Western media, opposed Azania, opposed secessionist ideology, opposed Ethiopian invasion and attempted to form a nationalist party. But as always they shirked from completing the task, and go for the kill when given the opportunity . Case in point: Khatumo.

NASSIR   

=Abtigiis;778912

Well said Abtigiis!

peasant   

Abtigiis;778912 wrote:

This guy called pm Farmaajo qabilist and said he is not fit for the job and we know what farmaajo accomplished during his time in office.

He was also one of many naive individuals who opposed the ethiopian intervention and now we know the current TFG is in fact begging ethiopia to help them ousting the alshabaab millitia. I can just go on and on to show you that he lacks sound judgement and likes to oppose for the sake of it. He is just a loud spectator that is all.

peasant;779124 wrote:
This guy called pm Farmaajo qabilist and said he is not fit for the job and we know what farmaajo accomplished during his time in office.

He was also one of many naive individuals who opposed the ethiopian intervention and now we know the current TFG is in fact begging ethiopia to help them ousting the alshabaab millitia. I can just go on and on to show you that he lacks sound judgement and likes to oppose for the sake of it. He is just a loud spectator that is all.

Only Soomaalida dalkooda jecel opposed Xabashi invasion of Koonfurta -- and still do oppose it. The only 'naive' Soomaali is the one who believes Xabashis crossed xad beenaadka in the interest of Soomaali nation and its people's unity or peace. Or to build or help the Soomaali nation. That is the thinking of a true, real naive Soomaali.

peasant   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;779172 wrote:
Only Soomaalida dalkooda jecel opposed Xabashi invasion of Koonfurta -- and still do oppose it. The only 'naive' Soomaali is the one who believes Xabashis crossed xad beenaadka in the interest of Soomaali nation and its people's unity or peace. Or to build or help the Soomaali nation. That is the thinking of a true, real naive Soomaali.

Of course It is in Ethiopia's interest to have stable somalia as a neighbor. It is no brainer by now that you should know that they too have internal conflicts, they fight in multiple fronts and the long porous border they share with us can complicate their situation if groups like Alshabab are operating across their border. For somalis on the other hand our current interest is very obvious and all we want is getting our house in order.

The silly notion of Ethiopia being Cadow Soo Jireen ah is something only harbored by naive somalis. In the world we live today, friends and foes are not constant, they change with time and are not dictated by emotions but rather by reason and interests. Who could have thought france and germany would have common union and share a common currency? of course If we were stuck with the views of world war 2 era we wouldnt think so.

PS: I am not saying somali should relinquish it's sovereignty and drop it's guard but all i am saying is that enemies and interests do change with time. We should be friends with countries we have common interests and be enemies those who object our interests.

gooni   

Prafossorku waa nin aad u xishooda markay runta tagto

Idaacadahana ka sakow,awoodna uma laha inuu inta hor fadhiisto u fasiro macnaha hiil qaran ardada jaamacada camuud,, naftiisa ha u hiiliyo marka hore.