Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Valenteenah’s Moving Speech at the Taleex Meeting

No dear, it's not me, Abtigiis just used me as a Soler from those regions (guessing it was a toss up between Malika, Aaliyah and moi). Did you find the video then? Would love to hear her speech.

Bluelicious;771760 wrote:
Where can I watch this speech other then on Somali Channel TV which I don't got?

Gabadhaan in uu ka hadlaayo u maleynaa, inkastoo wuxuu qoray iyo see u hadleyso isma laha. Perhaps another clip kale waaye filaa.

5v0tiu.png

You wacan watch the full clip on

. She comes at 47:22 minutes.

Valenteenah.;771802 wrote:
No dear, it's not me, Abtigiis just used me as a Soler from those regions (guessing it was a toss up between Malika, Aaliyah and moi). Did you find the video then? Would love to hear her speech.

Okay well anyways welcome back :) MMA just posted the video.

MMA - Thanks for the link to the video. If this is from today then it is her.

MMA & Val - You can see the photo of that woman on A_Khadar's Khatumo 2 update thread.

Abdul   

Good speech by this fine lady.Also the former minister Abdikarim Jama gave a great speech.Hopefully people will get what they want.

Abtigiis   

We sincerly apologize if we have infringed on anybody's right for privacy, but we stand by our report and we trust our sources.

Bluelicious - you seriously don't expect Val to say 'yes there I am', of course! This is elementary stuff you should know, inaadeertay macaan. :D

Aaliyyah   

That lady was such a great speaker, walahi i WAS MOVED by her speech mashallah..and she said shes from columbus, Ohio. Abtigiis maaxaad dadka uga waali..

salaam

Abtigiis   

WEEP NOT OODWYNE

In super-market parlance, the VAL is out of stock. A brand that won’t come back in months, or years, in its current design. It is out of market too.

But,soon, and very soon, an unmarried sister from SSC- image cut and copied by scale from the Val you saw here – will be Taleex’s newest grace; - will have to roll down the Xargaga Valley, turn left into another valley, this time the one down to Xudun.

Down, down that rough-way, past abooraale, past tuulo-baas, past Sabareey’s trenchs, into the Qorsheel’s den, crossing the haasweyne River, leaving dusty villages alone to her West. The Darwish-girl from Canada will do a gentle dip, into the masrshlands of the SOL plateu, unevenly split by seasonal streams as it hurries to empty into dry, thirsty soils, close to Las Anod, the place of repeated tears.

Legend has it that the SSC sub-clan in LA is bewitched by marauding secessionists, black cats cut into miniscule pieces of flesh and blood, green and yellow eyes from fattened he-sheep removed from their sockets, mixed with honey and milk, and dried hair of sterile widower, and then buried in a water-well in the center of the town. Day in, Day out, families drink water from the deep well, all the time absorbing the jinx of division into their emaciated stomachs.

But this beauty will throw a cleansing spell on the cursed town, splashing coca-lite she imported from the lands of thousand rivers onto bony and ribbed cows of home.

The bones belong to Garaad Jaamac. These four legged carcasses scatter along either side of the road outside Las Anod, clearly sapped, seemingly browsing barren, ashen soils of Sol. She will feed them hotdogs and crisps and these beasts swell, and swell before her own eyes! And then she will proceed, and proceed, to where the curse will be lifted, to where it will happen. For days.

Before she will have walked for long, only for few days, and close to the fortress of Taleex, the cheering cavalcade (decorated he-camels carrying her) shall mop, drums and ululation, slowing pace, closing ranks into an incessant bee-like of blinking right indicators. Only that the indicators are gunfire from AK-47s. Whereupon, the lead he-camel shall gaze at the carving on an aging Qudhac tree! It reads “Taleex, Khaatumo 2”, the bottom side of the 2 meancingly pointing towards Hargeisa, seemingly taunting whatever race there to dare a disruption of this idyllic wedding.

And then appears the stone-walled edifices that housed Somalinimo and Islaamnio for decades, standing still, bereaved and streaked like the hand of a leaper. A toothless old man shouts “it badly needs a caring Alma Meter. Taleex’s Palaces”.

This SSC bride will have arrived, will have finally touched the loaded red sands of home where cattle and camels buy you a wife, send boys to school. Where to be smart is to tie three big satellite dishes (some analogue, some digital) and revolve it heaven-wards, southwards and at times downwards, to gaze at the innards of this universe with this potent desert ‘Challenger-II’.

She will have arrived to a household with all these rich idiosyncrasies. Whereupon the anxious village shall explode into happiness, less for the Val’s younger sister’s marriage, more for the promise of a great eating feast to follow. Coca Cola sent for a task of taking the chunky meat of goat and camel home, as far as the bigger intestines, rice munched between animated gossip, and amid sowing of it back to the plates where you harvest to the annoyance of some who think this is bad table manners; only that it is bacda cuntada manners in the land of the Daraawish!

Ony that a bigger marriage of clan cohesion is taking place by the side, making the joy of the bride ephemeral. And the SSC gray-haired men read scripts after scripts. Embarce one another and clap and jump in circles in joyous dance of triumph. The triumph gives us more of the girls we watched, to be marked for adoring pursuit of the dwindling species – the tall and durable girls of the SSC. That is the real triumph.

So, weep not Oodweyne. Taleex is more than mundane politics. it's the EGOLI (place of Gold) of eating; the time of drinking; the hour of ephemeral plenty. It is a three-dimensional endevour in this land of perpetual scarcity.

NGONGE   

^^ Without the descriptions about how Val looks, I still say that lady is NOT Val. Because I know if Val was giving a speech in that conference it is likely to go something like this (with brackts and all):

"The path of SSC is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish (Imam) and the tyranny of evil men (SL). Blessed is he (Xaglatuusiye) who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am VAL when I lay my vengeance upon you."

p.s.

Vengeance in this instance is probably a rolling of the eyes.

(With apologies to QT).

Abtigiis;772092 wrote:
WEEP NOT OODWYNE

In super-market parlance, the VAL is out of stock. A brand that won’t come back in months, or years, in its current design. It is out of market too.

But,soon, and very soon, an unmarried sister from SSC- image cut and copied by scale from the Val you saw here – will be Taleex’s newest grace; - will have to roll down the Xargaga Valley, turn left into another valley, this time the one down to Xudun.

Down, down that rough-way, past abooraale, past tuulo-baas, past Sabareey’s trenchs, into the Qorsheel’s den, crossing the haasweyne River, leaving dusty villages alone to her West. The Darwish-girl from Canada will do a gentle dip, into the masrshlands of the SOL plateu, unevenly split by seasonal streams as it hurries to empty into dry, thirsty soils, close to Las Anod, the place of repeated tears.

Legend has it that the SSC sub-clan in LA is bewitched by marauding secessionists, black cats cut into miniscule pieces of flesh and blood, green and yellow eyes from fattened he-sheep removed from their sockets, mixed with honey and milk, and dried hair of sterile widower, and then buried in a water-well in the center of the town. Day in, Day out, families drink water from the deep well, all the time absorbing the jinx of division into their emaciated stomachs.

But this beauty will throw a cleansing spell on the cursed town, splashing coca-lite she imported from the lands of thousand rivers onto bony and ribbed cows of home.

The bones belong to Garaad Jaamac. These four legged carcasses scatter along either side of the road outside Las Anod, clearly sapped, seemingly browsing barren, ashen soils of Sol. She will feed them hotdogs and crisps and these beasts swell, and swell before her own eyes! And then she will proceed, and proceed, to where the curse will be lifted, to where it will happen. For days.

Before she will have walked for long, only for few days, and close to the fortress of Taleex, the cheering cavalcade (decorated he-camels carrying her) shall mop, drums and ululation, slowing pace, closing ranks into an incessant bee-like of blinking right indicators. Only that the indicators are gunfire from AK-47s. Whereupon, the lead he-camel shall gaze at the carving on an aging Qudhac tree! It reads “Taleex, Khaatumo 2”, the bottom side of the 2 meancingly pointing towards Hargeisa, seemingly taunting whatever race there to dare a disruption of this idyllic wedding.

And then appears the stone-walled edifices that housed Somalinimo and Islaamnio for decades, standing still, bereaved and streaked like the hand of a leaper. A toothless old man shouts
“it badly needs a caring Alma Meter. Taleex’s Palaces”.

This SSC bride will have arrived, will have finally touched the loaded red sands of home where cattle and camels buy you a wife, send boys to school. Where to be smart is to tie three big satellite dishes (some analogue, some digital) and revolve it heaven-wards, southwards and at times downwards, to gaze at the innards of this universe with this potent desert
‘Challenger-II’.

She will have arrived to a household with all these rich idiosyncrasies. Whereupon the anxious village shall explode into happiness, less for the Val’s younger sister’s marriage, more for the promise of a great eating feast to follow. Coca Cola sent for a task of taking the chunky meat of goat and camel home, as far as the bigger intestines, rice munched between animated gossip, and amid sowing of it back to the plates where you harvest to the annoyance of some who think this is bad table manners; only that it is
bacda cuntada
manners in the land of the Daraawish!

Ony that a bigger marriage of clan cohesion is taking place by the side, making the joy of the bride ephemeral. And the SSC gray-haired men read scripts after scripts. Embarce one another and clap and jump in circles in joyous dance of triumph. The triumph gives us more of the girls we watched, to be marked for adoring pursuit of the dwindling species – the tall and durable girls of the SSC. That is the real triumph.

So, weep not Oodweyne. Taleex is more than mundane politics. it's the EGOLI (place of Gold) of eating; the time of drinking; the hour of ephemeral plenty. It is a three-dimensional endevour in this land of perpetual scarcity.

Bless the Aftahan tongue or Prof Abtigis' pen; the depiction of Khaatumo conference at Taleex as a real triumph for the SSC community with beautiful, flowery language is refreshing...

The point is not whether Val gave the speech, the point is rather how the views of this large community from the educated, urbanite like Val to the camel herder in Boocame are converging to achieve unity for all people

A_Khadar   

Naxar Nugaaleed;771786 wrote:
damn sol investigative reporters caadi maha! Can someone post the vid though

I kept mixing u with with u up with XX.. That is so bad..lol..

The girl in ref is not Val, but from Columbus OH, she is also in the pics where G6 toured on Xalin's farms.. Great lady and I am sure our sol Val is also just as great.. Hope u have seen the vid already..

STOIC   

Having been a member here for a long time before the influx of scripts and regional loyalist I can attest to that VAL is one person who is above the Somali politics of the gutter...She takes an aversion to politics....

PS I really don't see the big DEAL about this conference.The very process of TOLKA meeting is a somali thing so lets give them space and goodwill for their meeting.The flood gates of regional independence has long been OPEN...Whether tomorrow produce a new engagement with Somaliland would in large part depend on their effort to sustain themselves as an independent regional state.