Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Grand Gathering of Gol Khatumo @ Taleex -- dissected

Liibaan   

Baashi;770658 wrote:
And that's fine. Do you differentiate between the recovery zone of PL and folks who lead them?

Yes, I respect my neighbors - people of Puntland/Reer Bari, I only have problem with Faroole Faction.

Baashi;770658 wrote:
Can you be against the admin but the support the enterprise?

I believe Puntland and SSC STATE of Somalia can coexist peacefully, our 2 states can be good neighbors.

Baashi   

Just-in ;)

Beesha Dhulos maqaawiir attending the make-or-break grand gathering at Taleex have reached a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). After long and heated deliberations, the Khatumo attendees chose unity over joining neighboring administrations. As appealing as joining existing administrations was (to some factions), the unity of the clan trumped all other considerations.

All the stakeholders were present. They made their case and in the end unanimously approved the unity motion. A textbook example of the power of traditional gar-naqsi practiced by Somalis. No surprise there as SOL punditry expected this outcome.

The long and winding road the wise elders chose to embark on is the only option that can achieve the unity they so desire for their flock. Now begins the hard work of implementing the pact and owning up the reality on the ground. They also need to think long and hard as how to grease the wheels of government without source of income -- port tax revenue is now out of the window. Taxing the poor is a non-starter. Pledge money from the Diaspora is a short term fix. Aid money, however, is available if they can show that system is in place to manage it. Mogadishu has plenty of it.

Just as you would expect from SOL cyber talking head in politics section, I put on my magnifying glasses on and skimmed through the clan pact A_Khadar posted. Authenticity of the declaration has yet to be verified. Just saying :) Having read the hastily typed document, it is not clear to me what it really means as far as the issue of the day is concerned.

On the one hand the new pact makes void and null all agreements the clan had previously entered with other political administrations. That part is crystal clear. On the other hand, going forward, the MOU leaves all doors open in the not so distant future, for similar pact with the same administration, once the leadership consolidates power and attains token legitimacy.

Political flexibility is great and sometimes necessary as it gives leadership a room to wiggle in the likely event unforeseen political situations arise. But it also gives hope to both admins. This vagueness is unsettling! Somalis expected to see an equivocal clause that reaffirms the clans commitment to the unity and the territorial integrity of Somalia.

SSC folks should take solace in the fact that folks who will be sitting on the saddle of this horse are rivals and differ in their political views. This is good thing. In the absence of strong institutions, having team of rivals in the leadership council is politically sound for they will perform the checks and balances by default. It will be very difficult for one faction to shortchange the other in the coming two years.

It is not over till the qallanjo sings waa maalin weynoo, musliminta oo idil ay wada maqsuudeen. Dhuubo will only hum the melody and reserve the song for the day when the executive posts are filled and all the contestants are satisfied with the selection process and the final outcome. The Gobaad will not sing, I am told, till SSC-elect executive branch promises not to provoke warmongers around them lest they disturb the peace.

A time like this is the time when the wise takes a left turn to wimp-ville:) Reconciliation is an issue whose settlement is more important than anything else. Heshisinta beelaha is a an issue that must be tackled before anything can be settled.

The two Ali’s and the good folks of G6 and G15 have outsmarted and outmaneuvered everyone in pulling off of this much needed “correction”. And they did it in a peaceful way and in manner akin to the time tested tradition of pastoral democracy.

Somaliland dropped ball a long, long time ago. That briefly opened with the loss of laascaanood and the election of faroole. really anyone who tells themselves otherwise is either under a massive disillusionment or a needless lier.

lol some people are under the false belief that cyber rhetoric will win the day rather then the will of the people but i believe we should all join Ngonge at that fence he talks about

Abdul   

Oodweyne;773704 wrote:
Naxar,

Give it another try, my friend, I really think, the game could not have come out any better for Somaliland, at least, as things stand now,...
:D

But, we shall see...

How is it coming out better for somaliland?The people have decided to form their own state and have nothing to do with you .Or are you saying you will send in your 'cidanka qaranka' ?

Carafaat   

Oodweyneh has a point there, this issue is eventually about governance and service delivary for the people. So ask yourself with which administration could an SSC region better work with or have cooperation with in terms of governance, service delivary, security, laws, garbage collection, etc?

Somaliland or Puntland? :D

This aint about science, nor clan. Its about governance!!

State of Khatumo is declared in historic Taleex

The political ramifications are clear as we have pointed out before. The recent attack on Buuhoodle shows how desperate the admin in Hargeysa feels about this new development.

Paragon   

Greetings from the city of Coventry, proverbially dubbed the hub of SSC outside the SSC-proper.

Odayaasha SOL: Sheikh Xiin, Baashi iyo General Duke, salaan sare.

Having read through the write-ups, I'm somewhat inclined to say that this time, our veteran Sol pundit, Baashi, has floored this sucker to the mutuleelo, as my friend would jovially remark marka xuminta hadalka iyo murtidaa halkay ku mudnayd la dul dhigo.

I think it is fair to say that contrary to our resident Oodweyne's persistent delirium, the very success of the SSC will not only herald a political clout for PL's Faroole and Ilkajiir clans, but also such a success squarely settles the kinship scoreboard which was in deficit since the take-over of LaasCaanood. Faroole, Ilkajiir, Galayd and Weeciye families on the same side want to put up a front in future Somali politics, the great lineage-keepers have, in a whisper, hinted to me. The plans are grand, I hear. And if these rumours are even remotely close to the truth, the Khaatumo spirit and success is just the beggining - talk of incooperating larger swaths of regions falling under the family tree is the understated ambition, was another implied message.

And Puntland far from being irrelevant or sidelines, is undeniably the key and the force behind the grand plans. Thats what I was actually forced to listen to, though I lately don't enthuse in Somali realpolitik, the threat being, adeer waad na dhagaysanaysaa, hadii kale maxaa tol lagu yahay? :) Waa iska cajaaib. Lol.

As for Liibaan and Som@li and those who argue against them, I would agedly plead, war nimanyahow stop squabbling over siblings' tittles; you are all on the same side! Time to put old rivalry aside and surf the mother wave in current.

Paragon;776127 wrote:
Greetings from the city of Coventry, proverbially dubbed the hub of SSC outside the SSC-proper.

Odayaasha SOL: Sheikh Xiin, Baashi iyo General Duke, salaan sare.

Having read through the write-ups, I'm somewhat inclined to say that this time, our veteran Sol pundit, Baashi, has floored this sucker to the mutuleelo, as my friend would jovially remark
marka xuminta hadalka iyo murtidaa halkay ku mudnayd la dul dhigo.

I think it is fair to say that contrary to our resident Oodweyne's persistent delirium, the very success of the SSC will not only herald a political clout for PL's Faroole and Ilkajiir clans, but also such a success squarely settles the kinship scoreboard which was in deficit since the take-over of LaasCaanood. Faroole, Ilkajiir, Galayd and Weeciye families on the same side want to put up a front in future Somali politics, the great lineage-keepers have, in a whisper, hinted to me. The plans are grand, I hear. And if these rumours are even remotely close to the truth, the Khaatumo spirit and success is just the beggining - talk of incooperating larger swaths of regions falling under the family tree is the understated ambition, was another implied message.

And Puntland far from being irrelevant or sidelines, is undeniably the key and the force behind the grand plans. Thats what I was actually forced to listen to, though I lately don't enthuse in Somali realpolitik, the threat being,
adeer waad na dhagaysanaysaa, hadii kale maxaa tol lagu yahay?
:)
Waa iska cajaaib. Lol.

As for Liibaan and Som@li and those who argue against them, I would agedly plead,
war nimanyahow stop squabbling over siblings' tittles; you are all on the same side! Time to put old rivalry aside and surf the mother wave in current.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWDHT9297h-rSJ0dobrQ

Ps: Hey cutey (saying it for a reason :P) I have read your blog. How have you been?

Paragon   

Blue, alxamdulillaahi. All's well. How have you been?

My blog? Oh thanks. Surprise its still there.

PS: Cutey? Erm, Odayna cuteydu ma qabataa talow? Ragga haygu hor ceebayn gabaryahay. :)

Paragon;776135 wrote:
Blue, alxamdulillaahi. All's well. How have you been?

My blog? Oh thanks. Surprise its still there.

PS: Cutey? Erm, Odayna cuteydu ma qabataa talow? Ragga haygu hor ceebayn gabaryahay.
:)

Doing good and yes your blog is still there interesting stuff you got on there but I liked it. Loool don't be shy about it you either got it or you don't and you have it so it can be said cuteness doesn't have a age it's a compliment dear.