Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

NSUM - Mahiga must Go!

those who destroyed somalia proper want to destroy somaliland.....there is evil in them, but the people r aware nowadays & they will be crushed.

After winning the war for Sool, Somaliland has to concentrate on winning the peace with extremely limited resources(a far more difficult proposition). The Sool community is an integral part of Somaliland and while great efforts have been made to facilitate its reintegration back into Somaliland civil society, it must be redoubled.

Significant sections of the Sool 'diaspora' are stuck in the past, still haunted by the fall of the 'Kacaan', fearful of retaliation for past participation by prominent members in that regime, and retelling ancient sub-clan feuds. This decades-long period of exile have left some far removed from the changing realities in the region combined with an inability to move on. People are moving on- more concerned with the struggle of daily survival. The unwillingness/inability of this above-described diaspora group to visit home adds to their alienation from current trends. Hence their celebration of every 'geeljire' clash that happens in the region.

Cambaro   

A_Khadar;763803 wrote:
Xiin even that peace and stability is no longer the case..

That is what I call pure hatred, somaliland is here to stay and Mahiga among others talked about the progress somaliland is making every day.

Cambaro   

Mintid Farayar;763813 wrote:
After winning the war for Sool, Somaliland has to concentrate on winning the peace with extremely limited resources(a far more difficult proposition). The Sool community is an integral part of Somaliland and while great efforts have been made to facilitate its reintegration back into Somaliland civil society, it must be redoubled.

Significant sections of the Sool 'diaspora' are stuck in the past, still haunted by the fall of the 'Kacaan', fearful of retaliation for past participation by prominent members in that regime, and retelling ancient sub-clan feuds. This decades-long period of exile have left some far removed from the changing realities in the region combined with an inability to move on. People are moving on- more concerned with the struggle of daily survival. The unwillingness/inability of this above-described diaspora group to visit home adds to their alienation from current trends. Hence their celebration of every 'geeljire' clash that happens in the region.

Very well described, I agree with you Sool diaspora are stuck in the past, and don't want to move on.

A_Khadar   

burahadeer;763807 wrote:
those who destroyed somalia proper want to destroy somaliland.....there is evil in them, but the people r aware nowadays & they will be crushed.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ur so bacaaaaaaaaac walahi.. For the record, Siilaanyo is one of those destroyed somalia...

A_Khadar   

Cambaro;763815 wrote:
Very well described, I agree with you Sool diaspora are stuck in the past, and don't want to move on.

Let me agree with what you both said just for now. Then what would you say about that all s/landers both diaspora and back home are stuck with what happened 20 years ago and don't want to move on and stop this succession madness..

A Khadar, think of Somaliland as a clan of ours who out of legitimate, political grievance resorted to unworkable approach to remedy the past. The stuff they concocted in thier effort to separate from us is quite entertaining :D . If you read Mintid Farayar's post, the delusion is ever palpable and raw.

But I would say this; after the fall of Laascaanood, Somaliland's separatist project has reached a political sealing. With no history of clan majesty to sing for, the victory against their historical nemesis was perhaps too big a feat for them. I am sure in the chewing gatherings of Hargeysa the fall of Laascaanood is a big deal, but the movement it ignited (which our separatists brothers are now constantly complaining about) made a more profound statement about the viability of separatist project. Here you have a large clan with glamorous history whose capital is taken by a neighboring clan that've gone rouge on them. The people who resisted British invasion, and put up twenty years of struggle against an enemy with vast resources and logistical reach are now waking up to a peculiar reality after a century of Darwish movement; a certain northern movement wishes to relive the relics of colonial era, seeking to curve up entire cities and land to reach a wicked political station called closing colonial borders of 1920s.

Simply put, with the fall of Lascanod, a lane was crossed. As a result , an entire movement was born to take up the challenge. Result: Diaspora is organizing to reverse the gains of this mad group. And it is scaring the heck out of a lot of separatists in abroad who witness the rebirth of SSC nationalism.

So the activism, the Diaspora organizations, and the songs of Saado Ali are all part of that reality. Those who provoked it shall have no reason to complain about it---they are akin to the fool that bit a piece he could not swallow.

That is how I understand the SSC activism ...

Now that said, I am not fond of the denial of other community's achievements. The fact remains in the north, semblance of law and order exists. In the areas where there is a consensus, peace reigns supreme. And I appreciate that. The problem lies in the areas where the separatist delusion attempted to expand ...

A_Khadar   

Cambaro;763814 wrote:
That is what I call pure hatred, somaliland is here to stay and Mahiga among others talked about the progress somaliland is making every day.

If any somali has hatre for another somali, your lot broke the record. Tell me the peace in s/l when it attacks all its neighbor clans from Awadal, to Ceerigabo, to Sool to Buuhoodle not to mention the killil5 communities.. Ooh may be that doesn't count becaue it isn't happening in hargaysa and burco cities..

A_Khadar   

xiinfaniin;763834 wrote:
A Khadar, think of Somaliland as a clan of ours who out of legitimate, political grievance resorted to unworkable approach to remedy the past. The stuff they concocted in thier effort to separate from us is quite entertaining
:D
. If you read Mintid Farayar's post, the delusion is ever palpable and raw.

But I would say this; after the fall of Laascaanood, Somaliland's separatist project has reached a political sealing. With no history of clan majesty to sing for, the victory against their historical nemesis was perhaps too big a feat for them. I am sure in the chewing gatherings of Hargeysa the fall of Laascaanood is a big deal, but the movement it ignited (which our separatists brothers are now constantly complaining about) made a more profound statement about the viability of separatist project. Here you have a large clan with glamorous history whose capital is taken by a neighboring clan that've gone rouge on them. The people who resisted British invasion, and put up twenty years of struggle against an enemy with vast resources and logistical reach are now waking up to a peculiar reality after a century of Darwish movement; a certain northern movement wishes to relive the relics of colonial era, seeking to curve up entire cities and land to reach a wicked political station called closing colonial borders of 1920s.

Simply put, with the fall of Lascanod, a lane was crossed. As a result , an entire movement was born to take up the challenge. Result: Diaspora is organizing to reverse the gains of this mad group. And it is scaring the heck out of a lot of separatists in abroad who witness the rebirth of SSC nationalism.

So the activism, the Diaspora organizations, and the songs of Saado Ali are all part of that reality. Those who provoked it shall have no reason to complain about it---they are akin to the fool that bit a piece he could not swallow.

That is how I understand the SSC activism ...

Now that said, I am not fond of the denial of other community's achievements. The fact remains in the north, semblance of law and order exists. In the areas where there is a consensus, peace reigns supreme. And I appreciate that. The problem lies in the areas where the separatist delusion attempted to expand ...

You said it right...

AKhadar, word to the wise - don't be hoodwinked by those above^^^ who urge time and time again for you and yours to go to war but are never there to support you in the heat of battle. Examples of this abound in the last 2 decades (Mogadishu, Kismayo, Las Anod, etc.). They're quick to fill the minds of the impressionable with mythical days of clan glory and domination as long as others will do the fighting.

Many on the ground are hard at work to resolve the misunderstandings regarding our two positions - but war is not the solution! Don't fall victim to ephemeral feel-good clan 'shout-outs'. How much success has it brought the region and people you claim to love in the last two decades? You usually retort with "And you don't have recognition yet!". But lack of international recognition has not kept Somaliland standing still. Hence, the reason it's used by the international community as the template of what Somalia can become. And likewise, every aspiring regional administration (Puntland, Azania, Galmudug, etc.) uses 'Somaliland' in appendage to their declarations of how they will run their region(in particular, when lobbying for international funds!).

By accident of birth, you've been given citizenship and a stake in this regional success story. You oppose it but yet offer no working solutions. Join Somalia? What is there to join? All we see is a carcass of a once beautiful land continuously betrayed by greedy, merciless leadership. If that's your solution, then you're not serious, my friend...

A_Khadar   

Mintid, you and your lot have one common bad syndrome that you all suffer so much.. It's all good when you argue against staying with the South Somalia because of its last 20 years’ conditions but in the same paragraph if not the same sentence you all gag a sticky acid air from your stomachs when you hit the clan button.. Darn it, had you not ever gone there, I would have been fallen for your point and probably nodded for you with agreement.

But again when in fact the mere reason of all about this s/l project is based on clanish and its emotions, I wouldn't suggest you and your lot to ever bring up clan, being this a hint. Besides the starting point of this topic, you were heading it towards that your project made so much progresses and that progresses' front runner is the peace and stability. And all I am saying is, not any more since the invasion to Sool and many other fights after that over the years, one og being the latest killings in Awadal. So now come again and clear your point dear lad, and don't ever go to the clan "thing" cause that side is your loss..

A_Khadar;763852 wrote:
Mintid, you and your lot have one common bad syndrome that you all suffer so much.. It's all good when you argue against staying with the South Somalia because of its last 20 years’ conditions but in the same paragraph if not the same sentence you all gag a sticky acid air from your stomachs when you hit the clan button.. Darn it, had you not ever gone there, I would have been fallen for your point and probably nodded for you with agreement.

But again when in fact the mere reason of all about this s/l project is based on clanish and its emotions, I wouldn't suggest you and your lot to ever bring up clan, being this a hint. Beside the starting point of this topic, you were heading with this towards of that your project made so much progresses and that progresses' front runner is the peace and stability. And all I am saying is, not any more since the invasion to Sool and many other fights after that over the years, one being the latest killings in Awadal. So now come again and clear your point, and don't ever go to the clan "thing" cause that side is your loss..

AKhadar,

I brought up clan?? Wasn't it your 'cousin' in the preceding post referring to 'clan glory days' which you so quickly agreed with. I, simply, pointed out the recent history of where that's led some from the 'NSUM' wing. If that's sticky acid from our stomachs, then we have grossly differing perceptions of reality. Yet, my question, stands : The whole world knows what Somaliland is offering, limited as it might be in resources. What's the alternative you're suggesting for your community?

To refresh your memory:

xiinfaniin;763834 wrote:
A Khadar, think of Somaliland as a clan of ours who out of legitimate, political grievance resorted to unworkable approach to remedy the past. The stuff they concocted in thier effort to separate from us is quite entertaining
:D
. If you read Mintid Farayar's post, the delusion is ever palpable and raw.

But I would say this; after the fall of Laascaanood, Somaliland's separatist project has reached a political sealing. With no history of
clan majesty
to sing for, the victory against their
historical nemesis
was perhaps too big a feat for them. I am sure in the chewing gatherings of Hargeysa the fall of Laascaanood is a big deal, but the movement it ignited (which our separatists brothers are now constantly complaining about) made a more profound statement about the viability of separatist project. Here you have a large clan with glamorous history whose capital is taken by a neighboring clan that've gone rouge on them. The people who resisted British invasion, and put up twenty years of struggle against an enemy with vast resources and logistical reach are now waking up to a peculiar reality after a century of Darwish movement; a certain northern movement wishes to relive the relics of colonial era, seeking to curve up entire cities and land to reach a wicked political station called closing colonial borders of 1920s.

etc., etc.,

How simply you fall for precisely what I had just warned you about. All it takes is a little massaging of a wounded clan ego...

Mintid Farayar;763844 wrote:
AKhadar, word to the wise - don't be hoodwinked by those above^^^ who urge time and time again for you and yours to go to war but are never there to support you in the heat of battle. Examples of this abound in the last 2 decades (Mogadishu, Kismayo, Las Anod, etc.). They're quick to fill the minds of the impressionable with mythical days of clan glory and domination as long as others will do the fighting.

Many on the ground are hard at work to resolve the misunderstandings regarding our two positions - but war is not the solution! Don't fall victim to ephemeral feel-good clan 'shout-outs'. How much success has it brought the region and people you claim to love in the last two decades? You usually retort with "And you don't have recognition yet!". But lack of international recognition has not kept Somaliland standing still. Hence, the reason it's used by the international community as the template of what Somalia can become. And likewise, every aspiring regional administration (Puntland, Azania, Galmudug, etc.) uses 'Somaliland' in appendage to their declarations of how they will run their region(in particular, when lobbying for international funds!).

By accident of birth, you've been given citizenship and a stake in this regional success story. You oppose it but yet offer no working solutions. Join Somalia? What is there to join? All we see is a carcass of a once beautiful land continuously betrayed by greedy, merciless leadership. If that's your solution, then you're not serious, my friend...

That's what I call a scholar & honest...my hat off to you.

Mintid, these people don't live in reality & can't see,feel,detect & above all acknowledge the reality on the ground or around them.All what is left for them is "we fight", a fight they can't sustain for couple o days or neva comes...and all they do is call upon the americans(In 1994),Ethiopians(2006) & now kenyans to carry out their fight & it all failed.They neva lived in harmony among somalis.Look what Siyad Barre did & what they been doing in every region since.Why somaliLand is stable is cos they don't have much muscle..in the south all the hell is brought about by them & that's is why it's in the mess it is.

Remember when Siad left, the people who persuaded Ali Mahdi to steal power(and they were scared of SNM & Aideed)were them.That's what started the whole myhem..rest is history.