Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Bye bye Mr Henry - Thierry leaves North London

Thierry.   

I hate to say this but, i see dark days in the horizon for the worlds best team. vava voom has left, Fabregas has sworn his allegiance to the manager and not club, and worst of all it seems unlikely that the gaffe is going to stay on ones his contract expires

i can just see gunners becoming an average team instead of being of the elite teams they used to be, i am an arsenal and henry fan and this is not cool man but it makes you wonder who the hell is gonna stop the barca with all these firepowers they have? Just imagine their attackers and their midfielders and the left wing for Messi.. Damn! that is crazy..

BOB   

I thought Henry was overrated according to many of you so-called football fans and some of you even went as far as saying Arsenal played better without him and now that he's gone you are quick to change tune...What happened? I had to get that out of the way as soon as possible.

Now...my brother Northerner Arsenal has been there before Thierry, as great as he was for the club and the English Premier League we will bounce back.

Personally...i expect Fabregas to leave and join him at his hometown club of Barcelona as well...We will bounce back after few years in the Wilderness...We are too great and too big to become an average team because of couple of players...

Arsenal.......G-U-N-N-E-R-S-!

Salam Aleikum w.w

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

^^You had your 8 years saxib. Time to step aside for the 'real' kings of English football. Not Man Utd, not Chelski but the MIGHTY MIGHTY REDS of Anfield.

ps Liverpool will now concede 3 goals less next season :D

pps where is the football anorak - the Viking man?

nuune   

As my friend Bob said, Henry is overrated, I don't believe he was the greatest player in premiership standard or even CL standard, most of his time in Arsenal was shattered by injuries, the hard work was done by his colleagues, he had some mini-adventurous with Arsenal and his goal-scoring abilities has to be acknowledged too, but he wasn't the greatest and that is why he left Arsenal so he can become the greatest in somewhere else, he failed Arsenal, and the fans equally!

N.O.R.F   

I beg to differ. The guy is probably one of the most gifted players I've ever seen. speed, touch, control, eye for goal, passing. The guy has it all. A little arrogant and shows off alot. He was missing in most games he played in last season. I think he was just tired.

He did score some spectacular goals and broke records. That no mean feet.

BOB   

Salam Aleukm W.W

My brother North, I don't think Titi's departure will only affect Arsenal but also the image of the Premier League and it wont be too long before you see the entertainment value and the exciting surrounding the whole premier league losing few brownie points, after all he was voted as the favourite of the premier league fans around the world more than once and as they say Premier League's loss is La Liga's gain.

Do you honestly believe Drogba would've even had a smell of finishing as the top scorer had Henry been little bit lucky with the injury front and when did you last seen a player needing only 20 goals to be the top scorer of the league?

Henry was the last player to score 30 goals in the premier league and he holds the record of assists with cool 20 assists in one season and he was supposed to be a striker!

Like I said a while ago he was arguably the greatest player to ever grace the premier league and Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen and Allan Shearer all echoed the same statement when asked about Thierry Henry, after all when you score 226 CLASSIC goals in 300+ games you know your legendary status is forever sealed and that is exactly what Thierry Henry will forever remain to all the Arsenal fans around the world and as an Arsenal fan myself, I can only wish him well because he has done so much for us and made us touch the heavens with our hands more than one occasion.

How would I remember Thierry Henry?

apart from being remembered as Arsenal's greatest goal scorer and our living LEGEND, I would always remember him as the man who made habit of scoring extra ordinary goals and yet look them seem ordinary.

Good Bye Vavoom.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

As my friend Bob said, Henry is overrated, I don't believe he was the greatest player in premiership standard or even CL standard, most of his time in Arsenal was shattered by injuries, the hard work was done by his colleagues, he had some mini-adventurous with Arsenal and his goal-scoring abilities has to be acknowledged too, but he wasn't the greatest and that is why he left Arsenal so he can become the greatest in somewhere else, he failed Arsenal, and the fans equally!

Nuune, I didn't say he was overrated, I just echoed a statement some guys said a while back but if you want to know what I think of Thierry Henry then he is simply the greatest player ever to play in the Premier League and this is not a statement made by an Arsenal fan but a legitimate one considering his statistics in the 8 years he spent in England and like it or not the truth of the matter is Premier League fans never seen a more complete striker than your average 18 yard area Predators as he scored all kinds of goals and boy did he made them look so simple. :D

in my opinion he was underrated and he deserved to win Fifa World Player of the year more than one occasion and I am totally convinced he would've done so had he been playing in the Serie A or La Liga, the only two leagues the World Player of the Year to have been chosen from since its inception.

Nuune, How do you define failure? The guy is Arsenal's all time leading goal scorer and he finished top scorer more than any player in the History of the premier league and won PFA and Football Writer's Player of the year three consecutive times which is unheard of before him and Arsenal would've never achieved that historic 49 Games UNBEATEN run without Thierry Henry and statistics would suggest the same as he won more games for us than any other player in the squad and not only did he score 30 goals that season but also created 20 goals for his teammates which I believe will never be surpassed just like I believe his 226 goals for Arsenal will never be broken and ina aabow if that is not a successful club career then Pele & Maradona must also have been overrated in your opinion! :D

Nuune, give credit where its due, its not a shame to like Crouch more than Henry as I understand loyalty and stuff but for me what you saying is like hearing myself arguing that Adebayor is better than the legendary Ian Rush simply because I am an Arsenal fan.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Viking   

Henry was the best player to ever play in the Premiership. Maradona, Platini, Pele, Hagi, Papin, Ronaldo (even Weah in his prime) and Zidane never played in the Premier League. Neither have current top crop like Kaka, Ronaldinho etc so Henry is by a mile the best player ever in the PL.

He will obviously be missed but this is a perfect opportunity for the youngsters at Arsenal to step forward and be counted. They usually played better without Henry because they sat back and hoped he'd get them out of every mess every time he played. So in a weird way, his presence was holding a large number of young players back from development. He was just too big for the young Arsenal squad. Imagine Adebayor, van Persie, Fabregas or even Walcott having the chance to be star of the team. I believe and hope they will step forward and dazzle the Premiership with the skills we all know they possess. Interesting times lie ahead!

I thought Henry was overrated according to many of you so-called football fans and some of you even went as far as saying Arsenal played better without him and now that he's gone you are quick to change tune...What happened?

Bob, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Henry is the best player to have played in the premier league full stop.

Wenger has never been proven wrong on big transfers like this.

Nicolas Anelka won't replace Henry.

No matter what the papers are speculating, no one knows who he will bring.

Ryan Babel won't come to Arsenal this summer.

Fabregas will probably leave in a few years time.

Grimandi will be the new Director of Football.

Wenger will sign a new contract, but not any time soon.

BOB   

Originally posted by Viking:

because they sat back and hoped he'd get them out of every mess every time he played.

Last season he came out and said the same thing and encouraged them to express themselves either with him or without him and I believe he helped Van Persie become the vital player that he is today to the team and like he said in his farewell article, Van Persie will be the most important player of the team now and his teammates will look up to him for inspiration and I am sure he (Van Persie) is relishing the opportunity to step out of the monumental shadows of Titi and be the player that we all know he can beas he's already shown last season how devastating he can prove to be when in the mood just like the great man himself.

Let's talk about Adebayor a bit here, I believe next season he will finally come of age and start becoming a reliable goal scorer as this coming season is his make or break season and I hope he finishes off half of the chances he gets and for the sake of Africa I hope he will go on to have a long and successful career at Arsenal.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Fabregas   

A great move by Arsene. Give Arsenal five years and they will everything. The current crop of youngsters will become a world class team. Diaby, Fabregas and Denilson will hold the midfield, whilsy you have plenty of attacking options attacking wise eg. Walcot, Adebayor, Persi and the young Danish lad. I also excpect Chelsea to become waste in a few years time........