Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Why Would Alshabaab Kill So Many Innocent People?

Upon hearing the awful news of the huge explosion that killed dozens of young, aspirant students and their parents in Mogadishu, I could not help but ask the question: what would one achieve in killing so many young souls causing so much anguish and sorrow for the survivors? Even if considered from purely military standpoint, I still could not find a satisfactory answer. I listened alshabaab spokesperson press release. I put up with the apparent cruelty and utter disregard to the lives lost in that press statement of his just to understand why alshabaab did it. Still, the read out of the statement ended without giving me the slightest rationale as to why would an organization that aspires to rule Somalia one day resort to such a mass killing of innocent Somalis.

Surely the religious principles in whose cause alshabaab fight and die does not condone such an evil act. So in the face of bewildering alshabaab actions and the contradictions it presents to its political manifesto, which is Islamic in nature, I pose the question to the gallery: why would they do it?

To filter out frivolous answers, assume that alshabaab is a serious organization whose actions are intended to meet tactical or strategic goals. Assume that alshabaab does not act impulsively but rather in a calculated fashion and out of some sort of a plan.

Madness total Madness they are out of control i have listen today to Ali dhere he said our target was the Ministry of educated and the TFG base.And the Killings will continue he said till the TFG is removed from Mogadishu he said we will not stop its obvious the target were innocent civilians and he did not shed a tear and i believe they were planning this for weeks this is beyond evil.

Showqi   

Xiin, Why don't you ask How can we stop Al-Shabaab? Waa maxay Why Would Alshabaab Kill So Many Innocent People? m qiil baad u raadinaysaa those id1ots!

allaha u naxariisto jana fardowsana hakawaraabiyo wax qoraneey aheeyd laakiin i cant help but think about the single

fact that this happened afew months back and whoever brought these students to mogdisho didnt think twice about the

consequences that it would have! wixiii dhacay weey dhaceen i know regretting it is not going to bring back those prescious lives, although i hope they wont hold any more major meetings or any such thing in xamar.

i agree with sxbkey Showqi,, its time inaan is abaabulnaa oo ku jihaadno khawarijtaan oo fadhiga laga kaco hadii jiritaan soomaliyeed la doonaayo walahi ninka ugu horeeyo oo xabadda ku rido aan ahaan lahaa,, shabaab aan iska qabano waaye dardaarankeygu.

Abdul   

They are not a serious organization to begin with.Look at the areas they controlled last 3 yrs.They never established any kind of governance.All we hear is these lunatics killing people and chopping limbs.To kill so many people and bragging about it shows what kind of people they are.

AYOUB   

Surely the religious principles in whose cause alshabaab fight and die does not condone such an evil act. So in the face of bewildering alshabaab actions and the contradictions it presents to its political manifesto, which is Islamic in nature, I pose the question to the gallery: why would they do it?

I think they justify the mass murder by declaring even the civilians living in the TFG-controlled zones as apostates. Just see the the thread below.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/59254-Gaa-lbaad-tahay-hadad-dhanka-dowlada-uguurto?p=748044#post748044

That comes from someone who lived in London till recently and with family still here. If the killing Muslims living in Muslim lands could be openly justified like that, what hope the rest of us?

AUN the victims.

Jacpher   

^It's one thing to justify these heinous acts of terrorism, but another to religiously and seriously believe that blowing little innocent kids into pieces is what gets one to Shahada and Jannah. Only demosnistic monster believes such garbage, that's if they believe in existence of Janah or Jahanama. No sane human being can digest such a thing. Only a demon knows what another demon do.

They would kill as many innocent people as they can because of two reasons:

1- They were fed a wrong information. Listening to their spokesman's interview he was insisting that those students were not students and the media is misleading people. He said they were new intelligence recruits who were going Sudan for a training. So the information they had was all those people were spies for the Government.

2- Extremism starts somewhere but continue to grow. They started under the banner of fighting against occupiers (Ethiopia first, then AMISOM) ... Then they said the government officials are puppets ,,,, and now everyone is Gaal. Didn't u hear one of them telling people that if they move to the gov controlled area they become Gaalo ??? ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well, now that is the new Alshabab.

Som@li   

Jacaylbaro;750038 wrote:
They would kill as many innocent people as they can because of two reasons:

1- They were fed a wrong information. Listening to their spokesman's interview he was insisting that those students were not students and the media is misleading people. He said they were new intelligence recruits who were going Sudan for a training. So the information they had was all those people were spies for the Government.

2- Extremism starts somewhere but continue to grow. They started under the banner of fighting against occupiers (Ethiopia first, then AMISOM) ... Then they said the government officials are puppets ,,,, and now everyone is Gaal. Didn't u hear one of them telling people that if they move to the gov controlled area they become Gaalo ??? ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well, now that is the new Alshabab.

well said, to them everyone is infedel

Showqi   

Al-Shabaab killed many innocent Somali people in Baladwayne 2009

Al-Shabaab killed innocent Somali Students in Hotel Shamow 2009

Al-shabaab killed more than hunderd innocent fellow Somalis yesterday by using a truck loaded with explosions.

Today you guys are still asking yourself the question: "Why Would Alshabaab Kill So Many Innocent People?" did you forgot what happened in Baladwayne, did you forgot what happened in Hotel Shamow. Mar bay wanaagsan tahay in la is weydiiyo Why this? Why That? lakiin iminka waa la dhaafay wakhtigii la is weydiin lahaa Why? Al-Shabaab inta ay wadankeena joogaan, nolosha dadka Soomaaliyeed khatar ayey ku jirtaa.