Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Jasmine's wedding

Aaliyyah   

This is for ms moons lol, i just had to share it...how simple these ppl are...and having so many brothers i never really understand having separate weddings ofcourse i know it is islamically must if u want to have fun but then again u wanna share it with your father and brothers .something to reflect upon (and as somalis i doubt we are ever gonna be this simple lol)...

salaam

Nina Fox   

This is sweet Maasha allah. Horta what I noticed about Somali weddings is they do things because hebel or heblaayo did it before them and they just have to have the same shizzle....yaab badanaa. No originality at all. My friend's sister got married on the weekend before Ramadan. She is a single mom (2 kids under 10) and the guy is a cabbie faarax. To each their own and everything but in my opinion if you have children you have to think before you leap. Spending 8K on a 4 hour wedding is just absurd when you can buy a car for your kids to enjoy with you, giving some to charity and saving some for a rainy day.....But no.......they had to go OTT.

PS: Is Jazmine a member of SOL? LMAO,,,Just had to ask.

nuune   

I don't think this can be classified as a wedding, more like a snap-shot of a wedding that would come in a frenzy weekend, all I see is a bride that has being stripped from movements, koronto maa lagu dhajiyey, isn't a wedding supposed to be a happy occasion, none of the people in the video are showing any sign of humanity.

Aaliyyah   

Nina, that is so sad that a mother of two would waste so much money on a wedding. Subhanalah u would assume she would be more mature and responsible..

n i dnt know if jasmine is a soler, bt i think she is african american i believe i have seen few of her other utube links. (bt u never know?)

Ayoub is cidagale another way of saying warfaa? like u went to another wedding that u didnt even know the groom or the bride lmao..ur sad case walee joking..hope u enjoyed ur bariis..

Narniah, I agree with you..mashallah

Nuune aduu marna qosolku ma wacna dheh marna wax qoslaya raadi...adiga i think u just love to be critical lmao..Besides, they look content to me..

Abtigiis I think we over do with weddings..this looks simple and islamic..funeral kulaha :P

salaaam

Aaliyyah   

^how can they "iskadhaaf" like u put it...I think this wedding was mixed with the nikaax, wasnt the dad giving away his daughter?!! or was that my eyes lol..anyhow everyone is entitled to their opinion..but what proves you are happy? to smile at the camera all day?? to buy the best dress out there looking like a doll and taking off ur hijaab like many girls do including hijaabis.? renting some expensive hotel for just one night and feeding 200 ppl u dnt know or care about ?..oo hadhow dhaha hebla bariis xun ee nasiisay ama hebla dresskeedi alla qaabdarana and this and that ....at the end of the day happiness is about you and your spouse and how u treat one another not one superficial day....theres hadith that said the best of u are those who are best to their family..showing off is unnecessary!

and lmao@Waraaqaha xaashiyaasha wax dhulka ka qaado maala waaye. I simply don't like littering.

kursiga ba ka dhici gaadhay..i didnt even notice that! subhanalah..let me rewatch it not that it will change my opinion of it!!..

salaam

Aaliya and her favourite subject: Marriage. Goormee bariiskaaga cuneynaa, year in and out waaka hadashee guur, aroos, nikaax iyo masuuliyada saaran xaaska iyo seygeeda. So goormaa la cuni doonaa bariiskaaga? 058.gif

Darn, I just realized inaa Women's section dhex dabaalanaayo. Waaka baxay.

I am with MMA on this. Simple translates to cheap and quick. Huge weddings are waste of everything. If you can, do throw a medium, classy, and on the expensive side of a wedding. "danbi baan diidayaa" is the sorry excuse of a lot of broke people. If every other facet of your life doesnt include religion, then why should you justify your faqiirnimo with "danbi ma rabo"?

Aaliyyah   

Chocolate you have raised an excellent point, that some ppl out there only religious when it suits them..but that is them..

at the end of the day it is islamic to be as simple as possible..at this time and date maybe one cant be as simple as this girl lol.so i guess ur suggestion of having a medium wedding like not like this and not too expensive might be the way to go..

either way, we should avoid wasting money as most somalis seem to do (and they do that even thou they dnt have the money for it and they dnt have a decent jobs)..like hey if ur millionaire or even someone with decent job go for it even thou its still a waste..bt like having dead end jobs and wasting 30k and more on a wedding is what is wasteful and dumb..

my 2 cents..

salaam

Jacpher   

Congrats. Happy reunion. Barakalaah lakum wabaarka caleykum wajama baynakumaa fiikheyr.

If you can't afford to offer congrats to brotha Rashiid and sister Yaasmiin, at least don't a hater. This is a sweet, short, to the point marriage ceremony with a bit of mareykan touch. All ay diinta tiri in marriage is a wali, a qaadi, and two witnesses. Anything else is a crowd, iyo waxaaga wax laguugu daray iyo tan Soomaalida oo israaf fowqal israaf noqota inta badan. I don't get the trashing or tacsi comments on the marriage of this young couple. Chances are this one is much more sound in diinta than the ones dadkeena dhigtaan every weekend. We ignore to see the beauty of creating a new family and get obsessed with expecting others to have our own style and understanding of marriage. Let others choose to live their lives. Let them spend half a penny or a boatload of money. It's for their own satisfaction, not yours.