Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

WALK FOR SOMALIA - TORONTO to OTTAWA

Miriam1   

The Walk for Somalia Team is back

We are a group of Somali youth in Toronto that are taking a stand against apathy, we can no longer sit ideal as millions in Somalia are facing starvation.

On September 19th to September 26th, in honor of the countless children, women and men who have perished walking to refugee camps in hope of salvation we will be walking from Toronto to Ottawa to raise funds for famine relief.

Help us showcase the generosity of our vibrant people by sponsoring our walk.

Every step we take is a step towards a brighter future.

Please donate at http://walkforsomalia.ca/donate/

and/or sponsor a walker - http://walkforsomalia.ca/sponsor-a-walker/

Miriam1   

Hanad, the 8 months old member of the Walk for Somalia (Toronto-Ottawa), waves to the Camera as dad Abdifatah looks on. Hanad has made history by becoming the youngest member ever to participate in a long distance, trans-cities walk in Canada.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311765#ixzz1YcvZUHdJ

If Hanad can go the distance, SO CAN YOU! Step UP for Somalia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuujiye   

This is and excellent Idea...Iinsha allah it will remind me my Libooya Somalia days in 1991 loool.... Im walking baby!! me and my little boy with our Chelsea kits on looool....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Miriam1;747530 wrote:
Hanad, the 8 months old member of the Walk for Somalia (Toronto-Ottawa), waves to the Camera as dad Abdifatah looks on. Hanad has made history by becoming the youngest member ever to participate in a long distance, trans-cities walk in Canada.

Read more:

If Hanad can go the distance, SO CAN YOU! Step UP for Somalia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a lovely Family! Masha'Allah.

May Allah reward all those taking part.

Tuujiye, do it!

Som@li, lol...when did walking become self-harm?

Aaliyyah   

masha allah beautiful family indeed.

Juxa nop sis. I am not taking part of it...laakin I wish those who are the best, may allah swt bless them :)

salaam

p.s when people say they are walking from a city to another, it doesn't mean they will be walking the whole trip..some will be driving and some will be walking..

Kool_Kat   

^If people tell me they are walking, I expect them to walk - not drive a car or ride their bikes!

Juxa, a walk from Toronto to Ottawa? I've been living in Toronto for over 20 years and never once have I even driven to Ottawa...

As great a cause as this sounds, I'm with Som@li on this one...Specially walking in the kind of weather we've been having for the past few days, an eight month old should not be subjected to this kind of harm, wah! Good luck to the organizers/participants...

Ps, Abdifatah and his family are beautiful...May Allah reward him for all that he has done for his community...

chubacka   

^ they are similar looking.

What a great idea, may Allah make it successful. 8 day trek is a big commitment, really rooting for them. Tuj, let us know how you get on iA.