Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Limits of Vuvuzela Genocide

Abtigiis   

As a born-again Somalilander who started learning Somali history from the SNM days, you are not to blame if you can't mount any defense on issues that precede that period. You rely on information and analysis from the intellectual midget Xaji Xundjuf and the man whose name is the same as that of his tribe - Ayoub. The latter is sharp, but a sharpness whose horizon doesn't see beyond the clan enclosure is wasted.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;745180 wrote:
As a born-again Somalilander who started learning Somali history from the SNM days, you are not to blame if you can't mount any defense on issues that precede that period. You rely on information and analysis from the intellectual midget Xaji Xundjuf and the man whose name is the same as that of his tribe - Ayoub. The latter is sharp, but a sharpness whose horizon doesn't see beyond the clan enclosure is wasted.

You want me to mount a defence? Fine, I will. But first I want you to tell me about your recent visit to H town, saaxib. Did you need a visa? Did you have problems in the airport or were you welcomed with open arms?

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;745168 wrote:
Why a non-existent genocide is broadcasted with deafening vuvuzelas has nothing to do with honoring fallen SNM heroes or lander victims. To understand the main reason for this, one needs to look at the barely disguised divisions along clan and sub-clan lines among Somalilanders. The secession agenda stands on weak legal and moral grounds and needs some other support to escape death from asphyxia.
And historically, tyrannical entities consistently employed the tactic of creating imaginary enemies to evade popular scrutiny of their bad ideas.
What economic, political, social and cultural benefits are to be gained from dismembering Somaliland from Somalia? Who separates from whom in the knottily intertwined Somali society? What pressing and inescapable realities dictate such disunion? Answers to all these critical questions could reveal to the masses the irrationality of the secession agenda SNM militants imposed on the Somaliland populace. That is why old Migs have to dangle from buildings in Hargeisa. That explains the fixation with retribution rather than forgiveness. That is why old men who happened to be the front points of a military at war with foreign-backed shifta are given the persona of Adolf Aichman, solely on the basis of hearsays from traumatized former SNM fighters, who see phantom killers everywhere.

The SNM chauvinists, who are seen as heroes in Haregeisa, but could well end up crowding the roll of shame of Somali nationalism if they don’t repent, know the shakiness of their hollow aspiration. That is why unionist parties are outlawed in their constitution, which boasts of being based on democratic principles. That is why fear of a
fa.qa.sh
revival and re-colonization are propagated every time a rebirth of a strong Somalia State is discussed. That is why freedom of expression and association is forbidden for Somalilanders who preferred to fit into more spacious pants than the narrow clan underwear the rest of the clan choked itself with. This, against a well-known reality that the sort of government system that led to the civil wars in Somalia, will not be able to come back again in any form.

We all remember the bloody infighting that ensued after the declaration of secession in early 1990s. Their own internal feud is so intense that without Rayaale, we may have witnessed a second cycle of bloodshed. Now that establishment of political parties is legalized, brace for 45 different
habros
, each with a tiny flag and four-letter party name.
The lot is clan-worshippers to the bone. They seek salvation in clan identity, oblivious to the time-tested reality that there is no endgame to a clan identity.
Like the onion it is often equated to, clan identity gives you new faces in layers. A week ago, a guy from Burco area averred to me that he prefers to be under Sheikh Sharif or Abdiwali than to be humiliated by what he called a supremacist
Awal
boss. He meant Mohamed Hashi, the Finance Minister of Somaliland.

Says the man from O-land, who wants to name a country a clan name and break up the beautiful country of Ethiopia he so worships by imagining so called opression and killings and labeling Meles Zenawi(the father of the TFG) a tyran.

Chauvinism and hypocracy at its best. ;)

Beautifully crafted piece of writing. We will see if the seccessionists could present logical counter argument to Abtigi's hard-hitting truth.

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, the question is irrelevant. For so many reasons, but I mention two here: I work for an international institution and they have little choice than to let me in. second, I have my people in Hargeisa and I don't need to be welcomed or treated well by anyone else.

For the avoidance of any doubt and for the benefits of the hysterical Carafaat, my position on ONLF and the struggle against the colonial occupiers is clear. I have always asked myself if it is possible to support an organisation whose name I detest and whose strategies I disagree with. And the answer is yes. The ONLF is fighting aggression, occupation and slavery of the worst order. They are reacting to the rape of their daughters and mothers, and the dehumaniation of their elders and thinkers. It is a legitimate struggle and any freedom-loving human being will not see any fault in their struggle. It is a bona fide liberation movement. And I support it with all I have. However, that doesn't mean I am oblivious to the shortcomings of this otherwise remarkable organisation. The shortcomings start with the name. And I disagree with the name OGA.DEN and with any vision of an OGa.Denia state. There is no need for one.

I, however, cannot accept to let a dwarf Tigre from the barren fields of Adwa to determine how I live and who I call myself. I refuse to submit to the idea that because other somali clans are not in the mood to fight aggression, the Oga.den clan, who is targeted for extinction by the Ethiopian regime, should not fight back. That is nonsense. And if the clan that is leading the fight against aggression happen to be the one that sired me, it is a coincidence. An unwavering belief in individual and collective freedom guides me and who is championing it comes second.

That said, the issue is about Somaliland and not about Somaligalbeed. Other than invoking the matter of my identity and an altogather different issue, the recognition-seekers had nothing substantive to offer by way of defence to the important question of why their narrow fiefdom mentality should be allowed to kill Somali nationalism. Indeed, the fact is when their clanish prediliction is put on the on the spot light, their feeble personalised rebuttal is akin to the courtesy bow by of a woman whose lower garment accidently snapped before a watching gallery.

NGONGE   

^^ Irrelevent or not. Just answer me dee. Why all defensive on such a simple question? Hurry up dee, I need to mount the defence you requested warya. :D

Baashi   

Abtigiis is still at it. Good going. Spoilers could detract little from so solid an argument

So far well written air-tight argument with no serious leak. Oodweyne had he seen this thunder would have at least attempted to mount a defence.

An other serious write-up (the only fumble I've noticed is the jew reference).

Abtigiis   

Baashi,

The Jew reference doesn't anger them. If it does, I am happy to retract. Infact, I have every reason to believe they are happy with the analogy. They are weird. What is insult for some of us is considered a praise in the North. :D :D

Ngonge, YES is the answer.

On a related issue, please ask your girls to stop sending me hate PM's. Let us keep the women and the maati out of from this and fight cleanly. :D

A_Khadar   

So far, A&T presented very valid arguements and mentioned Oodwayn as usual will only confront with personal attacks rather than facing arguements before him.

A_Khadar   

Abtigiis;745231 wrote:

On a related issue, please ask your girls to stop sending me hate PM's. Let us keep the women and the
maati
out of from this and fight cleanly.
:D

:D :D

NGONGE,

Dhashaadaydaay sugtaa xaajadaad dhawrataa abide

Nin dharbaaxa quureed dugsaday dhaqayadeed maalye

Haddaad dhimato geeridu marbay nolosha dhaantaaye

Dhadhankiyo marbay kaa yihiin dhaqasho xaaraane

In the interest of the larger cause, and in the absence of your Guru, war adaay ku dayataye mount a good defense :D

Baashi   

I would prefer to use secessionist proponents instead of "they". It is good to avoid generalizations lest folks with sinister motives latch on it. Awoowe you are adding value to the forum. I am awaiting a serious look at Puntland, TFG, and Islamists. Put them in the melter and rip them apart. We really long serious discussion on matters of large importance.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis, since you answered yes to my questions I am going to keep my defence very short and to the point, saaxib. It's a play on my guru's "defeated lot" argument, you see. History is written by the winners, saaxib. Right or wrong does not matter much either. What matters is that those that won the fight have lived to tell the tale in their own way and according to their own preceptions.

Now you went to SL and had to go through an airport, get a visa and walk around in a city that is run by these winners. Of course, as a matter of principle, you may have disagreed with the whole thing but, in fact & practice, you had no choice but to follow the rules (rules put down by the people you disparge now). And, since you have no other way but to accept these blatent facts, you must also accept the fact that nations celebrate their own history and lament their losses in grand ways (WW II, Statue of the Sayid, etc). Now, tell me again, what was this thread all about?